Does HAL provide soap?

HAL has dispensers on tub/shower wall for bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. They also provide small bottles of moisturizer. In the past, they provided bars of bath soap and glycerine hand soap but our last few cruises, there was no glycerine soap and I had to make special request for bath soap. We don't like bath gel.

Sounds a lot like Carnival.

What about for your hands...at the sink?

Thanks so much!

HAL has dispensers on tub/shower wall for bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. They also provide small bottles of moisturizer. In the past, they provided bars of bath soap and glycerine hand soap but our last few cruises, there was no glycerine soap and I had to make special request for bath soap. We don't like bath gel.

Sounds a lot like Carnival.

What about for your hands...at the sink?

Thanks so much!

There will be a bar of soap for that.

It gets mushy after a while; I would prefer a dispenser with liquid soap there too.

There is a price for everything we are provided on the ships. ;)

Some are included in our fares and some are extra.

I had to make request to get a bar of soap for our sink. They brought the round white bar which I always used as bath soap. Despite repeated requests, I never received the orange glycerine soap they always provided. That is three cruises for us we did not get that soap though I asked for it.

Seems crazy to me what with Noro virus and we have to repeatedly ask for a bar of soap for our sink? :confused: That's a great place to cutback. Not. :rolleyes:

I know that some people can have particularly sensitive skin and will bring along soap/lotion/etc. that they know will be safe for them. A cruise is not the time to break out in hives :D :eek:

I know that some people can have particularly sensitive skin and will bring along soap/lotion/etc. that they know will be safe for them. A cruise is not the time to break out in hives :D :eek:

Of course I agree with that. Special needs items of course I would bring myself. I meant just an ordinary bar of soap for the bathroom sink. It should be there without asking, just to wash your hands.

I don't want to step into the shower to use bath gel from the dispenser to wash my hands (which with Norovirus should be encouraged not made more difficult). Plus bath gel is not the same as hand soap.

I inadvertently grabbed from home a pump-bottle of hand soap instead of body lotion to take on our last cruise. It turned out to be a good mistake and we used it to wash our hands even though we had soap at the sink. It stayed nicely in the area with the ship's lotion and shower cap. I will do the same on purpose next time to make sure we have antibacterial soap at the sink.

I may end up picking up a small bottle of antibacterial soap tonight...not a bad idea at all! :)

I inadvertently grabbed from home a pump-bottle of hand soap instead of body lotion to take on our last cruise. It turned out to be a good mistake and we used it to wash our hands even though we had soap at the sink. It stayed nicely in the area with the ship's lotion and shower cap. I will do the same on purpose next time to make sure we have antibacterial soap at the sink.

We had a friend that on his first cruise had a reaction to the Elemis soap, so you may always want to pack a small bar of soap when traveling somewhere new just in case.

It would never ever occur to me to take my own soap on a cruise. Booking a cabin is the same as booking a hotel room where we have never had to provide our own soap. Does anyone ever take their own soap when land traveling? There are just certain essentials that come with the room.

Several years ago we stayed in a hotel in Atlanta which did not provide any of those aminities. It was a nice hotel which was also an extended stay hotel so I suppose they thought that anyone staying there would bring their own. We were only there for 2 nights though and had to go out and buy soap, shampoo, etc. Now I carry small bottles of shampoo and soap just in case - not on a cruise though.

We were only provided with the yellow glycerine soap. I do prefer it to the bar soap.

I am beginning to wonder if there isn't some type of experiment going on as to which soap is preferred or cheaper for them to use.

Now, we too bring a bar of soap as do not like the gel stuff in the shower. The shampoo and conditioner are OK. Also bring air freshner and antispetic wipes. At least in a hotel you ususally get a bar of bath soap and a hand soap but not on cruise lines anymore.

How much does it cost a ship when they have a Noro outbreak that requires a huge washdown? (Not to mention the negative Public Relations....)

How much does a bar of soap for each cabin cost?

Which bean counter thought it was a good idea to eliminate providing soap? :groan:

Now, we too bring a bar of soap as do not like the gel stuff in the shower. The shampoo and conditioner are OK. Also bring air freshner and antiseptic wipes. At least in a hotel you usu sally get a bar of bath soap and a hand soap but not on cruise lines anymore.

DH always packs liquid anti septic soap, anti septic spray, and air freshener.

For the first time ever at a hotel, the last hotel we stayed at in Fort Lauderdale provided a can of air freshener.

Although I haven't seen the yellow glycerine soap in several cruises now, the round white soap is always there by the sink.

There is no shortage of soap on board. Sometimes the steward forgets to place it, but when asked, he brings some right away.

Absolutely, bring your own. Since they went to dispensers, I got really annoyed and decided to take matters into my own hands and pack a bar of soap. A nice one, kind of earthy crazy hippie spa stuff. You know? Why take chances? People are complaining about a bar of soap. People, wake up!! Pack a bar of soap!!!:)

Although I haven't seen the yellow glycerine soap in several cruises now, the round white soap is always there by the sink.

There is no shortage of soap on board. Sometimes the steward forgets to place it, but when asked, he brings some right away.

There sure seemed to be a shortage in our suite our two weeks on Nieuw Amsterdam. I asked repeatedly for soap and finally got the white bar. We never received the glycerine despite my requests.

I asked our steward in person twice for the soap and I left a note asking for it.

He/they were very good stewards in all ways so what would be the reason I had to keep asking for bars of soap?

I asked our steward in person twice for the soap and I left a note asking for it.

He/they were very good stewards in all ways so what would be the reason I had to keep asking for bars of soap?

A supply problem could have caused a shortage, and rationing. That has happened on cruises I've been on.

The one where TP was rationed got real serious.

RuthC

sail7seas

There sure seemed to be a shortage in our suite our two weeks on Nieuw Amsterdam. I asked repeatedly for soap and finally got the white bar. We never received the glycerine despite my requests.

Yes, it seemed there was a shortage...... :D

Archived