Aft Balcony Cruisers

Azulann

Saw on another thread, a poster with a moniker " Aft balcony snob".

I love being on the aft part of the ship. Have only been in the SV on Cenutry. Will be in 1251SV on a upcoming cruise. It was not my first choice, but only two were left when I book onboard in Sept 2011 for cruise Dec 2012!

Has anyone stayed in this SV?

Hope to book another cruise while I am onboard. Woud love a aft cabin again. My question is on the M and S class ships are all the Aft cabins CC or suites?

I know on S class some balconies are deeper than others. Also I know all about the lack of privacy for part of the balcony.

Love looking at the wake and being able to see an expanded view from these balconies.:)

I love being on the aft part of the ship. Have only been in the SV on Cenutry. Will be in 1251SV on a upcoming cruise. It was not my first choice, but only two were left when I book onboard in Sept 2011 for cruise Dec 2012!

Hope to book another cruise while I am onboard. Woud love a aft cabin again. My question is on the M and S class ships are all the Aft cabins CC or suites?

I know on S class some balconies are deeper than others. Also I know all about the lack of privacy for part of the balcony.

Love looking at the wake and being able to see an expanded view from these balconies.:)

Can't advise about SV cabins--have never seen one. I ceased to pay attention to the aft cabins on S class when I discovered they had no cover.

Aft cabins on M class ships are either CC1 or FOV. They all have excellent, huge, mostly covered balconies.

Aft cabins on M class ships are either CC1 or FOV. They all have excellent, huge, mostly covered balconies.

Linda,

There are a couple of nice aft suites on the "M" class also. ;)

We are due to go on our third cruise in aft c1 cabins on the s class ships and we absolutely love them. It is not true to say that they have no cover. They do but it is only the bit nearest the door to the cabin that is covered. That means that the balcony can have shade or sun whichever you prefer. Yes, you have to move the chair but no big deal. If you want shade or privacy then sit near the door, if not then move out a bit. The cabins at the aft are cc, sv or suites. The view is awesome and the sight of the wake illuminated at night is something that stays with you through out dismal weather at home! Go for it and enjoy.

I am 99% certain that none of the aft cabins on the S are deeper, some are wider, but depth is the same, with the exception of Sky Suites. There are some aft cabins on the M class that are significantly deeper. I think these cabins are commonly referred to as the "sweet sixteen".

We had a C1 aft cabin on our recent Silhouette cruise and really enjoyed it.

I am 99% certain that none of the aft cabins on the S are deeper, some are wider, but depth is the same, with the exception of Sky Suites. There are some aft cabins on the M class that are significantly deeper. I think these cabins are commonly referred to as the "sweet sixteen".

The "Sweet Sixteen" are not aft.

The Sweet Sixteen cabins on the M class ships are the first 8 cabins both starboard and port side on Deck 6. They are the same size as regular cabins, but have a deeper balcony.

Mary

And here is a picture of the aft cabins, with numbers.

The Sweet Sixteen cabins on the M class ships are the first 8 cabins both starboard and port side on Deck 6. They are the same size as regular cabins, but have a deeper balcony.

Mary

Oops, you learn something new everyday!

We are in # 8172 for our Panama canal cruise in September. I have done a search and cannot find the answer to this one. Can anyone tell me the size of the deck? My DH would like to know. its our first aft cabin and we are very excited;)!

We are on the Infinity.

Thanks in advance

Melody:D

We are in # 8172 for our Panama canal cruise in September. I have done a search and cannot find the answer to this one. Can anyone tell me the size of the deck? My DH would like to know. its our first aft cabin and we are very excited;)!

We are on the Infinity.

Thanks in advance

A great cabin! The veranda is about 9 or 10 feet wide, and 18 from door to rail.

Mary

These cabins are about 20-25 square feet smaller than the CC cabins; but, you are correct with regard to the non CC cabins.

Ah yes, how could I forget about those wonderful penthouses? Best cabins afloat! Thanks for pointing out my lapse.

Linda,

I wasn't trying to point out a lapse, just joking around. :)

A great cabin! The veranda is about 9 or 10 feet wide, and 18 from door to rail.

Thank You!! My DH will be very happy:D. For some reason I thought I saw on cc somewhere that they were about 15x25!! Of course I can't find that now!! I'll measure when we get on board! someone has to do the tough work!!LOL

We are on the Infinity.

Thanks in advance

You are going to love that cabin. We've been on Infinity several times & all aft cabins. We were in 8172 at least once. We may have even been in it when we cruised the Panama Canal back in 2004.

Kathleen - another Redmond resident

What do aft balcony lovers think about these new aft aqua balconies overlooking the aft bar on solticized M class ships?

Two weeks ago on the Summit we chatted with the three separate parties who were in the three most central and they all loved them...they are aqua class as well. We booked the middle, deepest balcony for next year. I think the cabins themselves are smaller than CC by 20 sq. ft. It cost ess than the other aft balconies and we are ready to try Blu...we had some so so experiences in the MDR.

Archived