Thomson Destiny's gone!?!?!

We are booked for 12 October and have today received notification from Thomson about the change. According to the letter we will receive our "udated confirmation" by 26 March. Another 10 days to wait:eek:. Once we have received this we will be able to phone and see what cabin we are being offered - hope it is deck 4 as we originally selected a cabin on deck 3 - although I have a good deck plan and have been through every other deck with a fine tooth comb so know where else I would be happy. Just wish it was sorted as I can't concentrate on our Mediterranean Crossing in five weeks time.

We are booked for 12 October and have today received notification from Thomson about the change. According to the letter we will receive our "udated confirmation" by 26 March. Another 10 days to wait:eek:. Once we have received this we will be able to phone and see what cabin we are being offered - hope it is deck 4 as we originally selected a cabin on deck 3 - although I have a good deck plan and have been through every other deck with a fine tooth comb so know where else I would be happy. Just wish it was sorted as I can't concentrate on our Mediterranean Crossing in five weeks time.

Me too (not the Med. Crossing though, lucky you) but I called in at TA yesterday and she said that although we have been told it would be 19th March ( Aug departure) for our updated confirmation, that not to hope too much as they were already days behind with the June departures because of the obvious complications.

However, she did say that all her clients were happy with their new cabins BUT that she had had quite a fight with Thomsons to get satisfaction. No refunds and some had paid a supplement to get what they wanted to match the position on the Destiny.

Ive just been told something that made me laugh .

I rang the Thomson Destiny switch help line and asked them what sports facility they have because the Destiny had a sports deck with basketball , babminton and table tennis they said they have "a room where you can play on the wii" soooo funny its gonna be just the same .

Ive just been told something that made me laugh .

I rang the Thomson Destiny switch help line and asked them what sports facility they have because the Destiny had a sports deck with basketball , babminton and table tennis they said they have "a room where you can play on the wii" soooo funny its gonna be just the same .

The Majesty appears to have a small gymnasium and a 'jogging track' which might well be the promenade deck :D Said deck is painted blue so no nice teak but i trust they will invest in loungers and chairs so there will be no room for the 3 joggers :eek:

Found some slightly better deck plans here:

http://www.fantasytours.com.mt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=261&Itemid=51&limitstart=1

Don't have to do a mock booking then to get them. Still no cabin category key on them though and no proper deck plans on the main information part of Thomson Majesty on the website. Must be waiting now for the brochures to come out for summer 2013 now, maybe.

There doesn't seem to be much outdoor space on this ship does there?

Not much no. Mainly just the Promenande Deck and then the Sun Deck at the top of the ship. Pools seem crammed in between the two buffet restaurants at the top of the ship with not much room around them. Would guess this area will act as an overspill mainly aswell from the main buffet restaurant that doesn't seem to have much room in it at all.

There doesn't seem to be much outdoor space on this ship does there?

Like Destiny there is the sun deck up top and some tiered decks at the stern. Then there is the promenade deck which hopefully Thomson will populate with chairs. As built there was passenger access to the foc'sle as well as all the equipment is one deck down. I don't know if this will be in use following the rogue wave accident. I would have thought it would be OK when in port and it is a large area.

Note that current photos of the ship sailing show the front lounge windows closed, probably to stop the photo triggering negative comments!

I see Majesty has dissappeared from the main Thomson page, probably to counter adverse publicity when people discover there is not much accurate information behind the button!

The info is still there, and not updated, on the ships tab or via a test booking.

I see Majesty has dissappeared from the main Thomson page, probably to counter adverse publicity when people discover there is not much accurate information behind the button!

The info is still there, and not updated, on the ships tab or via a test booking.

Seems to be back now. Must keep coming and going. Don't know why they haven't uploaded a proper deck plan with cabin categories yet though on the Majesty's main page. Makes you wonder how prepared they were and how quick this ship transfer happened.

Like Destiny there is the sun deck up top and some tiered decks at the stern. Then there is the promenade deck which hopefully Thomson will populate with chairs. As built there was passenger access to the foc'sle as well as all the equipment is one deck down. I don't know if this will be in use following the rogue wave accident. I would have thought it would be OK when in port and it is a large area.

Note that current photos of the ship sailing show the front lounge windows closed, probably to stop the photo triggering negative comments!

Just looking at the main ship photo and the way the Royal Fireworks lounge has its windows closed.

The outdoor part at the front of the ship on the same deck will be a good area. Don't know how you get too it though, as looking at the deck plans there doesn't seem to be any doors at all to get out onto it. Perhaps you go out of Deck 4????

Archived