Wow...that was wierd....

Got a call from RCI today, asking if I could switch my treasured aft cabin #1100 during our

Valentines day cruise on the Jewel to allow a B2B cruiser to keep their cabin. They have

1602 and want to kick us out of our cabin so they would not have to move. Geeez...

I would love to accomodate them, but this is the first time I could snag this cabin and it

is during Valentines day. For those that know this Radiance class cabin...ummm...this

would be hard to give up.

I said no. Can you say "Snooze you lose".... :eek: ;) If you want it...book it early.

Just thought that was wierd anyway. I asked the RCI rep if she had ever been on any

of the Radiance class ships, and did she know the difference between 1100 and 1602.

"No...never been on one". Yeah... :rolleyes:

If she didn't offer you anything for the trade, then I think it was a very weird request. Why would someone want to change the cabin they picked for nothing?

That is what I thought. I asked her "would you offer me a GS for the inconvenience"?

She said no. Then I told her that many of us would refuse a GS or even an OS to trade for that wonderful aft wrap JS. She was confused and obviously uninformed on the whole layout of the ship. Geeezzz....

I wouldn't have given it up either! DH and I are in 1400 on The freedom (corner aft) which can accomodate 3 people. Im afraid we will get bumped since there are only 2 of us!

Stand pat...stand pat!! No one can kick you out if you don't want to!! :eek: :)

That's a crazy request with no substantial upgrade and perks. Keep what you booked and enjoy it!

Thanks! I am guessing that was a "newbie" CS rep that was (obviously) uninformed about

the whole thing. :rolleyes: I am just shocked that I even got that call at all. :(

If these people are loyal RCCL passangers, i'm wondering if RCCL corporate would boot ya all together from your cruise so the "regulars" are satisfied...Stay strong, JUST SAY NO!

Yup...I am staking my flag in my cabin. :eek: ;) :D

Funny this topic just came up. I am booked on Rhapsody on May 11 to Alaska. I've had the aft corner JS booked for many many many months. Well, as many of us know, Rhapsody just entered dry dock for the upgrades and refurbishments. It will be in dry dock all month long. Well, they are actually adding a few cabins on deck 8, and this has caused a complete "renumbering" of cabins on deck 8. So, my treasured aft corner JS (8088) is now renumbered as cabin 8096. 8096 NEVER existed on the old Rhapsody, so 8096 could have never been sold before they released the new deck plans. 8088 is now a side JS with a connecting cabin. Needless to say, I was quite upset, called RCCL, and was told I was NOT able to get 8096, the "new" aft corner JS...it was already sold. I naturally explained that actually I had that cabin booked all along. Just because the cabin number changed, I should not be moved from my location. Well, it took a couple of days, but RCCL called me back today and was able to get me into the opposite corner JS, 8596. So, apparently they called those occupants and offered them something to move, or explained that they really should not have been given that cabin from the start. In any case, I'm happy to have an aft corner JS again, and I hope the occupants that moved were offered something.....it wasn't really their fault, it was RCCL's for not reaccommodating those of us who were booked from the start....

Funny this topic just came up. I am booked on Rhapsody on May 11 to Alaska. I've had the aft corner JS booked for many many many months. Well, as many of us know, Rhapsody just entered dry dock for the upgrades and refurbishments. It will be in dry dock all month long. Well, they are actually adding a few cabins on deck 8, and this has caused a complete "renumbering" of cabins on deck 8. So, my treasured aft corner JS (8088) is now renumbered as cabin 8096. 8096 NEVER existed on the old Rhapsody, so 8096 could have never been sold before they released the new deck plans. 8088 is now a side JS with a connecting cabin. Needless to say, I was quite upset, called RCCL, and was told I was NOT able to get 8096, the "new" aft corner JS...it was already sold. I naturally explained that actually I had that cabin booked all along. Just because the cabin number changed, I should not be moved from my location. Well, it took a couple of days, but RCCL called me back today and was able to get me into the opposite corner JS, 8596. So, apparently they called those occupants and offered them something to move, or explained that they really should not have been given that cabin from the start. In any case, I'm happy to have an aft corner JS again, and I hope the occupants that moved were offered something.....it wasn't really their fault, it was RCCL's for not reaccommodating those of us who were booked from the start....

Yup...also wierd. Though at least it must have been even worse confusion with the refurb

on the cabins.

I just can't figure why I would get a call to try to bump me out of a treasured cabin in favor of someone who obviously knew better. :rolleyes: Did not know that RCI would

actually bother with this. :(

it sounds like someone made a mistake and now rccl is trying to fix it. Usually if u book a b2b u have the same cabin.

When did u book this cabin????

1/19/2012

And no...you only get the same cabin on a b2b if it is available. It is not really a big deal to switch cabins. Your cabin steward will help you move

your clothes, and it is only a few feet away. They just wanted our better cabin. Can't blame them for trying...but sheeez.... :rolleyes:

Got a call from RCI today, asking if I could switch my treasured aft cabin #1100 during our

Valentines day cruise on the Jewel to to allow a B2B cruiser to keep their cabin. They have

1602 and want to kick us out of our cabin so they would not have to move. Geeez...

I would love to accomodate them, but this is the first time I could snag this cabin and it

is during Valentines day. For those that know this Radiance class cabin...ummm...this

would be hard to give up.

I said no. Can you say "Snooze you lose".... :eek: ;) If you want it...book it early.

Just thought that was wierd anyway. I asked the RCI rep if she had ever been on any

of the Radiance class ships, and did she know the difference between 1100 and 1602.

"No...never been on one". Yeah...

Yup...also wierd. Though at least it must have been even worse confusion with the refurb

on the cabins.

I just can't figure why I would get a call to try to bump me out of a treasured cabin in favor of someone who obviously knew better. :rolleyes: Did not know that RCI would

actually bother with this.

1/19/2012

And no...you only get the same cabin on a b2b if it is available. It is not really a big deal to switch cabins. Your cabin steward will help you move

your clothes, and it is only a few feet away. They just wanted our better cabin. Can't blame them for trying...but sheeez.... :rolleyes:

Wow is right! I'm only going to address the comments that I highlighted in red, because those are the ones that offend me the most.

We are the ones who are trying to kick :rolleyes: you out of that cabin. We booked that cruise, along with the following week, back on May 18, 2011. I just discovered over the weekend that somehow we've ended up in 1602 for week 1. I contacted my TA today, I have the confirmation showing that we have a deposit paid on that cabin for BOTH weeks, and I've asked him to try to get it settled. I'm not sure how this happened, but like you, I'd like to get it resolved. I understand that you're upset with this, as am I, but I'm not exactly thrilled with being booted out of a cabin that I put a deposit on almost 10 months ago. We've sailed enough that we know if we want a coveted cabin, we need to book it early, and we did. For you to assume that we don't know any better is just that, an assumption. I clearly didn't follow the thought of "you snooze you lose". As far as I knew, I held that cabin. I'm not really interested in spending turn around day moving from one cabin to another, regardless of how far it is. Part of the fun of a B2B is NOT having to pack.

If you recall, I posted on our roll call a few weeks ago that we had booked that cruise a while back. I see you posted again today on the roll call that a "b2b pax" was trying to keep the cabin. That's true, I am. Surely you can understand my angst, as I do yours, but to go trash talk it without knowing ALL the facts is not very nice. :( You can bet that I'm just as upset about this as you are, if not more so.

Nancy

Wow is right! I'm only going to address the comments that I highlighted in red, because those are the ones that offend me the most.

We are the ones who are trying to kick :rolleyes: you out of that cabin. We booked that cruise, along with the following week, back on May 18, 2011. I just discovered over the weekend that somehow we've ended up in 1602 for week 1. I contacted my TA today, I have the confirmation showing that we have a deposit paid on that cabin for BOTH weeks, and I've asked him to try to get it settled. I'm not sure how this happened, but like you, I'd like to get it resolved. I understand that you're upset with this, as am I, but I'm not exactly thrilled with being booted out of a cabin that I put a deposit on almost 10 months ago. We've sailed enough that we know if we want a coveted cabin, we need to book it early, and we did. For you to assume that we don't know any better is just that, an assumption. I clearly didn't follow the thought of "you snooze you lose". As far as I knew, I held that cabin.

If you recall, I posted on our roll call a few weeks ago that we had booked that cruise a while back. I see you posted again today on the roll call that a "b2b pax" was trying to keep the cabin. That's true, I am. Surely you can understand my angst, as I do yours, but to go trash talk it without knowing ALL the facts is not very nice. :( You can bet that I'm just as upset about this as you are, if not more so.

Nancy

First of all, what a coincidence! Or maybe not, since all the "cruisers in the know" are over here.

Seems to me the only fair way to settle this would be to give the cabin to the cruiser who put the deposit on it first, and give some generous OBC and/or an upgrade to the party that has to change cabins.

This goes to show that "there's two sides to every story."

To both the OP and the PP, I hope the situation gets resolved in a manner that makes both of you satisfied and ready to enjoy your cruise!

I don't know if I'd call what she wrote trash talk or even offensive. She had no idea someone had booked the cabin before her. She was simply amazed that someone would ask her to switch from a cabin she had booked (under the impression it was open and available when she did). I think most of us are protective of the cabins we want once we get them.

That said, Royal had better compensate one or both of you for their mistake - I'm sorry for both of you because I know how important cabin selection can be!

WOW! I hope this gets resolved and everyone gets to enjoy their cruise!!!

I was asked to move cabins last year. Nothing was special about my to cabin I was in or the cabin I was going to to except that some family members wanted to be closer to each other. I was offered a $50 obc. It wasn't much but I also wasn't in a covetted room either and it was more than I started with

First of all, what a coincidence! Or maybe not, since all the "cruisers in the know" are over here.

Seems to me the only fair way to settle this would be to give the cabin to the cruiser who put the deposit on it first, and give some generous OBC and/or an upgrade to the party that has to change cabins.

This goes to show that "there's two sides to every story."

To both the OP and the PP, I hope the situation gets resolved in a manner that makes both of you satisfied and ready to enjoy your cruise!

I agree the person who booked the cabin first (Mike&Nancy) should get the cabin but I think both parties should get some OBC. The heartburn Mike&Nancy have had over this is certainly worth some compensation.........

Archived