Wow...that was wierd....

I think the worst part of this is that although neither cruiser did anything wrong, when this is over, one of them is going to be somewhat unhappy. Yes, island lady said she'd take an upgrade to a GS or OS but it's not really what she wants. Nancy doesn't want the inconvenience of changing cabins on her B2B & wants the cabin she originally booked, and who can blame her?

No matter what, this cruise is NOT going to be what one of them originally planned & anticipated. I don't think there's an OBC, or upgrade, that can make up for the disappointment!

Well, island lady doesn't have to do anything. The B2Ber has to figure out who made the mistake, which shouldn't be too difficult, and then put the pressure on them.

Thanks! Right now I feel as though I am in limbo. My light hearted joy at being so

excited about finally getting that cabin has been dampened quite a bit.

I would still take that upgrade, as I offered, though my heart is not in it...I still would

do it just to help resolve the issue. But RCI has already told me "no."

Don't beat yourself up,Pat........You did nothing wrong and you certainly didnt trash talk anyone...

Wonder if Nancy has confirmations showing her in 1100 all along.....if so,RCCL messed up......if not,maybe her TA did.......

Good luck and I hope it works out for you in a way that will make you happy!:D

Island Lady, you should not feel bad about this situation at all. You saw the cabin you wanted and you booked it end of story. Nancy either your TA screwed up or rccl did. So if it is the TA fault they need to pay for an upgrade for island lady so you can have HER cabin. If it is rccl fault, then Nancy you need to light a fire under your TA butt to have rccl fix this.

Island lady sit back and relax, I know you feel bad for Nancy but that cabin is yours. Her side needs to fix this not you.

Don't beat yourself up,Pat........You did nothing wrong and you certainly didnt trash talk anyone...

Wonder if Nancy has confirmations showing her in 1100 all along.....if so,RCCL messed up......if not,maybe her TA did.......

Good luck and I hope it works out for you in a way that will make you happy!:D

Thanks Kathy!! :D

I will still enjoy the cruise...no matter what happens! Better to be on the ship...than on the dock! ;)

Island Lady, you should not feel bad about this situation at all. You saw the cabin you wanted and you booked it end of story. Nancy either your TA screwed up or rccl did. So if it is the TA fault they need to pay for an upgrade for island lady so you can have HER cabin. If it is rccl fault, then Nancy you need to light a fire under your TA butt to have rccl fix this.

Island lady sit back and relax, I know you feel bad for Nancy but that cabin is yours. Her side needs to fix this not you.

Thanks! I still feel bad for Nancy and hope things can work out for her.

Thanks! Right now I feel as though I am in limbo. My light hearted joy at being so

excited about finally getting that cabin has been dampened quite a bit.

I would still take that upgrade, as I offered, though my heart is not in it...I still would

do it just to help resolve the issue. But RCI has already told me "no."

I can understand your feelings, RC just stole some of your joy by calling you and starting this ball rolling.I don't know who made the original error but I think Both parties should be compensated!

Good luck!

Reader

It is not the TA's fault if Nancy received Confirmation Invoices from RCI back in May of 2011 indicating on "both" invoices that they had put a deposit down on 1100 and were assigned this cabin for both cruises.

It appears that Nancy and her husband are not new to consecutive cruising and I am wondering if their bookings were linked through the b2b desk?

What an unfortunate and bizarre turn of events for both CC Members. :(

Does no one think that it is strange that the RCI rep told the OP the cabin number of the party that wanted their cabin? This would make me very uncomfortable if I was booked in 1602.

Agreed, that seems to be giving out info to another guest that shouldn't be disclosed. Wonder if that violates some sort of RCI privacy policy...

I think this is a great example for us all to learn from, print everything and keep those documents. Look everything over when it is all booked to make sure that all items that were arranged are actually in writing, then you have something to go on should a situation like this arise. I feel badly for both parties involved and someone at RCI or the TA needs to make it right. If everyone has their paperwork and it is dated, then the culprit should be easy to uncover, and the responsible party should make it right!

Hugs to you both and I hope that neither of you are bitter towards the other because you are both innocent in all this.

All I can say is..........OH SNAP.........

I may just book this cruise to meet these two couples and buy them a bottle of bubbly. Hopefully that is not more than rccl does....

I thought/heard that the cruise lines monitor the boards.......I guess not too closely, if I was rccl the matter would have already been resolved and everything in cc land would be harmonious.

If rccl is watching....I am offering my services to rccl as an empowered resolutions officer. There would be no more real issues that slip past with dissatisfied passengers. Since I'm currently not working, this is a serious offer.

I think this is a great example for us all to learn from, print everything and keep those documents. Look everything over when it is all booked to make sure that all items that were arranged are actually in writing, then you have something to go on should a situation like this arise. I feel badly for both parties involved and someone at RCI or the TA needs to make it right. If everyone has their paperwork and it is dated, then the culprit should be easy to uncover, and the responsible party should make it right!

Hugs to you both and I hope that neither of you are bitter towards the other because you are both innocent in all this.

Thanks, and hugs back at 'cha! ;)

I would never be bitter and still hope it can be resolved for Nancy with either RCI, her

TA, or both. And yes, I always print my confirmation as soon as I book. I still have

that and it still shows as confirmed on "my cruises" page with RCI.

I think cabin 1602 was the cabin RCCL wanted them to move to.

True enough. Actually, it IS the cabin the b2b people are in, so what they are doing is trying to get them to swap cabins. So they didn't intentionally give away what the other cabin is...

In any event, it seems RCI made a mess out of this for both parties (along with the original party's TA) and RCI needs to fix this somehow by compensating both parties in some way and trying to resolve things. Just to ask the second party to move to a less desirable cabin is certainly totally unfair and not the right way to handle this.

I also don't think anything wrong was said by the OP in her first post on this thread, she was just working off what RCI told her and had no way of knowing the other party booked the cabin first.

Absolutley, both are innocent parties. Vacation planning should be fun not stressful and making people feel bad:confused: Somone needs to make this right and I think it is RC!

Thanks, and hugs back at 'cha! ;)

I would never be bitter and still hope it can be resolved for Nancy with either RCI, her

TA, or both. And yes, I always print my confirmation as soon as I book. I still have

that and it still shows as confirmed on "my cruises" page with RCI.

If I were you I would keep a watch on that "my cruises "page;)

This is even stressing me out! LOL and I have no part in it! :eek: I am not even going to be on the same cruise! :o

Its almost as nailbiting as the thread where the TA booked the OP a 2:45 arrival flight into Tampa for a 3 pm "all on board" cruise!

That worked out great and hopefully this will too :)

I wouldn't mind them asking, though I would think it a bit -- shall we say ballsy? -- of them. However, I would expect them to take no for an answer, and without a fuss.

And in your situation, I would absolutely have said NO. I would consider an upgrade, but not a lateral move.

If the ta had messed up then RCI would not have been calling the ta would have had to call her clients and explain what happened. RCI does not cover for ta mix ups. RCI's back to back desk works different than the other cruise lines and I don't like dealing with them.

What I may not have mentioned....the RCI rep never told me the other party had also

booked that cabin for that week. Never fessed up that someone (don't know who) had double booked that cabin.

She only told me she had a B2B pax that had cabin 1602 for the first leg (while I had 1100), and then had 1100 booked for the second one.

She told me the pax in 1602 would like to have us switch cabins with them so they would not have to move.

I was understandably upset at first that they would offer us the less desirable cabin, instead

of 1602 simply staying in that cabin for both legs to avoid moving.

Little did I know what Nancy was going through. RCI rep never explained that to me.

I was also told that the "conversation would be recorded". So if that was indeed the case...there it is on tape. ;)

Island Lady, I don't suppose this will work for you since the point of your cruise is a "Valentine's Surprise", but since crazier things have been known to happen, I thought I would mention that I have 1100 for the 2/2/13 Jewel cruise and I am going to have to cancel it because we booked the Liberty in January and we can't do both. Let me know if this is anyhting you'd be interested in.

Not trying to upset anyone but my first thought would be are the invoices for the B2B showing 1100 from the travel agent or are they the PDF Booking Confirmation form you get from RCI? If they are the Booking Confirmation from RCI then I would say they are entitled to the cabin. If it is from the TA on a TA form then there is an issue with the TA.

Can the B2B folks get a copy of the Booking Confirmation from RCI? Check the confirmation copy # in the top right corner to see if any changes have been made? Just my thoughts.

It appears island lady can prove ownership just wondering if the B2B folks can?

Either way this is one big mess.

Island Lady, I don't suppose this will work for you since the point of your cruise is a "Valentine's Surprise", but since crazier things have been known to happen, I thought I would mention that I have 1100 for the 2/2/13 Jewel cruise and I am going to have to cancel it because we booked the Liberty in January and we can't do both. Let me know if this is anyhting you'd be interested in.

Aww..thanks! That is sweet to offer...but sadly no, I cannot take that offer. We are

cruising in "the land yacht" during that time. Thanks anyway for the "heads up"!!

That should help others who will be looking for that cabin. :)

Archived