Wow...that was wierd....

I am one of those who saw this thread posted on the Celebrity boards. I get it all, get people wanting a certain cabin etc., but was really shocked to hear after 6 pages that all this drama was over a FIVE night cruise?? Seriously?? I was assuming it was a 14 night Med or Panama Canal cruise--but 5 nights? Am I the only one who thinks this?

FWIW at least as far as I read it seems like a fair resolution, and hopefully both parties can meet onboard and buy each other a drink--good luck to all and enjoy your travels!

I know this was Island Lady's thread, but I have to say that Nancy handled herself much better than I would have. Nancy, I am glad you got the cabin you originally booked.

Island Lady, I am glad you got the GS. This should never have happened. Just think, if RCCL had not screwed up you would not have had the 1100 cabin NOR would you have the GS at the lower price!

I am one of those who saw this thread posted on the Celebrity boards. I get it all, get people wanting a certain cabin etc., but was really shocked to hear after 6 pages that all this drama was over a FIVE night cruise?? Seriously?? I was assuming it was a 14 night Med or Panama Canal cruise--but 5 nights? Am I the only one who thinks this?

It doesnt matter if it was even a 3 nighter.....some people have a preference for cabins and they book them.....and that is understandable!

FWIW at least as far as I read it seems like a fair resolution, and hopefully both parties can meet onboard and buy each other a drink--good luck to all and enjoy your travels!

I actually think it's WORSE because it's a 5 night cruise. I wouldn't mind moving so much if it were between 2 long cruises. But to have to move between a 5 and 4 night, or 5 and 5 night ---- what a pain.

Gina

I have been reading this post since it originated, and felt sorry for both parties affected. I have bit my tongue not to respond to some of these posters. All I have to say is Island Lady.........you are one extremely nice person, whom I look forward to meeting on a future cruise!!!! Best of cruise happiness to you and your husband!!!:D

Ok...I am done with this. I did what I thought was right, though I was told I did not have to.

What part of my giving up this cabin do you not understand? It is a done deal. I am the one that offered and gave that up.

Why are you so interesting in faulting me? She was caught in the middle

as I was. You were the one that said 1602 was such a superior cabin. Really? This is finished.

I am sorry you are so bitter, but I did not cause your problems or the one I was thrown into due to no fault of my own.

And neither was Nancy.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm with you Island Lady, I'm done with this. Can we please stop the petty remarks? The issue is resolved, good or bad all will have a good cruise...can we move on?

Just a little FYI~~ cabin 1100 can also hold 3 and even 4.........sooo,you never know what can still happen.:eek: Nancy better just keep watching her online checkin!

All the JS cabins on Jewel sleep 3/4, as do the GS and OS, so where would they move her - to a lower category? That would be a new low....

You might be...;)

1nz8mr.jpg

5aketx.jpg

Although judging by these, I might like 1602 better, a little more shade options for when you want it.

Each to his own I guess but Id much rather have a GS than this coveted JS. Just my opinion

You certainly did.......you could be the type who could drag this on and on and demand 1100..........You took the high road and made peace......for that,I am proud of you,Pat! But then,anyone who knows you,knows that is the kind of person you are..:)

Yes, Island Lady didn't drag it out and cause a big fuss, its been settled. She was gracious. While I understand Nancy's point of view that she booked the cabin first, it could have been a long drawn out argument and it wasn't. Did I miss it or did Nancy say thanks to Island Lady for at least getting this settled so quickly?

Each to his own I guess but Id much rather have a GS than this coveted JS. Just my opinion

Me, too, by far. All grand suites have large balconies and TWO bathroom sinks. The amenities that come with them are a nice touch, too.

Gina

Did I miss it or did Nancy say thanks to Island Lady for at least getting this settled so quickly?
No.......I checked back through, no thank you at all.:confused:

Why should Nancy say Thank You for getting back a cabin that was hers since May of 2011?

Can I please get a recap from pages 5-12? I was reading and trying to keep up, but curiosity got the best of me and I skipped 7 pages and went straight to the end!

What a horrible situation to happen....for both parties!! Someone.....please fill me in!

Why should Nancy say Thank You for getting back a cabin that was hers since May of 2011?

Because its a nice thing to do when someone is gracious - however this would have ended anyway - its nice it ended quickly and I was always taught to say please and thank you. just saying....:)

Well, it would have been nice.
Because its a nice thing to do when someone is gracious - however this would have ended anyway - its nice it ended quickly and I was always taught to say please and thank you. just saying....:)

OK, maybe as a gesture of good will.;)

She lost something she had, and the person who got it gave it back instead of keeping it. Thats the way I look at it anyway. In this world, far too many people keep what they find without any concern for the person who lost it. Thank you Island Lady!

Well, it would have been nice.

The main reason for a simple thank you from Nancy was, even though she originally booked the cabin, and it should be hers from that, it wasn't. It was told by Royal Caribbean reps to Island Lady that she did not have to give up HER cabin, but she graciously did. They would not let her have a GS yesterday when she tried to give 1100 back. I agree with being thankful, because Nancy could have been moving in between the cruises, if Island Lady had not done what she did.

I'm with you Island Lady, I'm done with this. Can we please stop the petty remarks? The issue is resolved, good or bad all will have a good cruise...can we move on?

What petty remarks? People have stated their opinions in a mostly civil manner. And moving on isn't in Cruise Critic's nature...;)

Shanafan, RCI somehow booted Nancy from 1100 and gave her 1602. Island Lady booked, then Nancy discovered the mistake. RCI called I.L., didn't tell her what really happened, just that Nancy was doing a B2B and wanted 1100 for both legs (boo, RCI). I.L. said no, thinking she'd booked first, said she'd do it for a GS, RCI said no (boo, RCI). Nancy came on and cleared that up. I.L. got another call, said not unless I get a GS and RCI said ok, so I.L. gave up 1100 (yay, I.L.)

Now we're all squabbling over nothing.:p

She lost something she had, and the person who got it gave it back instead of keeping it. Thats the way I look at it anyway. In this world, far too many people keep what they find without any concern for the person who lost it. Thank you Island Lady!

I respectfully disagree. Nancy didn't lose a thing. RCI lost it for her. RCI reps might not admit it, but when you have proof in print that you paid a deposit on the same cabin for 2 consecutive cruises and then suddenly one of those cabins has been put back into inventory and resold...........it certainly wasn't Nancy who resold her cabin.

I respectfully disagree. Nancy didn't lose a thing. RCI lost it for her. RCI reps might not admit it, but when you have proof in print that you paid a deposit on the same cabin for 2 consecutive cruises and then suddenly one of those cabins has been put back into inventory and resold...........it certainly wasn't Nancy who resold her cabin.

We'll agree to disagree. I would have said thank you and you and Nancy wouldn't. Great that it's all settled!

The main reason for a simple thank you from Nancy was, even though she originally booked the cabin, and it should be hers from that, it wasn't. It was told by Royal Caribbean reps to Island Lady that she did not have to give up HER cabin, but she graciously did. They would not let her have a GS yesterday when she tried to give 1100 back. I agree with being thankful, because Nancy could have been moving in between the cruises, if Island Lady had not done what she did.

Really? You don't think it would be unacceptable for RCCL to honour the second booking instead of the first one? There is absolutely no reason why Nancy should have to be grateful or even consider having to move. RCCL screwed up, and they owed it to her to make it right. I would be of the school that saying thank you would just be polite, not a real expression of gratitude. After all, it's not like Nancy got anything out of this except stress- all she is getting is the status quo.

And yes, it blows my mind that a RCCL said said that the second booking would be taking primacy. That doesn't make any sense unless they were going to offer Nancy a free upgrade to a GS for both weeks.

Well on March 6, 2012 it was Island Lady's cabin, that's why she has a GS for her trouble.

But it wasn't her cabin in May of 2011.

RCI reps will tell you anything they want you to hear and it's called CYA. I wonder why RCI didn't settle this yesterday? Maybe Nancy's TA got involved.

Let's face it, somebody at RCI made a big mistake. It's been settled and I do hope that both Pat and Nancy meet and have a wonderful cruise.

Archived