Freedom Of The Seas review 2/26 - 3/04

We just returned Sunday from our first cruise ever on the beautiful Freedom Of The Seas. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the 28th.

We stayed at the Country Inn And Suites near the port. We had the cruise package and whirlpool suite that ran 219.00 total including parking for the week. Very nice room and hotel within view of the port. They offer free shuttle to the port but couldn't take us till 12.30 so we called a taxi to take us ( $10.00 for the 2 of us ) We just could not wait. The driver dropped us off near the bus loading and unloading and we were on the ship in less than 20 min. So very easy.

We had been waiting for this for over a year We have read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures and it still did not prepare us for stepping on board this magnificent ship. We were like kids in a candy store. Jaw dropped and eyes bugged out:eek: It was an amazing time.

Rooms were open by 1 pm and our luggage was in our room by 4.30 pm. Our room attendant was Jeffrey from Costa Rica. He was very nice man and was there anytime we needed anything. We had room 6280 balcony on the starboard side. I was worried it would be like a closet but was pleasantly surprised. The things I loved about the room was the balcony, the bed ( it was soooooo comfortable ) and the shower. Yes the shower. Adjustable height for shower head. Great water pressure and larger than expected.

More later and will try to figure out how to post pictures being we took over 1500:eek:

Jeff

We just returned Sunday from our first cruise ever on the beautiful Freedom Of The Seas. My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the 28th.

We stayed at the Country Inn And Suites near the port. We had the cruise package and whirlpool suite that ran 219.00 total including parking for the week. Very nice room and hotel within view of the port. They offer free shuttle to the port but couldn't take us till 12.30 so we called a taxi to take us ( $10.00 for the 2 of us ) We just could not wait. The driver dropped us off near the bus loading and unloading and we were on the ship in less than 20 min. So very easy.

We had been waiting for this for over a year We have read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures and it still did not prepare us for stepping on board this magnificent ship. We were like kids in a candy store. Jaw dropped and eyes bugged out:eek: It was an amazing time.

Rooms were open by 1 pm and our luggage was in our room by 4.30 pm. Our room attendant was Jeffrey from Costa Rica. He was very nice man and was there anytime we needed anything. We had room 6280 balcony on the starboard side. I was worried it would be like a closet but was pleasantly surprised. The things I loved about the room was the balcony, the bed ( it was soooooo comfortable ) and the shower. Yes the shower. Adjustable height for shower head. Great water pressure and larger than expected.

More later and will try to figure out how to post pictures being we took over 1500:eek:

Jeff

Hey that is great!!! Brings back memories of our first cruise (Mariner of the Seas was in Port Canaveral then) I had about an 8 hour high that never let up. We would of done the same thing with the taxi, like to be there when the door open.

Now you know what comes next?

Start planning the next cruise.

Yes, can't wait for the rest of your review. Dh and I just celebrated our 25th in Sonoma last May, but we live in Fl and cruise often, so we had to pick some thing different for us.....(although I would have taken a cruise:D:D)!

Love the cabin decorations and Freedom is our favorite ship!

One thing I did leave out before I talk about the ship ( which will have to be after work tonight ) is our pre cruise dinner on Saturday. We thought about eating at the pier to watch the sail a ways but ended up driving around coco beach and came across a place called Florida Seafood Bar & Grill. Cindy and I have both worked in restaurant at a younger age, and know what its like, and most restaurant the help look like they are just there to draw a check. Folks, that's not what you get there! Other than the food being plentiful a tasting great, the staff is what impressed us most. It was like they all were owners. From the bus boys on up. It was that noticeable . We just felt we needed to give them credit for this since you dont see it often. Great job

Cindy will post some pictures shortly ( being she doesn't have to be back at work till tomorrow :rolleyes: )of the food and I will continue our review tonight. Everyone have a great day!:D

Jeff

Jeff

Congratulations on your 25th! We chose the Freedom for our 25th as well, this June, and are really looking forward to it! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. We've been planning for months it seems.

Congratulations on your 25th! We chose the Freedom for our 25th as well, this June, and are really looking forward to it! I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. We've been planning for months it seems.

Congratulations on your 25th! We booked our cruise a year out and man was it a long year!

This is sweet, we are staying at Country Inn, and have an E2 cabin, nice to see stuff as we will be there in a little over a week! Thanks for posting!

You will love the Country Inn, very nice and close to the port, and you will have a blast on the Freedom! Excited for you!

we are celerating our 20th on Freedom in April. We are in an E2 Aft Balcony. Love the decorations and flowers in the room. Was all that part of a package? Can not wait 25 days. Looking forward to more of your review

we are celerating our 20th on Freedom in April. We are in an E2 Aft Balcony. Love the decorations and flowers in the room. Was all that part of a package? Can not wait 25 days. Looking forward to more of your review

Congratulations on the 20th Anniversary! And yes it is part of Royal's Grand Romance Package

Grand Romance Package $200.00 USD

Item# 1065

This package includes a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a fresh bouquet of flowers in your stateroom; two of our signature 100% Turkish cotton terry robes; a tray of elegant canapés delivered before dinner and decadent petit fours after dinner on two formal evenings; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

The canapés weren't our thing but we loved the rest. Very nice, and our flowers lasted until the last day of the cruise looking just as good as the first day! Don't know how they kept them that fresh but they did!

The picture below was taken the morning we left from the boat!

P1010944.jpg

The decorations were separate. But we loved them as a keepsake.

From Royal Caribbean's website...

"Stateroom Decorations $31.00 USD

Item# 203 - Happy Birthday

Item# 204 - Bon Voyage

Item# 206 - Anniversary

Item# 208 - Just Married

Let us decorate your stateroom with all the frills! Each package is brimming with cascades, garlands, festive balls and door signs."

We had planned on doing a cruise for our 25th but life and kids graduating got in the way....so we are just short of our 29th and have finally made it! In spite of the parent plus loans we are going....10 days out now!

Archived