Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

I'll be on BR in 2 weeks, what kind of CD is Paul Lancaster?

Hi Karen, I hope you are well!

I sailed with Paul on BR in May for a B2B and I thought he was very good. He and Cuddy (AD) had a very good morning show but I found that sometimes they spoke a bit too fast for me (British/Scottish accents vs. Southern accent... not always a good mix!)

Paul was very approachable and did a fine job introducing the shows, etc. I think you will be pleased!

Liz

Hi Karen, I hope you are well!

I sailed with Paul on BR in May for a B2B and I thought he was very good. He and Cuddy (AD) had a very good morning show but I found that sometimes they spoke a bit too fast for me (British/Scottish accents vs. Southern accent... not always a good mix!)

Paul was very approachable and did a fine job introducing the shows, etc. I think you will be pleased!

Liz

I'm fine Liz, thank you for asking! Keep some heat in Tampa for me, I'm on Jewel in December with some newbies! Thank you for the heads up on Paul, I'll be really eager for my BR cruise now!

I'm fine Liz, thank you for asking! Keep some heat in Tampa for me, I'm on Jewel in December with some newbies! Thank you for the heads up on Paul, I'll be really eager for my BR cruise now!

No problem, but I guess I need to change my profile - I now live in Nashville.

If the Guest Services Manager is Julie Sherrington (British with blonde curly hair), please tell her "the real Liz Little" says hello and will hopefully be back on board in May! Julie is terrific and helped straighten out a few billing "issues" on my b2b. Then it turns out that there were two Liz Little's on board; my sister had to call me for an emergency and her call was transferred to the "other" Liz Little's cabin by mistake. Julie got things straightened out on that one, too. I think she might be Superwoman!

Enjoy!

Liz

Hi All

Well its that time again return to the Freedom after 8 short weeks but return with Mrs Seymour !!!:)

Wedding was great beautiful weather just us and two close friends

Inlaws came over from france on Sunday after spending 9 days there visiting Bex's older sister

They have never flown before and they have already travelled from

New Zealand - Paris

Channel Tunnel - London

Then tomorrow London - Orlando where they will cruise with us for the first time on the 30th then fly back to NZ hence flying around the world !!

We spent the day up at my folks farm with my brothers and there families ...laugh a minute that was too the point where my stepfather couldnt figure out why there was no wine coming out....it called a cork !! much laughter due to that and drinks leading up to that.

Took them to see a castle that blew them away all the history...seeing as New Zealand is only 11 years old......ok a bit longer but it like that compared to the UK

Spent yesterday in London went everywhere and then to the musical Wicked

great times

see some of you soon

Graham

Graham, Thank you so much for posting here and sharing your news with us! It sounds like you had a wonderful and busy break, and we all congratulate you on your marriage! All the lucky cruisers sailing on Freedom the next couple of months are in for a treat! You're the best, and I hope to cruise with you sometime soon!

DK

Hi All

Well its that time again return to the Freedom after 8 short weeks but return with Mrs Seymour !!!:)

Wedding was great beautiful weather just us and two close friends

Graham-

Congratulations to the two of you! Won't be on the Freedom any time soon:(, but look forward to seeing you aboard whatever ship you'll be on after that.

Happy sails!

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. (exact end date?)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started early September

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12 until November 17

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. (Leigh Xuereb returned as activity director Sept 16 needs confirmation - his scheduled break begins November 4 )

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rich Edwards September 14th until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (needs confirmation)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney started August 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Mariner OTS - Steve Davies (dates?)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 until Nov 3, then Jimmy Rhodes

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Serenade OTS - James Andrews (dates?)

Splendour OTS - Who is the current CD? *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Vision OTS - Keith Williams started Sept 14

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19, then Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

We are leaving from Boston on October 21. What can anyone tell us about our cruise director "Dennis Charles" ?

Just curious...

I love Dennis! He is a dynamic presence all over the ship, but not in an annoying or in-your-face way. He is a master at warming up the crowd before a show, and creating a "fun" atmosphere around the ship. He's friendly, approachable, personable, interactive....everything a great cruise director should be.

I love Dennis! He is a dynamic presence all over the ship, but not in an annoying or in-your-face way. He is a master at warming up the crowd before a show, and creating a "fun" atmosphere around the ship. He's friendly, approachable, personable, interactive....everything a great cruise director should be.

He sounds great. Thanks Donna.

Bobby and Becky Brown on Radiance. Two must be better than 1. Hope they are great as I am on a NYE cruise this year so they are going to need to really be into the party, party ,party stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby and Becky are wonderful. Unfortunately you won't find out. They are going home in mid December for 6 weeks at home over Christmas and New Years.

Bobby and Becky are wonderful. Unfortunately you won't find out. They are going home in mid December for 6 weeks at home over Christmas and New Years.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks starts Sept 2 until Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4. Jimmy Rhodes expects to join the ship as CD sometime in February.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. (Leigh Xuereb returned as activity director Sept 16 needs confirmation - his scheduled break begins November 4 )

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) started Sept 16 (needs confirmation)

Monarch OTS - Mitch Merucci Sept 17 through Nov 16. Marc Walker will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews 10/6 until 12/1 (Here's a Washington Post article on Ricky: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...gBW_story.html)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Splendour OTS - Who is the current CD? *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America (Dec 9th?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19, then Gordon Whatman 27th September until January 24th 2013

Donna,

I just got off Explorer. I can confirm that Leigh is the activities director (I LOVED him!!! ;)) He does go on break Nov 4th and will be back to fill in for Richard at the end of Nov. He said when Richard gets back, Leigh will most likely be moved to another ship :( I have to say, the 2 of them together are beyond crazy :D Yesterday they came to the pool deck in suits and ties and went into the hot tub fully clothed...shoes and all. Posed for pics, then got out and jumped into the main pool. They made the cruise :):D

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown started on Aug 31 until mid-December. (They are going home for 6 weeks over Christmas/New Years)

Drew devine had posted on Facebook in 4 week he Will be on the adventure of the seas to bring her san juan

Donna,

I just got off Explorer. I can confirm that Leigh is the activities director (I LOVED him!!! ;)) He does go on break Nov 4th and will be back to fill in for Richard at the end of Nov. He said when Richard gets back, Leigh will most likely be moved to another ship :( I have to say, the 2 of them together are beyond crazy :D Yesterday they came to the pool deck in suits and ties and went into the hot tub fully clothed...shoes and all. Posed for pics, then got out and jumped into the main pool. They made the cruise :):D

I absolutely LOVE Leigh too (I liked him even better than Richard)! I'm glad to read that he will be back in time to cover Richard's break! And, it sounds like Richard expects to come back to EX after his break!.

Leigh has experience as a CD, so it's understandable that he will likely get a full-time CD position, instead of continuing as an activities director and just filling in as CD from time to time. He's wonderful and so deserves it!

I agree that Richard and Leigh together were awesome! Anyone who thinks that a CD doesn't matter needs to sail with them, because it makes a huge difference in the entire onboard experience!

Archived