Shares in Carnival Cruise Lines:When can they be applied?

jocelysue

I've recently bought stock in Carnival Cruise Lines. However I purchased the shares AFTER booking a cruise with a TA. Can anyone tell me if I qualify for the discount or the OBC? I have the required number of shares.

Thanks.

Years ago we were on a cruise when we heard about the shipboard credit. We already had another cruise booked. When we got home we bought the stock -- sent notice of ownership to our TA and she able to get us the shipboard credit. She notifies Seattle when it is time to make final payment.

We just have our TA apply for the credit upon final payment. The first time we used the Carnival share option we had already booked the cruise before we bought the shares. There was no problem in having the credit applied.

Just send in your proof at least a week before departure. I submitted mine on a Sunday and got conformation on Wed. of the same week!

Why wait that long? Sounds like a recipe for missing the OBC. Like flying in the same day. On our last cruise it took two tries, with follow up phone calls to confirm receipt and granting of the OBC.

Apply early for the OBC, or have your TA do so asap. We learned the hard way after having been disappointed several times when we waiting until a week or two prior to departure. In those cases, we didn't learn until mid way through the cruise and no remuneration was ever given because we had no proof that we sent the necessary documentation before the cruise.

I use a copy of a brokerage statement with all of the unrelated (i.e. "none of your business") info blocked out. I scan it and email it. Then it goes into the folder with the other cruise paperwork I intend to have with me. I print out the confirming email, too. I check my account on board, and if the credit doesn't come up, I have something to show I did apply for it. So far, it has always appeared on the account and I've never had to show my backup papers. But it never hurts to be prepared.

Archived