HELP with which Aqua cabin...

Kathy130

Thinking of changing to Aqua class....which one of the following are best?? Have people stayed in these and dealt with any noise issues at all?? If I book three rooms for our family, which three would you choose???

9100, 9104, 9105 or 1100, 1102, or 1103???

Thinking of changing to Aqua class....which one of the following are best?? Have people stayed in these and dealt with any noise issues at all?? If I book three rooms for our family, which three would you choose???

9100, 9104, 9105 or 1100, 1102, or 1103???

Actually I would book 1120, 1122, and 1124 since they are all right next to each other and in the new section of the ship after refurb. I'm showing that all 3 are open, and they are on the Starboard side away from the smoking section on the Port side, one deck down. 1103 is on the other side of 1100/1102.

Looking at the deck plans, 9100 is right next to a CS and may have a partial view block.

You didn't say when you will be cursing But ask your TA if aft cabins are available. I know for a fact that they still not familiar with them because they are so new. I was lucky enough to get one for sept. And I do know that 2 are still available. Their balconies are huge.

You didn't say when you will be cursing But ask your TA if aft cabins are available. I know for a fact that they still not familiar with them because they are so new. I was lucky enough to get one for sept. And I do know that 2 are still available. Their balconies are huge.

Hopefullly they will like their cabin and there will be no need for cursing;)

I have 9127 on the Summit and have been wondering if I should switch to the newer deck 11 aqua cabins. If I do switch, I see aft, port and starboard cabins are available. Is one side preferable for a Bermuda cruise?

Thanks

I just called Celebrity, but the representative really wasn't very helpful in advice.

She said the cabins on deck 9 have all been re-done so they should look just like the Aqua cabins on the Solstice class ships (i.e. glass shower doors, foot stools on balcony, etc). However, I thought I read somewhere that only the Aqua cabins on deck 11 have the new bathrooms and the deck 9 Aqua rooms still had a shower curtain.

She said 9127 is in a quiet location but if I wanted to go to deck 11, cabin 1130 (aft) and cabins 1139 up through 1113 are available. When I asked her about smoking, she said that the smoking locations differ for each sailing and sometimes the designated areas are on the port side and other times they are on the starboard side.

With all this being said, am I better just sticking with my original cabin (9127) or are the cabins on deck 11 better?

Thanks

This is basically the same question I posted yesterday.

See this thread for some helpful advice.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590761

I still can't decide whether to take my chances on 9038 or book another AQ cabin on deck 9 or pay extra for a deck 11 AQ. What a dilemma!

Are all the aft balconies larger or just the ones right in the middle?

Are all the aft balconies larger or just the ones right in the middle?

Librarylady,

I'm trying to make the same decision re AQ cabins on Infinity right now. From the diagram/pics I've seen, it looks like the AFT balcony for 1140 is the largest, the 2 immediately adjacent on each side are not as large as 1140, but still larger than other AQs and the two on each end are smaller. But even the 2 AFT balconies on each end look larger than the AQ balconies on each side of the ship on the 11th deck. Maybe someone could confirm?

BTW, I did want to take the opportunity to thank you for all your work on the S-class sticky. Have used it many times and it's really helpful.

It makes these decisions so much easier! :)

Oops, my response was for the 27 May cruise to Bermuda.

I have 9127 on the Summit and have been wondering if I should switch to the newer deck 11 aqua cabins. If I do switch, I see aft, port and starboard cabins are available. Is one side preferable for a Bermuda cruise?

Thanks

I would stay with 9127. It's in a great location on the ship.

This is basically the same question I posted yesterday.

See this thread for some helpful advice.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590761

I still can't decide whether to take my chances on 9038 or book another AQ cabin on deck 9 or pay extra for a deck 11 AQ. What a dilemma!

We were in 9043, the same stateroom as 9038 but on the Port side, a couple of years ago to Bermuda and it has a large balcony. The Solarium is above, and only heard a cart or two rolling across the deck in the late afternoon -- most likely towels. It's a great location to pop up to the T-pool in the afternoon. I wouldn't switch unless you want to be back aft near the buffet and aft elevators. Up forward is convenient to Michael's Club and the morning/afternoon happy hours. :)

We were in 9043, the same stateroom as 9038 but on the Port side, a couple of years ago to Bermuda and it has a large balcony. The Solarium is above, and only heard a cart or two rolling across the deck in the late afternoon -- most likely towels. It's a great location to pop up to the T-pool in the afternoon. I wouldn't switch unless you want to be back aft near the buffet and aft elevators. Up forward is convenient to Michael's Club and the morning/afternoon happy hours. :)

Thanks Wine-O. Since I spend little time in the cabin anyways (and DH can sleep through anything) maybe we will just stay put for now...perhaps X will correct the problem with the noise by September.

Archived