Seabourne Air Ticketing Shambles

kpercy

My wife and I are booked on Legend in a couple of weeks. We have received our cruise documents but not our air tickets. (we booked air with Seabourne)

The air documents were not in the pack nor was the BA airline ticket locator.

I contacted Seabourne UK (air dept) who said they dont send out paper tickets in the pack and that I would find the eticket in `My Seabourne`. (No reference to this in the pack.)

Wrong! My Seabourne states " air not yet ticketed"

I contacted Seabourne who said paper tickets should be in the pack.

I explained that they were not. She put me through to the dept who issues air tickets again.

To cut a long story short. I have been on the telephone 2hours. I have spoken to Reservations twice and the Air Dept three times. Still no tickets and both departments appear clueless. I asked to speak to a supervisors but none were available.

I finally insisted they emailed my Flight Locator Number. Reluctantly the representative did this.

I managed to print off my tickets on the BA website.

So it appears neither Seabourne Reservations nor the Air Dept can tell me how I should receive my air tickets. For clarification can someone advice me of what normally should happen.

My wife and I cruise regularly with Cunard and Silversea. This is our first trip on Seabourne but goodness me if this confusion is anything to go by it will be our last. Perhaps I should have booked air seperately

I'm sorry about your air ticket mixup. We haven't used Seabourn air (it's always been higher than what we could do on our own) and I understand from reading the posts on this board that Seabourn UK operates differently than in the US (though it is perhaps equally frustrating in the US). I can say that only from personal experience, I believe my travel agent would have handled all of this....but then again, it may be different in the UK.

However, I see that you are on the same cruise as we are! We have a small and somewhat sluggish roll call for this cruise. Please join us, the Wandering Wino's and the DaveAs (also from the UK) for sailaway at the SkyBar as we leave Istanbul! We're planning on a great trip!

I'm sorry about your air ticket mixup. We haven't used Seabourn air (it's always been higher than what we could do on our own) and I understand from reading the posts on this board that Seabourn UK operates differently than in the US (though it is perhaps equally frustrating in the US). I can say that only from personal experience, I believe my travel agent would have handled all of this....but then again, it may be different in the UK.

However, I see that you are on the same cruise as we are! We have a small and somewhat sluggish roll call for this cruise. Please join us, the Wandering Wino's and the DaveAs (also from the UK) for sailaway at the SkyBar as we leave Istanbul! We're planning on a great trip!

KPercy

Hopefully your problems with SB air is behind you and your journey into to Istanbul will be to your liking. As hoosier (Margaret) mentioned we will be in the Skybar for Sailaway and as always the wine is on us:D

My wife and I are booked on Legend in a couple of weeks. We have received our cruise documents but not our air tickets. (we booked air with Seabourne)

The air documents were not in the pack nor was the BA airline ticket locator.

I contacted Seabourne UK (air dept) who said they dont send out paper tickets in the pack and that I would find the eticket in `My Seabourne`. (No reference to this in the pack.)

Wrong! My Seabourne states " air not yet ticketed"

I contacted Seabourne who said paper tickets should be in the pack.

I explained that they were not. She put me through to the dept who issues air tickets again.

To cut a long story short. I have been on the telephone 2hours. I have spoken to Reservations twice and the Air Dept three times. Still no tickets and both departments appear clueless. I asked to speak to a supervisors but none were available.

I finally insisted they emailed my Flight Locator Number. Reluctantly the representative did this.

I managed to print off my tickets on the BA website.

So it appears neither Seabourne Reservations nor the Air Dept can tell me how I should receive my air tickets. For clarification can someone advice me of what normally should happen.

My wife and I cruise regularly with Cunard and Silversea. This is our first trip on Seabourne but goodness me if this confusion is anything to go by it will be our last. Perhaps I should have booked air seperately

Just looked back at some of your posts seems you had a similar air problem with SS, nothing else to keep me busy. Would have thought that might have been something to have kept in mind. As the old adage say "Fool me once" I have noticed other posters say it is best not to book with the cruise lines as there is no benefit

Anyway hope it all gets fixed and you have a great cruise, and not too many kids at this time of year.

Just looked back at some of your posts seems you had a similar air problem with SS, nothing else to keep me busy. Would have thought that might have been something to have kept in mind. As the old adage say "Fool me once" I have noticed other posters say it is best not to book with the cruise lines as there is no benefit

Anyway hope it all gets fixed and you have a great cruise, and not too many kids at this time of year.

Hello Yorkiebargirl

Only booked `air` with Silversea once and it was fine. Although some had problems. My TA had problems with Silversea admin once.

However nothing like my recent experience with Seabourne. We are looking forward to the cruise immensely and of course meeting up with frequent Seabourners!

So Yorkiebargirl, how should I receive my air tickets from Seabourne

Hi

I booked direct with Seabourne UK based in Southampton (lesson learned). Looking forward to meeting up. We have a couple of days in Istanbul prior.

I never book air or hotels through Seabourn. Far too expensive.

Yes I know it is usually. But this worked out cheaper than on the BA web site and included transfers. So good deal overall. Once you get over the admin that is.

We are going on Legend from Dubai on Friday. The flight was much cheaper than if we booked it independently. We have All the info and tickets. There is no Tours brochure though??? Is there anyone out there on this cruise? We are "seasoned" cruisers but this will be the first time on Seabourn So far I haven't been able to make contact with anyone on this cruise on any site!!! and we are feeling like newbies. J

We are going on Legend from Dubai on Friday. The flight was much cheaper than if we booked it independently. We have All the info and tickets. There is no Tours brochure though??? Is there anyone out there on this cruise? We are "seasoned" cruisers but this will be the first time on Seabourn So far I haven't been able to make contact with anyone on this cruise on any site!!! and we are feeling like newbies. J

Jay23,

There is a roll call for the Legend Dubai to Istanbul you might want to check it out. We are boarding in Istanbul and taking the cruise to Athens. If you are staying aboard in Istanbul meet us for Sailaway at the Skybar.

Shirley

WW. Thank you for that tip, but I do not know how to access the Roll call!! I am new to CC as well as new to Seabourn. J

Here is your roll call for that trip. I was going to put "... you'll find it in the roll call section", but realised that sounded snarky, which was NOT my intention :)

Have a great trip.

Why has your TA not been dealing with this? If you didn't use one here's the perfect reason to reassess that strategy.

No I did not use a TA. I booked direct with Seabourne UK. ( my preferred method)

Even if I used a TA it would mean they would have to deal with this. Whats the difference? Other than I dont have the hassle.

Seabourne should get it right no matter who they deal with. Thats my point.

The laughable thing about all this is that they still cant tell me how I receive air tickets.

Anyway moving on and looking forward to my first Seabourn cruise.

WW. Thanks. Found it!! J

Have fun, it's great to have an opportunity to meet fellow cc'ers before boarding. Last year on our Caribbean cruise aboard the Legend we had a pretty good group of us at the Sail away. As it turns out this year we are joining hoosier74 (Margaret & Bob) that we met on last years cruise and was part of the sail away celebration. We have a roll call for this cruise but sadly not too much participation. Let us know if you will be staying onboard after Istanbul.

Shirley

kpercy - not only would a TA have dealt with the hassle, but you would have spent lots less pennies on your cruise, and avoided the interminable waits etc. on phone calls to Seabourn. Travel Agents always give you a percentage discount - some more than others, and some are more experienced with Seabourn.

However, I do feel that this is an unusual glitch. So far on quite a few SB cruises, some with air and transfers booked by them, we have never had a problem with tickets etc. Do hope it is sorted, and of course that you have a lovely cruise.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding but it's rare these days for any airline to issue paper tickets,so I'm assuming you have e-tickets. ALthough I did note that Seabourn have told you to expect paper tickets.

You said you printed your 'tickets' off the BA website. Do you have two document numbers beginning 125- and then a total of 11 digits after that? If so, that's your e-ticket number. 125 is BA's IATA designator for ticketing purposes.

If you are unable to see two numbers beginning 125 (assuming two of you are travelling) if you have the BA record locator/PNR - 6 digits- then you should be able to call BA and they will be able to see if e-tickets (or even paper tickets) have been issued.

All of this is assuming that your flights are on BA operated services and not codeshare etc.

Isklaar. Our "tickets" are one A4 sheet with flight numbers printed on it. You are right, airlines do not issue tickets any more. However all the correct info is on the web site relating to our flight including seat numbers. J

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding but it's rare these days for any airline to issue paper tickets,so I'm assuming you have e-tickets. ALthough I did note that Seabourn have told you to expect paper tickets.

You said you printed your 'tickets' off the BA website. Do you have two document numbers beginning 125- and then a total of 11 digits after that? If so, that's your e-ticket number. 125 is BA's IATA designator for ticketing purposes.

If you are unable to see two numbers beginning 125 (assuming two of you are travelling) if you have the BA record locator/PNR - 6 digits- then you should be able to call BA and they will be able to see if e-tickets (or even paper tickets) have been issued.

All of this is assuming that your flights are on BA operated services and not codeshare etc.

Yes as I mentioned earlier, I received the flight locator from Seabourne so it was easy to go into `Manage my Booking` and retrieve details.

kpercy - not only would a TA have dealt with the hassle, but you would have spent lots less pennies on your cruise, and avoided the interminable waits etc. on phone calls to Seabourn. Travel Agents always give you a percentage discount - some more than others, and some are more experienced with Seabourn.

However, I do feel that this is an unusual glitch. So far on quite a few SB cruises, some with air and transfers booked by them, we have never had a problem with tickets etc. Do hope it is sorted, and of course that you have a lovely cruise.

Hi Lincslady. Your obviously very close to me. I live in Brigg.

No I tend not to use TA`s anymore. Personal preference, but I find very few take Amex anymore. The ones that do tend to offset the discount against Amex charges. Paying by Amex( Plat) for instance on Silversea gets me a free bottle on DP champs! and tons of airmiles.

However thats not to say never!!

Incidently, we picked this cruise up from a Seabourne promotion which was exceptionally good value.In fact the best I have ever seen.

Jay23' date='

There is a roll call for the Legend Dubai to Istanbul you might want to check it out. We are boarding in Istanbul and taking the cruise to Athens. If you are staying aboard in Istanbul meet us for Sailaway at the Skybar.

Shirley

[/size']

Shirley, can't wait to hear about your trip..we are looking forward to a Capetown, Dubai, India...type trip in about a year!!

Shirley, can't wait to hear about your trip..we are looking forward to a Capetown, Dubai, India...type trip in about a year!!

Nancy, Margaret(Hoosier74) and I would love to hang out with you on one of the wonderful Seabourn ships in the future. My Guy will be retiring sometime in the next year or two so that may make it possible to do longer cruises.

Shirley

kpercy - we live in the same county, but fairly far apart (well it is a big county!) As we have never had Amex, I can't make any comments about the perks you get, but you will be able to weigh up the benefits of using Amex against Agent's discounts on the Seabourn prices, as well as the fact that a good Agent (and you do need a good one) will make sure you get all the info. you need and save you dealing with SB Southampton. We have found that the Seabourn flights and transfers are usually not more than we would pay for BA on our own, with transfers also to consider, and of course they do look after you if the plane is late etc. We are probably just lazy!

Since a bottle of champers - obviously not Dom Perignon - is in your suite on arrival, as well as being completely ad lib on the cruise, a bottle from Amex would not be a special advantage apart from the quality of it, but I guess air miles would be quite a considerable one to you.

The best Agents give from 10% to 12% off the Seabourn price current at the time of the booking. So if you like SB, it might be worth considering next time.

kpercy -

The best Agents give from 10% to 12% off the Seabourn price current at the time of the booking. So if you like SB, it might be worth considering next time.

This is our experience also. One of the "best" Agents does not charge for using Amex when booking a Seabourn cruise ( but they do for Cunard). And there can be Avios miles on top!

Archived