Caribbean Princess delayed!

2theship

Yes, we can re-iterate a HUGE THANKS to Cruise Critic boards and posts as we learned thru them this AM of the cancellation a fill 4 hours before Princess emailed us. This time allowed us to re-book on RCCL Adventure of the Seas out of SJ leaving the same day, so we don't have to change our plans, just our ship!!

That is wonderful and I'm so glad you found space on the Adventure! You will love her and I'm sure you will have a great cruise :D

Hope all is well with Caribbean before we sail in April :(

Yes, we can re-iterate a HUGE THANKS to Cruise Critic boards and posts as we learned thru them this AM of the cancellation a fill 4 hours before Princess emailed us. This time allowed us to re-book on RCCL Adventure of the Seas out of SJ leaving the same day, so we don't have to change our plans, just our ship!!

My THANK YOU also, especially those that posted from the ship. We weren't able to get on the Adventure of the Seas, but did get on Saturday's sailing on Serenade of the Seas from San Juan. :)

On another note (not stating my opinion, just the facts, you can make up your own mind) ....... I called Princess once we found out about the cancellation. I asked that since we were on the cancelled cruise this Sunday, could we be booked on either the Crown or Grand this weekend out of FLL.

They would since there was availability, but (big buts) - I couldn't do it myself since I used a TA, they would not match the fare I paid on CB for the same class cabin, had to pay the current rate ($300pp more), and they would not apply either my refund due or future cruise credit. I had to pay, out of pocket, and would get my refund once they processed it.

We've enjoyed past sailings on RCL and Celebrity, but had been partial to Princess. Not sure how we'll feel about that on future sailings.

Thank you again to all, and hopefully to those other effected, you have the same luck we did and are still able to enjoy your vacations.

We sailed Adventure out of San Juan. It is a great ship and you should have a wonderful cruise! Happy sailing after a not too good start.

This was my cruise. :( My first one.

Kind of at a loss now. Glad to be refunded eventually, but it's a hassle. Plus, I took off work, booked flights and hotels. Not sure what to do now.

Very bummed out.......

Can you book another ship out of San Juan that meets your flight schedule?

I just checked a large online TA for San Juan sailings on 3/18. There are inside cabins available on Adventure and the Carnival sailing on the 18th has several types of staterooms open. Hope this helps!

We were in many ports with Summit when on our February sailing on CB. They had great port locations everywhere. We were docked in more remote areas.

It is a nice ship and you will have a good time for sure.

We were on the 18th sailing and switched to RCCL Navigator of the Seas 9 day sailing departing tomorrow. We were really looking forward to the cruise but now we are going for 9 nights instead of 7. Even with the change fees on the airfare we saved $$ on the switch. Plus we'll have a nice credit for the next cruise on Princess :)

We were booked for the Caribbean Princess for the 25th. We were flying down to SJU the day before. We ended up getting the refund and a credit so we were able to book the Celebrity Summit.

We have never done any other cruise but Princess. Always get a minisuite. Now we have Concierge Class balcony. I hope we like it.

We were booked for the Caribbean Princess for the 25th. We were flying down to SJU the day before. We ended up getting the refund and a credit so we were able to book the Celebrity Summit.

We have never done any other cruise but Princess. Always get a minisuite. Now we have Concierge Class balcony. I hope we like it.

Hope you will post a comparison review when you return.

We are 3 couples and no one can seem to decide on the best thing to do. I'm going to look into the Summit. We have never sailed on Celebrity. Are they on par with Princess? So disappointed! Oh well, you know what they say, everything happens for a reason!

Hope everyone has fun, regardless of what you choose to do!

You will like it! They have excellent specialty restaurants; good spa services and good ports. Service on X is very good! Enjoy!

We are 3 couples and no one can seem to decide on the best thing to do. I'm going to look into the Summit. We have never sailed on Celebrity. Are they on par with Princess? So disappointed! Oh well, you know what they say, everything happens for a reason!

Hope everyone has fun, regardless of what you choose to do!

Yes, they are on par with Princess. Food is good; service excellent; great spa and I cannot think of one reason that you would not enjoy Celebrity. It is upscale from RCC for sure. I would book with them again! We sailed on CB with a similar itinerary to Summit last month.

We found a 1 bedroom apartment on the beach near El Yunque. We plan on renting a car and doing a bunch of day trips to see what Puerto Rico has to offer.

Are you in Luquillo, by any chance? I have spent time there in a high-rise condo owned by a friend's family. The beach there is wonderful!

Be sure to take a day to drive to the museum in Ponce -- it's terrific and well worth the trip around the island.

This doesn't surprise me..... I was on the ship for a back2back cruise from Feb. 19 to March 4th. We had problems getting back to San Juan on Feb. 26th and were late. Obviously I was staying on the ship so it wasn't a problem for me but for those leaving, it was. And we were in an aft located mini suite. Every night at sailing, we heard grinding..... I'm assuming it had to do with that. Not sure what else it would be.....

Now, I hope since they are doing repairs in San Juan, that they do the repairs on the Balcony cabins C502 & C436... My friends were in those cabins next door to each other and they had a leak on their balcony from above. And it was rust, leaking all the time and made the balcony unuseable. I hope they fix that. My friends did get compensation so if anyone else gets in there and it's still not fixed, it's been that way for awhile. Ridiculous.

My niece and her husband were scheduled for the 3/25 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. Needless to say they are terribly disappointed the cruise will not occur. These kids are hardworking professionals with a family. The logistics of a week away with babysitters, (grandparents took time off work) time away from work etc is a major ochestration.

Here's the issue, Princess is willing to rebook them on the 4/8, exact cruise and ship, however, since the only availability is Caribe midship and they were Caribe somewhere toward the back, they were quoted a price 400$ over what they originally paid even with the 25% comp. Furthermore, they will not be eligible to receive the 25$pp referral OBC.

They are furious and I don't blame them.

Wouldn't you think Princess would be happy to book them at the price they originally paid minus the 25%? And "say what" no OBC referral dollars since you are already getting a discount.

Help me understand this:confused:

By the way, this was a first and last expereince with Princess for these two.

I think Princess should definitely do better. However, once someone states "This is the last time I'll ever do business with you," the company loses its incentive to do the right thing. True, they shouldn't need incentive to do the right thing, but...

I think Princess should definitely do better. However, once someone states "This is the last time I'll ever do business with you," the company loses its incentive to do the right thing. True, they shouldn't need incentive to do the right thing, but...

She didn't state she was "done" to customer service since she was still contemplating the 4/8 cruise.

I just think they could have done better than tell her they could accomodate them for 400$ more, and have the nerve to tell them it was a good value.

We had the same issue with a cruise a number of years ago. This was not Princess, but the cruise line would not give in at all. We lost our vacation, our cruise, and a lot of heartache. We got almost all of our money back, but NO compensation (not even a penny) from the cruise line because we didn't by the travel insurance directly from them. I wrote a letter and got a personalized response, but it was of little help since we had really planned a once in a lifetime cruise that could never be given back to us. Worse things could happen, but I have never cruised on that line again partially because of the problems. Just reliving those four or five days of misery is almost bringing tears to my eyes. In our case, the cruise was reduced to four nights (from seven) and was to depart from a port nearly a day's drive from the original port. In the end, we could not cruise because of these changes.

If Princess cancelled thank they should give them a complete refund of all money paid, any other compensation would be goodwill. Not returning the full fare would be like theft of service - you paid up from but they fail to deliver the goods. Hope they can work it out

They should do much better. No way should they have to pay more than what they paid for this one that was cancelled, high season or not. As you said, many other things had to be coordinated so even if offered the same price, they will lose money. Sad. I hope princess does much better. Goodwill goes a long way.

Archived