Caribbean Princess delayed!

2theship

Well, lol Jersey Bird, but as I'm due to board CB Sunday, I hate your opinion, and I hope that it is wrong. :) No offense (ha ha)

Hi Rob, its Pierre, Joanne's hubby, she is on panic mode now, please calm her down, lol

We were on the Caribbean Jan 29 - Feb 12 and were delayed departing St. Lucia for Grenada by several hours due to propulsion problems. We were scheduled to depart about 6:00pm and didn't depart until close to midnight. Thankfully, Grenada isn't too far distance-wise and we arrived in port on time the next morning.

I'd think it's about time they fix the propulsion problems on this vessel.

Webcam is showing ship has left St Maarten and bound for San Juan!!! Wonder if that means they are missing Grenada, Bonaire & Aruba - what a shame for the passengers.

We were on this cruise last week and went to Curacao rather than Aruba. But whether they are missing Curacao or Arbuba along with all the other ports, it is a shame....

The CB is heading back to San Juan to offload its passengers. It looks like the passengers will be reimbursed and the ship sent to drydock to repair a propeller issue. This is coming from a staff member on the CB. One of the folks from our Roll Call has been in contact with her husband who works on the CB and she has indicated that it is turning around for San Juan to repair the issue in dry dock. I wish the best for all the passengers right now.

Assuming this holds. this means very likely at least a 3-4 week downtime I would think (maybe less if they drydock in San Juan).

The CB is heading back to San Juan to offload its passengers. It looks like the passengers will be reimbursed and the ship sent to drydock to repair a propeller issue. This is coming from a staff member on the CB. One of the folks from our Roll Call has been in contact with her husband who works on the CB and she has indicated that it is turning around for San Juan to repair the issue in dry dock. I wish the best for all the passengers right now.

Archived