NCL Ringtone??

MikeandAmy

I'm having a terrible time with this. The ringtone is in my computer..I just can't seem to get it from the computer to my IPhone. :(

Pat

Pat, below are the instructions for downloading the ringtone for the iPhone. Are these the exact steps you have taken? If so, at which point are you not able to get the installation to complete?

iPhone Installation:

Launch iTunes.

Double-click (.m4r) CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental.m4r file.

The file will automatically load into your iTunes Ringtones library.

Connect iPhone to sync computer.

Under device settings, select Ringtones tab.

Check Sync Ringtones box and all or selected ringtones.

If choosing Selected Ringtones, select CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental and sync.

Following iPhone sync, CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental will appear in Settings / Sound options on iPhone.

EDIT: I just noticed your list of past cruises, as well as your countdown clock, and burst out laughing! It just goes to show that this ringtone is so incredible that even people who have never sailed NCL, and have only one NCL cruise booked still love the sound of it! :D:D:D

Pat, below are the instructions for downloading the ringtone for the iPhone. Are these the exact steps you have taken? If so, at which point are you not able to get the installation to complete?

iPhone Installation:

Launch iTunes.

Double-click (.m4r) CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental.m4r file.

The file will automatically load into your iTunes Ringtones library.

Connect iPhone to sync computer.

Under device settings, select Ringtones tab.

Check Sync Ringtones box and all or selected ringtones.

If choosing Selected Ringtones, select CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental and sync.

Following iPhone sync, CruiseLikeaNorwegianRTInstrumental will appear in Settings / Sound options on iPhone.

I couldn't get it to automatically load into iTunes. So I downloaded to my "Downloads" folder. Then I opened that folder and "dragged" it onto the open iTunes window. That got it to show up in my iTunes Library under "Tones". From there I synced and it showed up.

WOW, I had no clue they had a ringtone. I just downloaded both of them.

However, I can't figure out how to get it on to my phone. (I just got this phone a few days ago and I'm still learning how to work it). But can't even figure out how to make a folder :confused: in the media to put the ring tone in???? Do you do this on the phone or while hooked up to the computer and make a folder on the computer under the phone and then drag the ringtone in? :eek: Ugh, technology!

I've had my phone for about a year and a half and still dont know how to create a folder on the phone. Couldn't even find media.

I downloaded the file to my computer, hooked up my phone to the computer and transferred it onto my phone.

It put it in with my other songs with the media player.

i clicked on the NCL mp3 and hit "make call ringtone" and it worked . I was skeptical but I got it to work. lol

good Luck

Bill

I couldn't get it to automatically load into iTunes. So I downloaded to my "Downloads" folder. Then I opened that folder and "dragged" it onto the open iTunes window. That got it to show up in my iTunes Library under "Tones". From there I synced and it showed up.

Thats how I had to do it also. ;)

I have an android phone and did as the instructions said on NCL. Went to the "Media" folder and created a "ringtone" folder. Dragged the songs into it. Then it says to unplug the phone and you will find the ringtone there. Nope, it doesn't show up no matter what I try. :(

I also have an android, and was able to download the song directly, without having to connect to my pc at all. It went to my music files, and the I assigned it as a ringtone.

I had to use Internet Explorer and it worked just like the instructions said, very simple. It wouldn't work when I was using Firefox.

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I have seen the NCL commercial twice already today, is that a sign to book another lol... ;)

It HAS to be. I just returned a few hours ago from our Pearl cruise yesterday and opened up an email from my TA to see a video on NCL's Breakaway...that HAS to be a sign as well. LOL

I've had my phone for about a year and a half and still dont know how to create a folder on the phone. Couldn't even find media.

I downloaded the file to my computer, hooked up my phone to the computer and transferred it onto my phone.

It put it in with my other songs with the media player.

i clicked on the NCL mp3 and hit "make call ringtone" and it worked . I was skeptical but I got it to work. lol

good Luck

Bill

Thanks. I will have to give it a try and see what happens.

• 11 months later...

Archived