I am more than a bit concerned...

Celandine

I was thinking about this same thing the other night when i was reading that stupid Klassy Kruise blog.

Some people think it's ok to amuse themselves by humiliating others, but really all it does is show what kind of person they themselves are.

Pathetic.

need to consider the source. geez the "Klassy Kruisers" had a member who was cut off from alcohol. I can't imagine what you have to do to get cut off... I noticed they didn't post any pics of her while inebriated. They can dish it out, but not take it.

Ignore the site bullies.... any inappropriate pictures are quickly taken down I've noticed.:cool:

need to consider the source. geez the "Klassy Kruisers" had a member who was cut off from alcohol. I can't imagine what you have to do to get cut off... I noticed they didn't post any pics of her while inebriated. They can dish it out, but not take it.

Ignore the site bullies.... any inappropriate pictures are quickly taken down I've noticed.:cool:

Sorry to hijack, but I wasn't online when that thread was finally closed. I'm wondering if the little brat was also banned from this site for his rape, etc. comments.

Are you saying that you are seeing these pictures on Cruise Critic? I am on this board alot and I do not recall seeing pictures of people.

I'm with you on this. I'm on here everyday and haven't seen one picture like that. But must look now to see if they have a picture of the fat guy. ME

Sorry to hijack, but I wasn't online when that thread was finally closed. I'm wondering if the little brat was also banned from this site for his rape, etc. comments.

I don't know but I don't think so, he posted on his wifes thread re: the 4 day Ecstasy cruise AFTER the other thread was closed..

He was wrong for a few over the top comments, for sure.

But, there was another poster on that thread whose shenanigans were pretty over the top too! Was a lively day on the boards yesterday:eek::) lol

ETA- Aside from the review that was brought here yesterday by a CC member (it was not originally posted on these boards) I can't say I have ever seen any mean photos either. I don't read every review though...

The last time I cruised was eight years ago. I was on this board all the time. Once my cruise was over, I didn't come back until now.

Maybe I'm just old and forgetful, (I’m only 44) but I don't remember people being so hateful and rude eight years ago. It drives me crazy to see someone ask a question and they don't get an answer. They get rude and hateful comments.

If I find my picture on here after my cruise and they are making fun of me, I will be pissed. I am not a sue happy person but these people better be careful. It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Like many others, I go through phases of reading CC and not. Once I have a cruise booked, I read the site almost daily.

I have noticed in the last few weeks/months (at least compared to before) a lot of people posting pictures of strangers to make fun of them/poke fun/etc. etc.

I am now starting to second guess my cruise because I am worried I am going to be paranoid that someone is going to take a picture of me to then post and make fun of me on a website...

why do people do this? Yes I get that we all judge people, and something said in the moment to a friend is completely different than taking a photo and then posting that photo in your review.

I've never been worried before in my other cruises, but now after seeing several reviews and threads with people posting pictures of strangers I'm not as excited as I should be for my cruise.

personally, i find them funny.

everyone should look through these and see if they can find themselves:

http://www.ianhughesphotos.com/loveboat_gallery.html

This is true.

And I'd be lying if the recent thread formerly related to 'klassy' had nothing to do with this post.

those pix weren't even posted on this site. and certainly, the owner of those pix didn't even link them to this site. someone else did.

Unfortunately it's NOT illegal for someone to take your picture while you're out and about.. if you're on private property that's a different story.

IMHO though, taking a picture of someone for the sole purpose of making fun of them, is morally reprehensible... but you can't take legal action.

I understand your concern, but you can't let a few a-holes ruin your cruise. This can happen even if you are walking in a mall. Some people have nothing better to do.....:rolleyes:

If I find a photo of myself online, i'll upload a photo of my a55 for you to kiss. :eek:

The way I look at websites like www.peopleofwalmart.com is that they are sort of like a good reminder to me to make sure I take a look at myself in the mirror before I go out to the store.

Yes, the site may be mean, but seriously, so some of those people NOT look in a mirror at all?

The skeptic in me makes me think that many of the pics on the WalMart site are staged by people who deliberately do it to get their pics on the site.

Never seen any photos like that on here and hopefully most people have more class than to do that :rolleyes:

I have never done anything like that or ever would. On the other hand, if I was fat, I just wouldn't parade around in a bathing suit in public That's just me. Glad I am more on the skinny side though.

those pix weren't even posted on this site. and certainly, the owner of those pix didn't even link them to this site. someone else did.

I know, and I know that review was never meant for this site, it was meant for their followers with their specific sense of humour (yes I lurked in that thread a lot yesterday before it was closed)

I have, however, seen similar (though less rude) comments in a few CC reviews. Which is what prompted me to post this.

I'd also like to add a few disclaimers.... (why not, eh?)

- I realise it's not illegal to take someone's picture, I just hoped it was more one of those 'unwritten' moral/polite rules we would (should) all follow.

- I realise this could happen anywhere, however it's slightly amplified on vacation when the majority of people do have their cameras out and about...don't know about you, but I'm not likely to bring my camera grocery shopping.

- I kind of just wanted to see people in one thread discuss this topic, to see how the 'general' public feels about this... I have confirmed most people don't like it... I am not crazy.

- This concern would not stop me from cruising, (or any other vacation) and I know I will still enjoy myself, it was just something that popped into my head last night and I couldn't find a 'discussion' on it, so I thought I would start one.

that's about it.

I have never done anything like that or ever would. On the other hand, if I was fat, I just wouldn't parade around in a bathing suit in public That's just me. Glad I am more on the skinny side though.

I'm just curious here, if you were fat you would stop swimming?

if not, what would you wear to the Lido deck pool? a pop-up tent to hide yourself in?

Why should anyone feel like they shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit by a pool?

I know, and I know that review was never meant for this site, it was meant for their followers with their specific sense of humour (yes I lurked in that thread a lot yesterday before it was closed)

I have, however, seen similar (though less rude) comments in a few CC reviews. Which is what prompted me to post this.

I'd also like to add a few disclaimers.... (why not, eh?)

- I realise it's not illegal to take someone's picture, I just hoped it was more one of those 'unwritten' moral/polite rules we would (should) all follow.

- I realise this could happen anywhere, however it's slightly amplified on vacation when the majority of people do have their cameras out and about...don't know about you, but I'm not likely to bring my camera grocery shopping.

- I kind of just wanted to see people in one thread discuss this topic, to see how the 'general' public feels about this... I have confirmed most people don't like it... I am not crazy.

- This concern would not stop me from cruising, (or any other vacation) and I know I will still enjoy myself, it was just something that popped into my head last night and I couldn't find a 'discussion' on it, so I thought I would start one.

that's about it.

well, i gotta say, i can't think that i've yet to see pix posted by someone in their review of someone else, and poking fun.

but i wasn't looking, and have decreasing grey matter. :eek:

well, i gotta say, i can't think that i've yet to see pix posted by someone in their review of someone else, and poking fun.

but i wasn't looking, and have decreasing grey matter. :eek:

it's definitely NOT common...

it's usally fairly tame, but it's still posting the pic of a stranger to make a point of it....

I just happened across a couple in the last few weeks.

I should add I've also been reading reviews like crazy.... I'm in the pre-cruise desperation state. Some of the reviews I saw could be a year or two old... I wasn't exactly bookmarking or planning on reporting them.

I'm just curious here, if you were fat you would stop swimming?

if not, what would you wear to the Lido deck pool? a pop-up tent to hide yourself in?

Why should anyone feel like they shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit by a pool?

I know this question was asked of someone else, but having lost 110 lbs and been that 'fat' person before, I just wanted to chime in.

No, I wouldn't have stopped swimming, but at the same time, even when I was at my heaviest, I knew to wear a bathing suit that was as flattering as possible to my ample figure. I don't care how much self confidence someone has as a plus size woman, there are a rare precious few women who could pull off a string bikini.

I understand your concern, but you can't let a few a-holes ruin your cruise. This can happen even if you are walking in a mall. Some people have nothing better to do.....:rolleyes:

If I find a photo of myself online, i'll upload a photo of my a55 for you to kiss. :eek:

hahahaha

I know this question was asked of someone else, but having lost 110 lbs and been that 'fat' person before, I just wanted to chime in.

No, I wouldn't have stopped swimming, but at the same time, even when I was at my heaviest, I knew to wear a bathing suit that was as flattering as possible to my ample figure. I don't care how much self confidence someone has as a plus size woman, there are a rare precious few women who could pull off a string bikini.

This I agree with.

I am plus size, and currently working hard to get down...

I wear appropriate swim wear.... but I don't feel that I should be ridiculed for even daring to wear swimwear... I should be hiding somewhere apparently.

And frankly ANYONE in a string bikini is asking to be looked at.

I was thinking about this same thing the other night when i was reading that stupid Klassy Kruise blog.

Some people think it's ok to amuse themselves by humiliating others, but really all it does is show what kind of person they themselves are.

Pathetic.

Everyone can say oh don't worry, it won't happen to you, or i don't care what others think, etc. but i'm sure if it was your picture in one of those blogs or reviews, you would feel embarrassed and hurt. I know i would.

Would i let the fear of that happening affect my cruise though, where i go, what i wear? Hell no.

You can't let the losers of the world get to you.

BBM

I totally agree. It really shows how classless those people are.

Are you saying that you are seeing these pictures on Cruise Critic? I am on this board alot and I do not recall seeing pictures of people.

I have seen what OP is talking about. The Klassy Cruise group does this. But they don't usually post on CC. I think someone else pulled a review from the Klassy group and posted it online here on CC and people, including myself, got really upset at the rudeness of making fun of people and posting their picture. It really stinks! It certainly wouldn't ruin my anticipation of my cruise nor would I worry about it on my cruise either. In this day and age we have no control over who takes pictures of us. There are so many iphones around, you just never know. But I don't sweat the small stuff.:D

Everyone seems to think those Wal-Mart people pictures are funny. I used to, but I no longer do. It's just pure rudeness and infringes on people's privacy. Yes, we all make private comments about people and are sometimes judgmental, but most people don't post pictures of others on public forms and make fun of them. That's just a new way of being a bully! The Klassy people think it's funny, but it is not!

Don't let the rude freaks get away with ruining your anticipation of your cruise or your cruise itself. This isn't something that happens all that often. To the OP, cheer up my friend you're going on a cruise!:D

Happy Sailing!

Archived