Fastination or fantasy.... That is the ???

tandtmk04

Hello!

Hoping to get some much needed info. for a friend of mine. She is looking at going on a cruise next month with 3 children, ages 7,8 and 9. Which would be the better ship for her..... Fastination out of Jacksonville or Fantasy out of Tampa? She has to make up her mind today, so your help will be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Ships are basically identical, except for the fact that the Fascination out of Jacksonville now has standard balcony cabins (the Fantasy does not, only on suites), so if you're considering a balcony, definitely go with the Fascination.

Besides that, I would base my decision on:

• Distance to port (Which one is closest? Factor in cost of gas and time to port).
  • Price (Jacksonville tends to be a bit cheaper).
  • Port of embarkation (Charleston offers much more for a pre-post cruise stay).
  • Itinerary (are you looking at identical itineraries? Not all islands in the Bahamas are the same. Half Moon Cay is great, Nassau is OK, Freeport is a dump)

Hello!

Hoping to get some much needed info. for a friend of mine. She is looking at going on a cruise next month with 3 children, ages 7,8 and 9. Which would be the better ship for her..... Fastination out of Jacksonville or Fantasy out of Tampa? She has to make up her mind today, so your help will be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Isn't the Fantasy out of Charleston?

Hello!

Thanks!

Fantasy is out of Charleston, SC

Have been on the Fascination and the Fantasy. I can honestly say I loved the Fascination and did not care for the Fantasy. The crew on the Fascination was awesome! Lots of things to do. The Fantasy...the crew acted like everything was a burden. Not as many things or should I say activities planned. Loved Jen (DS)on the Fascination...did not care for Risa(CD) on the Fantasy.

My pick is definitely Fascination.

Yes Fantasy is outta Charleston, will be on it May 9th... and if you read some recent post/reviews you will see it get's great marks for the crew. I have had friends cruise within the last 3 months and although the stops are a bit weary (been to both Nassau and GB many times) the comments about the ship and crew were all great.

Fantasy!

But I am partial since I live in Charleston and we can catcha ride and get dropped off at the port.

We sailed on the Fantasy 2 times before and had a great time. Risa was CD but I was too busy having a good time to really pay attention if they were any problems.

Oh and we sail on the Fantasy again in May.. Cant' Wait!

Even through its the oldest ship in Carnivals fleet (1990) it is well maintained, and crew is very friendly. We have been on it 8 times since Sept. 2010 and going again next week. My wife likes to play blackjack and I like to listen to the Filipino cover bands hince my screen name. Since we have been cruising on the Fantasy the three bands have been Music Highlight now on Freedom, Music Boardwalk now on Miracle, and last but not least Music Degree. We have been on Fastination several years ago and it was alright but its alot easier for us to drive to Charleston SC instead of Jacksonville FL.:D

Archived