Norwegian Getaway home port?

Iceberg 3

most likely the breakway will be relocated to florida or elsewhere

Intersting....I'll be on the lookout to hear more about this.

RCCL has had the Explorer here so long I wish they would have moved it out or added already. It would have never caused me to look for another option, which I did for Breakaway and SOOO happy since it looks amazing!

Can't wait!

The Getaway is set to come out in April 2014?? Breakaway has sailings out of NY through April 2014. Maybe they will then move the Breakaway to FL and the Getaway will be out of NY??

I'm booked on the Breakaway in 2013 and would book the Getaway in 14 if it sailed out of NY :D

I saw somewhere it will be NYC to Bermuda route...

Where NCL has not even mentioned anything yet. We can all guess. My bet the Getaway stays in Europe in the summer the first year freeing the Epic to stay in Miami for a summer again. After that who knows.

Why would they switch ships? isnt the breakaway and getaway gonna be the exact same design?

I think this whole sequence stems from a post that was probably confusing the Breakaway and the Getaway, when poster "MikeandAmy" said "I saw somewhere it will be NYC to Bermuda route..."

I think this whole sequence stems from a post that was probably confusing the Breakaway and the Getaway, when poster "MikeandAmy" said "I saw somewhere it will be NYC to Bermuda route..."

I was just making comment I thought I saw somewhere... :mad:

I was just making comment I thought I saw somewhere... :mad:

I understand that...but it's almost certain you've confused the two ships because they have similar names. I've seem absolutely nothing posted about the Getaway, if for no other reason than NCL has done nothing more than announce its plans to have the ship built and delivered to them sometime in 2014.

I understand that...but it's almost certain you've confused the two ships because they have similar names. I've seem absolutely nothing posted about the Getaway, if for no other reason than NCL has done nothing more than announce its plans to have the ship built and delivered to them sometime in 2014.

No I did not get the 2 confused I know the Breakaway will be sailing out NY to Bermuda when launched. I read many, many travel magazines, and like I said I thought I read the Getaway would be out of NY. You know NCL is always moving ships around which is good.... But I maybe I am wrong who knows lol....:eek: We will know soon, which I cant wait... Cheers! No hard feelings :)

I specifically asked my PCC if there was any information about the Getaway and, of course, he told me there was no information available as NCL is understandably focused on selling the Breakaway.

Interestingly, he then said that he was hoping that the Getaway would be sailing the Caribbean. So, that would be Miami, right? That would then make one wonder if they would keep both the EPIC (Eastern Caribbean) and Getaway (Western Caribbean?) in Miami and maybe shift around a smaller ship, like the Pearl?:confused:

I specifically asked my PCC if there was any information about the Getaway and, of course, he told me there was no information available as NCL is understandably focused on selling the Breakaway.

Interestingly, he then said that he was hoping that the Getaway would be sailing the Caribbean. So, that would be Miami, right? That would then make one wonder if they would keep both the EPIC (Eastern Caribbean) and Getaway (Western Caribbean?) in Miami and maybe shift around a smaller ship, like the Pearl?:confused:

are the breakaway and getaway gonna be as big as the epic??

I thought the epic doesnt do the western route because its size.. and alot of western route is tender ports.. hard to tender 4,000 paxs

are the breakaway and getaway gonna be as big as the epic??

I thought the epic doesnt do the western route because its size.. and alot of western route is tender ports.. hard to tender 4,000 paxs

They're a bit smaller than the Epic, but still a lot bigger than the Jewel class ships.

Archived