Voyager of the Seas 3/10-17/2012 Spring Break Trip Report with Pictures

GSRDPM

Great review...so excited to see the ship as we will be on her in June out of Singapore...she still looks like an amazing ship and we are lucky enough to get a hump cabin...so can't wait:D

Many of the crew were commenting how they are looking forward to the repositioning as so many have their homes and families in SE Asia.

What a handsome family and lovely pictures.

I will be boarding the Voyager on 4/14 for a 31 Day sailing.

Several of the entertainment staff were taking about that leg of the repositioning. It sounds like it is going to be a great experience. The Suez canal transit sounds really interesting. ENJOY and thanks for the compliment.

We leave next saturday so your review was right on time!!!! I was wondering if you saved your compasses as you were on the first cruise that did the sea days first. Were most of the pool activities and parades on sunday? I also heard there is a BBQ at night by the pool. Do you remeber what night this was held? Thanks in advance......TAZ

Sunday - first sea day - a mixture of music and pool games sports competitions - formal dinner (CC M&M took place today)

Monday - second sea day - variety of competitions/games and music such as on Sunday plus the world's sexiest man competition at poolside, poolside barBQ lunch - smart casual dinner

Tuesday - Jamaica - first day of ice show options, 70s themed events during the day and evening culminating with a 70's street party on the Royal Promenade during the evening - casual dinner - optional 70s attire

Wednesday - Grand Cayman - second day of ice show options, The Quest game in the evening, Pool Buffet 11-12 midnight, casual dinner

Thursday - Cozumel - First day the ice skating rink was open for skating - 50s/60s/80s dance music in the eveningb- Formal dinner

Friday - Last sea day - Royal Jackpot Bingo (other bingos at various points earlier in the week, too), Michael Jackson and Hip/Hop music and dance activities through the day, Island Frenzy Parade in the evening on the Royal Promenade - Casual dinner

I hope that helps

Wow, great review, the pictures are fantastic.

We sail on Voyager at the end of October (Singapore to Australia), and seeing this review is so exciting. Have sailed on Rhapsody which we loved, looking forward to Voyager.

Rhapsody was our first cruise with Royal Caribbean. We enjoyed great meals and service in the beautiful Edelweiss Dining Room

Thanks for a great review! We are sailing Voyager on 3/31 and you really have me excited after looking at the pics and reading your comments. Couple of questions. What % of people went full suit for formal nights vs. more casual attire? Was there any reason that you could tell that the ice rink did not have open skating until day 6? I have 2 dd's both very good skaters and they have been focused on skating for a while. They wont be too happy to hear that they cant skate until day 6!!:eek:

Thanks again!

Thanks for a great review! We are sailing Voyager on 3/31 and you really have me excited after looking at the pics and reading your comments. Couple of questions. What % of people went full suit for formal nights vs. more casual attire? Was there any reason that you could tell that the ice rink did not have open skating until day 6? I have 2 dd's both very good skaters and they have been focused on skating for a while. They wont be too happy to hear that they cant skate until day 6!!:eek:

Thanks again!

Thanks. As for % of those wearing suits, I did not pay attention to that specifically, but my overall impression was the vast majority were dressed up on formal nights in the dining room (look at my pictures of the dining room as well as the one of the pictures of the promenade from above) - those were taken on the second formal night. There are a lot of suits and dresses in those pictures. I noticed that a lot of young people were dressed up.

As to your second question. I can only guess that the skating show performers were using the rink for practices on the first two sea days and that the next two (Jamiaca and GC) they were doing two shows daily. That's my guess.

I have a question since you gave such a great review. We have Marva set up for a tour but not a "certain" place to go. As of now we don't have anyone other than my husband and I going along so she's open to where we'd like to go. That's what we're not sure of. Where to go and what to do. The only thing we've had in mind us going to Montego Bay to Margaritaville. I'm not sure we want to do the falls with the climbing up, etc. would you suggest anything else??

I have a question since you gave such a great review. We have Marva set up for a tour but not a "certain" place to go. As of now we don't have anyone other than my husband and I going along so she's open to where we'd like to go. That's what we're not sure of. Where to go and what to do. The only thing we've had in mind us going to Montego Bay to Margaritaville. I'm not sure we want to do the falls with the climbing up, etc. would you suggest anything else??

Mobay is in the opposite direction from Ocho Rios where we went, so I am not sure as to what would be in that direction off the top of my head. I would sugegst emaiing her with your preferences RE (not doing much climbing, etc...) and see what she would recommend. I knew, that once we decided we would get off the ship, DRF and tubing was what we wanted to do. BTW, tibing was very relaxing and required no effort other than a brief walk down a stepped path to the river. We ended our tubing trip at a level that was even with the road where our guide was waiting for us. (Again, this was in Ocho Rios) There may be other tubing or rafting locations near Mobay. You can check either tripadvisor or the Jamaica Port of Call board for more info.

Look into Mayfield falls. It is a gentle hike up the river and falls. Not crowded @ all like DRF

One other question do they provide beach towels to use on board and take off (but return) on excursions?

Yes you check them out next to the pool port side but make sure you return them or you will be charged $25 each

Yes you check them out next to the pool port side but make sure you return them or you will be charged $25 each

Yep, port side forward. You can take out as many as you like, but you will have to make sure that the number taken out equals the number returned. I told the kids to exchange towels throught the cruise so we never had more than 4 signed out. We would switch out the wet towels for dry ones as soon as we reboarded the ship on port days.

Archived