Drinking water on board

bethtogo

I have read somewhere that the drinking water on board in not good to drink? I don't want to have to buy bottled water on ship so i guess we will plan on bringing some bottled water on board with us. Does anyone know if Liberty has non sweetend ice tea? If so, do they make their ice tea with bottled water? thanks for any info

Every cruise so far I have been on has had good water... no funny taste.. However if your worried about it.. take a bottle of Mio.. or the generic walmart kind.. and you wont have to let it ruin your cruise =)

-Debbi

ps... the grape kind from walmart is really good..

Nothing wrong with the water onboard. I drink it all the time. In fact, it's about ALL I drink onboard. Not much of an alcohol drinker. I drank the water all the time on our September Legend cruise and survived nicely! :D

Been cruising for 31 years and drinking the water on the ships without any problems, diseases, mental alterations, or foul tastes. I have noticed that the water in the water fountains near the restrooms tend to turn a yellowish tinge after someone in the water closet flushes! :p Sorry, just a bit of toilet humor. My wife prefers bottled water but does refill her bottles from the dispensers in the buffet areas.

I was on the Fascination back in October and I have to say that the water everywhere did not taste good to me. Now, I am not a bottled water or filtered water snob cause I drink it right out of the tap at home, but that water had an off taste to it. Consequently the tea did too. Also, about the tea, know that it is not good brewed tea! Those of us from the south can tell the difference and it was not good. Sorry to disagree with everyone else. Of course, since this was our first cruise I cannot say what it is like on the other ships.

I was on the Fascination back in October and I have to say that the water everywhere did not taste good to me. Now, I am not a bottled water or filtered water snob cause I drink it right out of the tap at home, but that water had an off taste to it. Consequently the tea did too. Also, about the tea, know that it is not good brewed tea! Those of us from the south can tell the difference and it was not good. Sorry to disagree with everyone else. Of course, since this was our first cruise I cannot say what it is like on the other ships.

The ships desalitize their water than add minerals to it to create a taste most of us are used to. It's essentially pure water from steam. It might not taste like the water you drink at home due to minerals and stuff your water company adds.

I only drink bottled spring water at home, too, so I bring a 12-pack with me when I board, and buy more from grocery stores in port - costs a bit more than home, but less expensive than onboard. Don't like tap water anywhere.

I find the ship water to be a bit funky so I usually try and avoid it. Being a health nut, I usually stick to beer and filter the alcohol out via my liver while absorbing the small quantities of H2O that my body requires during the process. It's a win win ;)

I have read somewhere that the drinking water on board in not good to drink? I don't want to have to buy bottled water on ship so i guess we will plan on bringing some bottled water on board with us. Does anyone know if Liberty has non sweetend ice tea? If so, do they make their ice tea with bottled water? thanks for any info

Most bottled water is "made" from the municipal tap.

The water on board is actually better. It's cold from the Lido spigot.

FWIW I drink 1.5 gallons a water on average and water is important to me. I was on the Liberty last year and found the water to be very good. I refilled my bottles in the sink during the day and it was fine. Same water on lido is in your room.

I find the ship water to be a bit funky so I usually try and avoid it. Being a health nut, I usually stick to beer and filter the alcohol out via my liver while absorbing the small quantities of H2O that my body requires during the process. It's a win win ;)

I LOL'd!! Nearly spit water on the screen. :P

The water on board tastes just fine.

The iced tea is NOT fresh brewed and tastes horrible. It is non-sweetened pre-mix swill that is insulting to any true Southerner.

The water on board tastes just fine.

The iced tea is NOT fresh brewed and tastes horrible. It is non-sweetened pre-mix swill that is insulting to any true Southerner.

Affirmative. Real southern sweet tea is 1 part tea, 2 parts sugar.

Yup. Drinking water's fine on ships. It's processed the same way bottled water is made, with the added step of desalination, of course. Even bottled "spring" water is processed using filters and UV lights, etc.

The ships desalitize their water than add minerals to it to create a taste most of us are used to. It's essentially pure water from steam. It might not taste like the water you drink at home due to minerals and stuff your water company adds.

I don't know. Ijust know that at home I drink both from bottles, from the tap w/o filter and filtered at work and none if it tastes as bad as the water on the Fascination. My Mom agreed with me. I don't know if it was just that ship or just that cruise but it had a bad taste. I drink lots of water at home and could not drink the ship's water. I am hoping it was a fluke.

Archived