Drinking water on board

bethtogo

The water is perfectly fine and tastes fine. I read somewhere that most of the water is taken from the tap in the homeport. For example, if your cruise is a 7-day from Fort Lauderdale, much of the water is the same water a resident of Fort Lauderdale, would be drinking, showering in, watering their lawn with, etc. The ships also have desalination plants where they remove the salt from the ocean water, treat it, and add minerals for taste. The ship's water has to live up to the strict guidelines set in place by the US Public Health Department for all water in the US. So the water that comes out of the desalination plant a few miles from my home, has the same safety and taste as the water on, say, the Carnival Freedom. Now of course different places in the US has different water. I, personally, think the water in Jacksonville doesn't taste the best. But the water on Long Island, NY is still some of the best I've ever tasted out of a tap. But that doesn't mean it isn't safe.

I have read somewhere that the drinking water on board in not good to drink? I don't want to have to buy bottled water on ship so i guess we will plan on bringing some bottled water on board with us. Does anyone know if Liberty has non sweetend ice tea? If so, do they make their ice tea with bottled water? thanks for any info

I was working for Carnival, Celebrity and Azamara and I can tell you that water from machine is very safe.

Ice tea is made fro the machine that has water purifying filters. Same machines that are on Lido are inside the main dining room. They are very safe. However you will not get iced tea from bottled water for free unless you go on Azamara or other luxury cruise line where this goes in the beverage package that you already pay.

Cruise ships use a reverse osmosis system. The water is probably a lot purer then bottled water. Although I know when I lived in Baltimore, I read that the city water dept made a hugh profit by selling water to the bottling plants. No extra filtering or anything, tap to bottle.

Several years ago I spent an hour with the ships engineers on the Fantasy. They had a slide show about how the ship's mechanical operations worked. During the show, they said they have fresh water tanks that can hold about 2 days worth of fresh water. They fill those tanks at the dock with local tap water. So if you begin your cruise in

Miami, you start out drinking Miami muni water. As the cruise continues, they refill the water by collecting the steam that is a byproduct of making the electricity that propels the ship. This steam is 100% H2O, with no bacteria and no minerals in it. So, by day 3 you are drinking water that came from the ocean. :)

I have always bought one bottle of that "bottled water" that is in your stateroom, and costs about 4.00. I use it in the am to take my pills, and in the evening I like a glass of water before bed. Last cruise, I finished that bottle about two days before end of my cruise, and didnt want to buy another that I knew I would leave behind, so I drank the tap water!:D

Woohoo...Im still here, I did not get sick, and especially with a little ice, it didnt taste bad at all. Next time, I will save my 4.00 and drink the tap water.

And yes, the ice tea at lido deck, is not sweetened, and I have heard that they make it with the ship's water. I have been drinking that ice tea for years, never gotten sick on it, or the lemonade. So, you live and learn, and for me; that means that there is no reason for me to buy bottled water on board, or bring it on board. JMHO.:)

I have read somewhere that the drinking water on board in not good to drink? I don't want to have to buy bottled water on ship so i guess we will plan on bringing some bottled water on board with us. Does anyone know if Liberty has non sweetend ice tea? If so, do they make their ice tea with bottled water? thanks for any info

Please provide a reference for your statement on the water quality on the ship. Also, do you believe absolutely everything that you read without verifying the information from an independent source.

DON

Please provide a reference for your statement on the water quality on the ship. Also, do you believe absolutely everything that you read without verifying the information from an independent source.

DON

Isn't that what he/she is trying to do here???? Shaking my head!

DON

You dont believe someone told them that? Why cant some of you just accept someones word for it? What is so unbelievable about someone saying they were told something? Why are you so distrustful?

Before my cruise I heard the water was absolutely disgusting. I researched it and found this

and this
. Video proof of others claims but of course you will say they were set ups by RCI agents or something like that.

For cryin out loud why cant some of you guys stop the interrogations of new folks with innocent questions?

First of all, let me say that I am a water snob and can tast subtle differences in water. Ok, that being said...on the Conquest the water tasted fine the problem that I found out was the ice. The crushed ice on the Lido had a funny taste to it (drank it with ice and coke and found the same taste). The cubed ice that was in the ice bucket in the room had no aftertaste at all.

First of all, let me say that I am a water snob and can tast subtle differences in water. Ok, that being said...on the Conquest the water tasted fine the problem that I found out was the ice. The crushed ice on the Lido had a funny taste to it (drank it with ice and coke and found the same taste). The cubed ice that was in the ice bucket in the room had no aftertaste at all.

Whatever they use to clean the machines makes the ice taste funky sometimes I think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem with the ships water. No funny taste, or weird color. I bring packs of Crystal Light and insulated water bottles, and use the ships water to fill them and make my drinks.

I was on the Fascination back in October and I have to say that the water everywhere did not taste good to me. .

We cruised the Fascination last summer and noticed that the water had that typical FL sulphur note to it.......

I was on the Fascination back in October and I have to say that the water everywhere did not taste good to me. Now, I am not a bottled water or filtered water snob cause I drink it right out of the tap at home, but that water had an off taste to it. Consequently the tea did too. Also, about the tea, know that it is not good brewed tea! Those of us from the south can tell the difference and it was not good. Sorry to disagree with everyone else. Of course, since this was our first cruise I cannot say what it is like on the other ships.

Whoa! Deja vu! We were on the Fascination on October 1 and the Lido water tasted so weird! We only drank water in the MDR because that's the only place it was good. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so!

All potable water(water for drinking and consuption) must meet or exceed the requirements of 21CFR 1240 and 1250 inorder for a vessel to maintain their ABS/LLOYDS inspection certificates.

The differance in taste is due the the fact it is either R/O (reverse osmosis) or desal water. The tasted you may be used to , is actually unique to the area you live in and th mineral found naturally in the water and those that are added.

With that said, Ive aways thought it tasted fine, it just gives us the "carnival farts"... Yup, I went there... I usually bring a 24pack for each of us(2) and drink alcohol th rest of the time. I got to keep my liver in shape.

Whoa! Deja vu! We were on the Fascination on October 1 and the Lido water tasted so weird! We only drank water in the MDR because that's the only place it was good. Glad I'm not the only one who thought so!

It's been too long to remember what ship it was, but there was always a strange smell throughout the ship. When I went to have my first water, it was also in there, so I avoided it all week. The ship could have even been the Fascination. Maybe it was those manaquins.

Archived