Cant Wait to Get Away from this Pollen!

I sure hope there is not so much pollen in the Bahamas! We have had record high pollen levels here in the Atlanta area. Temps have been higher for March than they have been in over 100 years! In fact, the weather forecast states it will be cooler in the Bahamas than it is here!

DH is recovering from a killer sinus infection. He feels much better now, but what happens if you get sick on the ship and need to see the Doctor? Will our cruise insurance cover it? How much is a visit to the RCI ship Dr.?

I will be packing a mobile pharmacy for sure!

You'll need to check with your insurance to see if they will reimburse some or all of your doctors fee on the ship....you will be required to pay it in full, and you can submit the charges to your ins. when you get home, if they will do that. Check!

Bring whatever you think he'll need...ask your doctor at home for whatever Rx's he might need. That will be the easiest way! And, cheapest!

It's miserable here! We just got home

on Sunday from a week in South Florida and its hotter here than it was there! We have had record high temps and pollen all week. I'll take the hot any day but this pollen is terrible. Can't wait for cruise time!

The oak is getting ready to bust loose any day now here in Texas. You can see a bumper crop on the trees now. Then the green stuff will be everywhere! But no cruise coming until Thanksgiving for us....guess we'll just suffer!

Thankfully, you are free from pollen at sea and have never noticed being bothered in port even in April. You should be good if you bring all your over the counter meds.

FWIW this year is so crazy even way up here in the normally frozen north we now have a huge issue with tree pollen and allergy issues. All the trees are budding out and some even sprouting leaves - two months early. St. Patrick's day was the first ever with 80° and we had a tornado nearby (relatively) night before last. Very rare for March. Even had ice out on the lakes so they are now ice free. This tree pollen is getting old real fast but at least the rain knocked it down some.

I'm having a HORRIBLE week here in the DC area with my allergies! Its just been miserable :(

I can say though that every time I've sailed during allergy season and was suffering before I left, things improved drastically when I got out to sea!

I was driving home yesterday and could see clouds of pollen ahead of me. Luckily, I had enough time to roll up the windows.

I had to visit the medical staff my last cruise. No charge. And they loaded me up with drugs. And confined me to my cabin. I guess they wanted to make sure my food poisoning wasn't noro.

• 1 year later...
Any idea about the pollen in October... should I take all my allergy stuff just in case....

I've never had any issue with pollen anywhere except in the deep southeast where we have lived (Alabama and Georgia.)

South Florida, the Caribbean, and the Bahamas should be no problem. For most spring allergies are much worse than fall anyways.

Archived