senior price break

tipsy

Just saw on the fareviewer site that they are now lowering prices for seniors on my cruise. Called TA and she was told that once make final payment, not eligible for price reductions. She's on hold waiting for a supervisor right now.

Anyone know if this is right? seems a bit unfair, just cause I've already paid in full, am not entitled to price cuts?

thanks

Unfortunately, it is true - no OBC or refund after final payment unless you booked Early Saver. I recently tried to shame CCL into an OBC after final payment (booked as past guest) but they wouldn't budge. I understood the rules but thought it was worth a shot anyway.

Just saw on the fareviewer site that they are now lowering prices for seniors on my cruise. Called TA and she was told that once make final payment, not eligible for price reductions. She's on hold waiting for a supervisor right now.

Anyone know if this is right? seems a bit unfair, just cause I've already paid in full, am not entitled to price cuts?

thanks

tipsy ... It's not that you are "paid in full", it's that (presumably) you are past the "Final Payment Deadline" (some 60-70 days from sailaway) for your Cruise; prior to that date Carnival Policy is that you can get price adjustments for all Booking types - after that date Carnival's strict policy is that only the Early Saver Booking (which has a number of offsertting restrictions) can get price adjustments. ken

Unfortunately, it is true - no OBC or refund after final payment unless you booked Early Saver. I recently tried to shame CCL into an OBC after final payment (booked as past guest) but they wouldn't budge. I understood the rules but thought it was worth a shot anyway.

So you knew you were not supposed to get anything but figured if you were a squeaky enough wheel you would get somthing you weren't entitled too? WOW! :eek:

So you knew you were not supposed to get anything but figured if you were a squeaky enough wheel you would get somthing you weren't entitled too? WOW! :eek:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;) I wrote a very congenial email to Guest Relations and got a very polite and friendly "sorry, but no." I wasn't disappointed but if you don't ask, you'll never know.

Same thing happened to me on Saturday. I could have saved 520.00 on 4 balcony cabins. Called Carnival, then my TA but I was already past the 60 days. The only thing they did was upgrade me. Went from 7 to deck 8. Next time I may try early saver. When I paid for 4 cabins they should have given me something.

Same thing happened to me on Saturday. I could have saved 520.00 on 4 balcony cabins. Called Carnival, then my TA but I was already past the 60 days. The only thing they did was upgrade me. Went from 7 to deck 8. Next time I may try early saver. When I paid for 4 cabins they should have given me something.

WTH is that supposed to mean? You're the only person in all of cruise land who pays for cruises? Um, sorry to bust your bubble but we all pay for our cruises. Doesn't matter if you booked 20 cabins. Averaging it out amongst all your passengers makes you no more special than me or anyone else.

Yep...same thing happened with me. I just posted about how sick I feel...senior rate showed up last week....would be a $690 difference and I can't get any part of it because we are past final payment. Can't upgrade any further unless we want pay extra for a suite...

Not much we can do but I understand how u feel...seems like they could least let u book senior rate before final payment...oh well....have a good cruise

Thanks everyone for the input. We did ES booking last June for this cruise. TA called @ hour ago and she got us $200 OBC. So that's cool.:cool:. We'll take it, not greedy, paid an awesome price to start with.

Now just one month till we can spend it. :p

WTH is that supposed to mean? You're the only person in all of cruise land who pays for cruises? Um, sorry to bust your bubble but we all pay for our cruises. Doesn't matter if you booked 20 cabins. Averaging it out amongst all your passengers makes you no more special than me or anyone else.

OUCH! But, I do totally agree with you!;)

Jay

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;) I wrote a very congenial email to Guest Relations and got a very polite and friendly "sorry, but no." I wasn't disappointed but if you don't ask, you'll never know.

My question is why ask when you already know the answer? :rolleyes: You knew you weren't entitled to it, you have stated so, and yet you still ask? What was the point other than to get someone to give you something you didn't deserve? So sad! :mad:

My question is why ask when you already know the answer? :rolleyes: You knew you weren't entitled to it, you have stated so, and yet you still ask? What was the point other than to get someone to give you something you didn't deserve? So sad! :mad:

Probably because it is a well documented FACT that Carnival Reps, in general, are clueless about their own policies and are notorious for allowing things that clearly contradict their rules. I don't blame him for trying.

Probably because it is a well documented FACT that Carnival Reps, in general, are clueless about their own policies and are notorious for allowing things that clearly contradict their rules. I don't blame him for trying.

I disagree. It would be immaterial as to whether the Carnival reps know their policies if you already do. If someone didn't know and got something they shouldn't have gotten, that would be one thing. But if you already know you're not supposed to get something and still pursue trying to get it, that's shame on you, not Carnival.

Why do people fret so much about not getting something they aren't entitled to in the first place. When you book your cruise you agree on a price and a set of conditions. If the price goes down after the full payment date, you shouldn't expect to get something (unless of course you booked Early Saver). Just be glad that your going on a cruise and that even if you paid a little more than someone else your still getting a good deal. We all know the value inherent in cruising. Don't worry Be Happy!

We booked the cruise we took earlier this month on the Fantasy after the final payment date. Our TA was able to get us past passenger rates due to our having sailed on Princess. They did not have a special senior rate at the time we booked it, but the same itinerary in May has one now--and it's tempting to go again.

The downside to booking late is that we did not have much choice of cabins. We needed one for us and one for DH's mother close by.

We have 6 rooms booked for April 8 on the Legend, all were booked early saver and 4 of the rooms have recently received the price drop for seniors rate but Carnival has decided not to give us OBC but instead to reimburse the amounts to the credit cards they were booked on. This makes no sense to me as they already have our money and it is non-refundable so either we would have to spend it on board or lose it. I would rather have the OBC because who knows how long it will take to refund the money owed. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

We have 6 rooms booked for April 8 on the Legend, all were booked early saver and 4 of the rooms have recently received the price drop for seniors rate but Carnival has decided not to give us OBC but instead to reimburse the amounts to the credit cards they were booked on. This makes no sense to me as they already have our money and it is non-refundable so either we would have to spend it on board or lose it. I would rather have the OBC because who knows how long it will take to refund the money owed. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

If you're early saver, then the OBC is not non-refundable. You'd get back what you didnt spend at the end of your cruise.

thanks

If you booked the early saver rate they will give an on board credit, if not they will not

Hell yeah, I don't blame anyone for trying either. The fare reductions are appearing because they have cabins to sell, not because Carnival decided to give a special break to Seniors just 'cuz. Asking the question can result in an upgrade, which they would likely have tried to upsell to an existing passenger anyway. I've never heard of them giving a price adjustment, but I have received upgrades after final payment, and I'm sure others have too. My PVP spoke to a supervisor, so in that case it wasn't a matter of a rep not understanding the rules. If there are empty cabins available why not? They may as well make a loyal customer happy rather than sell a better cabin at a ridiculously low rate. I'm having a hard time understanding why that's some sort of moral faux pas.

Wow, this thread has become a little heated since my last post. I didn't mean to stir any emotions, just pass along my experience. People often say everything is negotiable and while I seldom ask for breaks or discounts while making a purchase (except for car buying) and have never asked anything like this of CCL in the past, I thought I would try this one time to test the waters. I'm sorry if that offends some people but exceptions to rules are made all the time and I was hoping this request to CCL might be one of those. It wasn't and I was fine with their response. :)

Just an FYI early saver states on the carnival site that it is a non-refundable, non-transferable on board credit and therefore if not used would be lost. We actually wanted the OBC and they are refunding to our credit cards. Their policy seems to be all over the place and noone can be sure what they might get so you might as well try.

Archived