This Wiil Be Our Last Time On Oceania Air

Polecat

First - inernational baggage allowance does transfer to a connecting European flight if on the same airline or on a code share. Not if you are flying trans-Atlantic, say, on American and then continuing your journey on LH etc.

Second - American Airlines doesn't have flat beds. they have inclined lie-flat seats. Which are not comfortable. You have a tendancy to slide down. AF and KL have the same, so does Aer Lingus. BA and Swiss on the other hand have 180° lie flat beds. I much prefer these and while they are not as good as SQ in Business they are both loads better than American Airlines...

Jim&Stan are right about the smaller bins on some European planes. And if your carry on won't fit in the bin, the flight attendant will check it in the hold... could be a problem.

Sir, perhaps not all AA first class flights have flat beds, but I can assure you that on the Mia -BA run they do. I define flat bed as you do--180 degress of comfort. That's also the case on LAN long haul to SA.

Sir, perhaps not all AA first class flights have flat beds, but I can assure you that on the Mia -BA run they do. I define flat bed as you do--180 degress of comfort. That's also the case on LAN long haul to SA.

You are correct AA does have lie flat beds. They are in the middle of upgrading their fleet.

Just how does O figure its air credits? We will need to fly HNL (a "Gateway city") to MIA and return. The lowest coach fare we can find is almost $1,200. pp. O is offering only $400. pp air credit. This just seems a little cheap on their part.

I too fly from Hawaii ( Big Island) and have the same fare... and the same question. Asked the home office and got this answer. " over all many of our passengers have much more economical fares than Hawaii. We offer a standard credit based on the average fare we will pay. Some will benifit more than others"

Bottom line what the company saves flying a passenger from Atlanta or Houston, will offset the fare for the small number of Hawaiian or Alaskan passengers. Thats how they do it...it averages out.

Yes its good to live in Hawaii and get the killer air fare deals. ! ( I just got a fare in November on UAL KOA to LAX via SFO for $492... for 2

I too fly from Hawaii ( Big Island) and have the same fare... and the same question. Asked the home office and got this answer. " over all many of our passengers have much more economical fares than Hawaii. We offer a standard credit based on the average fare we will pay. Some will benifit more than others"

Bottom line what the company saves flying a passenger from Atlanta or Houston, will offset the fare for the small number of Hawaiian or Alaskan passengers. Thats how they do it...it averages out.

Yes its good to live in Hawaii and get the killer air fare deals. ! ( I just got a fare in November on UAL KOA to LAX via SFO for $492... for 2

OMG....great fare!

Archived