Eurodam pingpong & pickleball?

ladyfrost

Hello Fellow Cruise Critics,

Hoping someone can give us a bit of info on the sports courts on the Eurodam.

Firstly, does the Eurodam have two pingpong tables in Lido area now that there are Cabanas and secondly, does anyone know if the 'sports' court can be used for pickleball?

We have booked a couple of cruises this spring/summer and will be aboard for a total of 42 days; it would be wonderful if we could do some practising to keep the weight down!!

Cheers, Sue

The last time I noticed a ping pong table on a ship is Maasdam at Lido Pool.

I don't recall seeing one on Nieuw Amsterdam or Eurodam....... it is certainly possbile I just didn't notice but can't picture where it would have been.

Hello Fellow Cruise Critics,

Hoping someone can give us a bit of info on the sports courts on the Eurodam.

Firstly, does the Eurodam have two pingpong tables in Lido area now that there are Cabanas and secondly, does anyone know if the 'sports' court can be used for pickleball?

We have booked a couple of cruises this spring/summer and will be aboard for a total of 42 days; it would be wonderful if we could do some practicing to keep the weight down!!

Cheers, Sue

On Nieuw Amsterdam Nov-Dec 2010 I took the following photos of 3 Ping Pong Tables located on the Port side of the Lido Mid Ship Pool area, back near the entrance to the Salon and Gym facilities. Also took photo of the Starboard side where there is this Giant Chess Set.

The Nieuw Amsterdam is the sister ship to Eurodam and should be no different in set up.

In no way did the Lido Mid Ship Cabanas impede on space for the games here:)

BTW, I have no idea what Pickleball is so cannot answer that one:)

NA_Lido_Midship_Giant-Chess-Nov-2010.jpg.55b86d7e9ac893cf155b44c87aa3f455.jpg

Joanie

NA_Lido_Midship_PP-tables-Nov-2010.jpg.62bb1ec30bec9197743222913349e8ad.jpg

The Nieuw Amsterdam is the sister ship to Eurodam and should be no different in set up.

Even though the E-dam cabanas are on the port side? It's very tight between the most forward cabana and the exit to the salon area.

I don't think those tables are still there. We sat in that area and I truly do not recall seeing them. If people had been playing ping pong right behind us, we would have moved. There were lots of tables and chairs and still they could have used more seating.

We were on the Eurodam Dec. 31st and they did have a ping pong table by the suffleboard. I am sorry to say I don't remember on what deck though, it was on the port side. We played shuffleboard with our kids and tried a few times to use the ping pong table but it was always used. Then we had a Code Red and it was shut down. Hope that helps.:)

We just got home from our week long cruise on the Eurodam. Looking in our daily Explorer I found the day you are interested in...

"Day 4: San Juan, Puerto Rico 11:00 am Cruise Classic: Ping Pong Tournament Sports Deck, 11"

We did not check it out. But if there was a tournament, than there would be tables.

~~Angie

Archived