Final Payment- URGENT

Hello everyone !

This is a rather urgent matter, due to my horrilbly lacking organizational skills I seem to not be able to find the page which states the final payment date. Off the top of my head, it was somewhere around today, tomorrow or at most the day after. I am aware that after an hour or two of not receiving final payment, some cruise lines just cancel your booking and pocket the deposit.

I am more than happy to pay on time, I just have no idea when to make the booking- calling them would be the obvious idea but their office is closed till Monday.

My cruise departs the 24th of June... will anyone be able to help me pinpoint the final payment date? Will they just charge my credit card or will I need to manually pay them ?

Thanks !

When it is due will depend on whether you booked direct with the cruise line or a travel agent. Most travel agents need the balance about 2 weeks before the cruise line does. As an example my balance is due 31 July for cruise departing 25 Sept, but TA wants it by 17 July. Hopefully you can extrapolate from that ?

P&O want final payment 56days (8weeks) before departure. Most good cruise agents want payment two weeks before that to allow time to process. On that basis 10 weeks before puts it at 15 April. Some agents want it before then.

I normally send a cheque in the post but you should know yourself what payment arrangements you have made, or not made, with your agent.

Brian

Perhaps our agent isn't a "good agent":)

We're leaving on 7th July and our agent wanted paying by 25th March. A long time in advance, I know, but we of course had no choice but to pay it.

P&O want final payment 56days (8weeks) before departure. Most good cruise agents want payment two weeks before that to allow time to process. On that basis 10 weeks before puts it at 15 April. Some agents want it before then.

I normally send a cheque in the post but you should know yourself what payment arrangements you have made, or not made, with your agent.

Brian

Brian, I think you will find that P&O have increased the balance payment period and now want payment 90 days before your cruise.

I think you will find that P&O have increased the balance payment period and now want payment 90 days before your cruise.

That would be about right for ours then; 90 days plus 2 to 3 weeks for clearing the payment.

Hello everyone !

This is a rather urgent matter, due to my horrilbly lacking organizational skills I seem to not be able to find the page which states the final payment date. Off the top of my head, it was somewhere around today, tomorrow or at most the day after. I am aware that after an hour or two of not receiving final payment, some cruise lines just cancel your booking and pocket the deposit.

I am more than happy to pay on time, I just have no idea when to make the booking- calling them would be the obvious idea but their office is closed till Monday.

My cruise departs the 24th of June... will anyone be able to help me pinpoint the final payment date? Will they just charge my credit card or will I need to manually pay them ?

Thanks !

don't panic if you have booked through P&O as we did for the 24th june oceana cruise our deposit isn't due until 29th April. can you not go back through your emails, payment due will be on them that is if you gave them your email address and haven't deleted them.The P&O call centre will be open saturday and sunday they might not be able to take your payment but they might be able to tell you your payment due date give them a try.

Thank you all for your kind and informative replies.

I called them on the 26th of March and asked when the date was- their reply, the 26th of March- what good luck. The first thing the lady said was ''oh don't worry, we send an email notification''- I had received none and am glad I managed to get through to them on time.

Ah, the need to be organized.

Anyways, I am all paid up and ready to go :D Role on June !

Great news! You won't do that again ! I always put a note on a calender a fortnight before monies due to remind me to get the final balance ready for posting. (along with 'book the car in at Southampton parking CPS., cat in Cattery etc etc ;):) )

Have a great time!

Archived