first Mediterranean cruise and want to visit a winery

tdk

This is our first trip to Europe and want to visit a winery... Probably in Sicily. Rccl offers one tour (my35) but looking to see what others have done.

We went on a private tour of a winery and had a great meal with the owners of the winery when in Livorno. It was a great day out even though it was much more expensive than the ship tour. We did other things during the day too.

Clearly my Tuscany tour would not be good for you, but I am sure you could find one if you google the port you are visiting and add wine tour. I do think the personal touch makes the trip special.

We took a RCCL wine tour in the Tuscany Region (Florence) to a Winery owned by the Fiat family. It was pretty good. There were 4 types of wine to sample, plus an assortment of antipasti. You also could buy or have the wine shipped to your home.

Try the roll call for your cruise. Sometimes you can join a private tour with other cruise critic posters.

Thank you... I am on the roll call but I havent seen anyone doing a winery tour.

Thank you... I am on the roll call but I havent seen anyone doing a winery tour.

if you initiate the tour you may find others willing to join you

you say Sicily-any particular reason? which other ports are you visiting?

I ask because we are doing a wine tour from Toulon France, provencewinetours. The company was recommended on these boards and they charge per person and will put us together with others up to a group of 8.

I'm sure there must be options such as this in other ports

Lots, and lots of wine tours to choose from! We did one in France, Spain and Italy.

Due to short port days, I found it easier (and cheaper for a change) to book ship excursions. Normally we DIY.

If you post on your roll call someone may know about wine tours in your ports. Or you can websearch for tours from the ports you will visit. You may have to email for info on prices (usually quoted in euros). You can then see if there are others who will share the tour with you. We book and offer extra seats (to lower cost per person) on the roll calls. We are okay if we have to pay the entire amount ourselves as there is no guarantee that sharers will come thru when its time to tour.

• 1 month later...
We went on a private tour of a winery and had a great meal with the owners of the winery when in Livorno. It was a great day out even though it was much more expensive than the ship tour. We did other things during the day too.

Clearly my Tuscany tour would not be good for you, but I am sure you could find one if you google the port you are visiting and add wine tour. I do think the personal touch makes the trip special.

Hello,

We are looking to do a Tuscany wine tour? which company did you use. Also what was the duration and price?

Thanks in advance

My husband and I went on a tour on a Meditteranean cruise in Oct. 2011, with 2 other couples and a Mom and her daughter, all who we went on our RCCL rollcall, which included a visit to a winery in Tuscany where organic olives, meat and wine are produced I was unsuccessful uploading pictures). I enjoyed all of our private tours, two with RIL to Rome and the Amalfi coast, but my favorite was our tour with Danny at Tuscan Heart. What an ending to a great day. Tuscany was beautiful. Next time we go, we hope to allow more time there.

Archived