Best cabin Island Princess - Alaska

ilycam

I don't think that cabin would be my first choice. Being on the leading edge of the bumpout, you are more liable to experience wind, plus I think those balconies are a little smaller than the others. I'd probably book one of the AAs forward in the 200s. Or one of the ABs on Caribe deck forward -- since the only difference is location, you could save a few pennies from an AA. Just my $.02 . . .

The Dolphin deck minis (cabins in the 700 series) at the aft of the Coral and Island have fully covered balconies and are just steps away from the public (but almost always empty) aft viewing area. We were on the port side in 2007 and this summer will be on the starboard side for a change of scenery (but don't stay on your balcony into/out of Glacier Bay - you want to be up top where you can go from side to side as the Rangers/naturalist point out stuff). At the tip of Glacier Bay the captain turns the ship around numerous times. It's quite amazing since it seems to turn on a dime. We went down to the aft viewing area on Dolphin deck and had it all to ourselves. It was a gorgeous day and truly breathtaking.

Sailing on Island Princess next May, currently booked mini suite B431 but concerned about wind/rain on the balcony. Any information or cabin suggestions would be appreciated.

The one thing you can count on in Alaska is rain. I would choose a port Caribe deck cabin with its larger deck and partially covered balcony. I prefer aft .

Archived