Would you pay for a chair ????

bluehenfan

I just finished reading a long article about cruising in 3/11 Philadelphia Inquirer that a friend had saved for me. One part was about how cruise lines are generating new ways to make money. With all the complaints about "chair hogs", would you be willing to pay for reserved cabana seating by the pools on a Carnival ship ? This was one example of things to come that was listed in this story. How much would you be willing to pay? I imagine it would be by the day.

I just finished reading a long article about cruising in 3/11 Philadelphia Inquirer that a friend had saved for me. One part was about how cruise lines are generating new ways to make money. With all the complaints about "chair hogs", would you be willing to pay for reserved cabana seating by the pools on a Carnival ship ? This was one example of things to come that was listed in this story. How much would you be willing to pay? I imagine it would be by the day.

Princess already does this in their Serenity area. I am not sure how cruise lines would be able to control main pool seating unless a section was closed off.

Vinnie

I wouldn't but I don't need a chair close to the pool. On the Liberty I was up by the jogging track and had all the chairs I wanted no problem.

But the high demand areas? I say charge it. It will never happen unless all lines do it. or at least their main competitors like RCI and NCL.

I wonder how long before some lines go to a pay as you go cruise. Pay for shows, dinners, lunch , breakfast, pool use, etc. You pay for being on the boat and its transportation but thats it. I dont think it would be very popular though.

it's never the chair that is in short supply. it's the space it occupies.

all it would do is make carnival cruisers bring their own chairs.

it's never the chair that is in short supply. it's the space it occupies.

all it would do is make carnival cruisers bring their own chairs.

What an absolute nightmare that would be! LMAO

Also wondering what would be next? Families parked in the middle of the deck blowing up baby pools and floaties with battery powered air pumps...hauling buckets of water from the pool (or worse...Lido!! :P ) to fill it up!

*giggles madly*

The possible disasters are endless...

I pay for chairs and cabanas at some resort hotels, I am not sure that i would do so on a cruise ship. I think the answer to the problem of chair hogs is to enforce the rules as they are stated. Items should NOT be permitted to reserve chairs. The practice is out of hand and continues because many people don't want confrontation so they will just find somewhere else to sit while "stuff" sits in the prime spots most of the day and sometimes all day without a human ever touching the chair.

The cruise lines need to hire some BOLD pool attendants who are willing to move items that are left. All they have to do is have a numbering system in which they write down the time they noticed the unattended items and when the permitted time passes they move the items. It's not hard, but I have never been on a ship where ANY attendant would move stuff.

Absolutely not! I have a hard time paying for premium steakhouse when the main dining room is free; and paying for specialty coffee and pastries when the buffett is free. Pretty soon they'll charge you to breathe air.

Only for the premium air... ;)

What an absolute nightmare that would be! LMAO

Also wondering what would be next? Families parked in the middle of the deck blowing up baby pools and floaties with battery powered air pumps...hauling buckets of water from the pool (or worse...Lido!! :P ) to fill it up!

*giggles madly*

The possible disasters are endless...

don't forget the round metal tub fer laundry.

Get a t shirt made up with " pool attendant " on it. When the CH's finally arrive to claim their chair, you can say the pool attendant moved the stuff...

Brilliant! :p Or even one of those "staff" shirts you see people wearing. Then you could say "staff" moved it.

There is NO way on the earth or sea I would be willing to pay for seating for cabana seats or serenity seating. We are paid guests of Carnival when we board their SHIP and have already paid for the privilege to use all the seats and chairs and couches and benches on the ship.

As far as the chair hog situation, Carnival needs to get a hold of their own policy and enforce it. PERIOD.

(or maybe start ticketing the chair hogs!) that would really generate income!!!:eek:

Archived