Room service menu

Am I to understand that you can only get room service if you pay for it, or as I have read is there some kind of extended menu? If so what is the charge? Will they delived an alcholic beverage? (fee I know)

We enjoy the cruise food just fine so try not to spend to much extra. And can you take food or a bucket of beers back to the cabin?

Thanks

I have done room service multiple times and not been charged. U only get charged like after midnight so something like that. I did order a couple adult drinks that they have listed and they brung right to the room to enjoy on the balcony. We usally did this once our daughter was sleeping. They have a limited menu but its still good. I like the cheesecake!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

There is no charge except between midnight and 5 or 5:30 am....and the $3.95 charge IS the tip.

Of course, there will be charges for soda or alcohol....but that's true anywhere on the ship. There is no charge for the food.

You may bring any drinks or beer to your cabin that you want.

No charge for roomservice..However there is a $3.95 service charge added to your SeaPass account for delivered orders between midnight-5:00am..You can easily fill out a breakfast menu doorhanger (that includes hot items) and hang it on your door by 3:00am with the desired hour of delivery circled...This is when having a few $'s for tipping comes in handy as this server is not included in your final gratuities for service rendered onboard....We always order a roomservice breakfast to have on the balcony..a great way to start the morning...You can always carry food back to your cabin anytime you wish, and can bring all the buckets-o-beer and bar ordered drinks you may want also... :)

Edited by Ashland

We are defnitely looking forward to trying the highly reputed Bistro Burger from room service. Seems we have always managed to miss that. Very likely we'll do that for lunch one day and hang out on balcony.

Glad to see all this info. I was planning on using room service breakfast to help get the kids up and around faster on our first port day. It's a short visit, so no time to waste. Also good to know how easy it is to order (and not have to actually talk to a person.) I was dreading that part.

Glad to see all this info. I was planning on using room service breakfast to help get the kids up and around faster on our first port day. It's a short visit, so no time to waste. Also good to know how easy it is to order (and not have to actually talk to a person.) I was dreading that part.

Yes, it is easy to order! Just a note of warning though... We love room service on port days for the reason you mentioned - it makes it easier to get up and out the door. However, one of our port days, we were getting ready and wondered why room service was taking so long to come. (You select a 1/2 hour window of when you want it to arrive.) We waited a few more minutes and then I got suspicious. I opened the door and sure enough, the order card was still hanging on the handle... they had never taken it. We called, explained what happened and asked them if they could bring the food ASAP. To their credit, they brought it within 5 minutes (much quicker than normal). This happened to us again later in the cruise only that time I knew to check and realized we needed to call in the order. With that said, don't hesitate to order by the card on your door, just might be helpful to check and make sure your order was taken.

They will call you when room service is on the way so it makes for a good wake up call. It also gives you time to make sure someone is decent to answer the door or hide in the bathroom if needed.:p

Am I to understand that you can only get room service if you pay for it, or as I have read is there some kind of extended menu? If so what is the charge? Will they delived an alcholic beverage? (fee I know)

We enjoy the cruise food just fine so try not to spend to much extra. And can you take food or a bucket of beers back to the cabin?

Thanks

Room service is free, except for alcohol. There is a service charge from midnight until 5. I think its $3.95.

The extended menu you are talking about (I think) is for concierge guest. Concierge guest can order whatever is being served in the main dining room where as The regular room service is a lighter menu.

If you do a search on the internet there are many people who post photos of room service menus. This will give you an idea what is offered.

For a snack, don't forget to order the hot spinach dip...LOVE IT..and the bistro burgers are GREAT!!! You can also get potato chips from room service, which we were craving!!

Love to have my pot of coffee and some fruit and a few pastries sent up for "early" breakfast.

You can order Room Service on your TV. Dont use the hang card.

It does take around 30 minutes. Order an early time so you have time to eat.

Just for fun, we would order milk, cookies, the spinach dip, etc at might before bed. Loved room service.

I wish I had room service right now at my home. I dont want to have to cook dinner:mad: Shoot, I would walk to the WJ right now also:)

Yes, it is easy to order! Just a note of warning though... We love room service on port days for the reason you mentioned - it makes it easier to get up and out the door. However, one of our port days, we were getting ready and wondered why room service was taking so long to come. (You select a 1/2 hour window of when you want it to arrive.)With that said, don't hesitate to order by the card on your door, just might be helpful to check and make sure your order was taken.

The Door Hang card is only for breakfast and it wont be checked during the day if you want normal room service.

The Hang card works perfectly for breakfast but it must be out by a certain time during the night - the only time it will be looked for.

Wondering if we have paid for the soda package and order a soda with a room service food order - would we be charged again for the soda ??

Edited by kazda

Wondering if we have paid for the soda package and order a soda with a room service food order - would we be charged again for the soda ??

Yes, you will be charged for soda if you order through room service since they bring you a can. Your soda card is for fountain soda.

• 1 year later...
Also just in case you don't know u can view and order your room service right from the rctv in your stateroom

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Just for fun, we would order milk, cookies, the spinach dip, etc at might before bed. Loved room service.

I wish I had room service right now at my home. I dont want to have to cook dinner:mad: Shoot, I would walk to the WJ right now also:)

Ordering via the stateroom tv is not available on all ships, Splendour for example.