Disney Magic Character question.

AmbeeBee

Hey guys! I'm a first time cruiser and our family sets sail in 52 days! (wow...) I was just wondering what characters would be on the Magic. Is there a possibility of a Peter Pan or Mad Hatter photo opp?

Possibly Peter Pan, I've seen him onboard. I haven't seen Mad Hatter onboard (that's not to say he may or may not be there). It depends on the entertainment staffing what characters they have available.

:)

Thank so much! Also, are there only certain times that characters are seen, or do they pretty much roam around like they do at WDW?

Generally, they have specific locations they will be at, you need to check your daily Navigator for where and what time and who. Sometimes you can run into a character enroute to wherever they need to be and catch a quick photo.

Hey guys! I'm a first time cruiser and our family sets sail in 52 days! (wow...) I was just wondering what characters would be on the Magic. Is there a possibility of a Peter Pan or Mad Hatter photo opp?

I saw Peter and Wendy strolling about during one of the Princess gatherings. They were entertaining the line up. I don't think they had a scheduled time.

The Mad Hatter was only at the Tea with Alice. When I was on the Magic there were two teas held on the sea days. You need to get free tickets on boarding day. I believe tea is with the princesses on the new ships, I don't know if it's changed on the Magic.

All character times are posted. The princesses can be seen separately or together at the princess gathering, but there is always a wait for the gathering.

Other than the regular Disney gang, you might see Captain Hook and Smee, Lilo and Stitch, and Turk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I saw Peter and Wendy strolling about during one of the Princess gatherings. They were entertaining the line up. I don't think they had a scheduled time.

The Mad Hatter was only at the Tea with Alice. When I was on the Magic there were two teas held on the sea days. You need to get free tickets on boarding day. I believe tea is with the princesses on the new ships, I don't know if it's changed on the Magic.

All character times are posted. The princesses can be seen separately or together at the princess gathering, but there is always a wait for the gathering.

Other than the regular Disney gang, you might see Captain Hook and Smee, Lilo and Stitch, and Turk.

It's now called Tea with Disney Friends. It depends on which characters they have available to do it. It can be Alice, or Wendy, or princesses, or Minnie, or.....

No Jasmine? :(

No Jasmine? :(

For Princesses we saw Snow White, Cinderella and Belle. I heard princess Tiana was sailing the week before, but was busy with her new movie the week we sailed. I am looking for pics, but I think Sleeping Beauty was on our second cruise.

We saw Jasmine at WDW but not on the ship. I don't think she was part of any of the shows playing at the time. Arielle was in a show but not available on the ship.

On our Dream sailing last summer we saw so many characters! Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, Tiana, Snow White,, Peter Pan, Aladdin, Tinker Bell...on top of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Chip n Dale....etc!

Peter Pan normally shows up at least once during the cruise. He is one of the main characters in the final show (Dreams, I think??? can't remember. Must be the Mad cow....)

I do not remember seeing any of the Alice characters... And the princesses vary season to depending on who they have to play them...

I have seen Peter Pan on all of our Magic cruises at least once or twice. The Mad Hatter I've only seen at Tea with Alice (which you must sign up for the day you board if you want to do it-- free but you need reservations). Although on our last cruise, they didn't even offer tea with Alice, it was only with the princesses. I'm hoping they don't get rid of Alice altogether on the ship. My kids adored her!

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter LOVES the princesses. I hope we get to see a lot of them. She also likes Mickey and Minnie and Winnie the Pooh and his cohorts.

While you certainly will see several of the princesses, as well as Micky and Minnie, just an FYI for you - Pooh and his friends are not onboard. They are not Disney characters.

That being said, I believe there is a small Pooh sort of hidden somewhere on the Magic, I know there is on the Wonder. Ask at Guest Services. Maybe you could make it a game.

Pooh and his friends are not onboard. They are not Disney characters.

On board... I can't say for sure if I every saw them.

However not being Disney characters???? Then those pictures of me with Piglet, Pooh, and Tigger are figments of my imagination??? Crystal Palace Pooh Character Dinner????? :p

I am assuming that you actually meant "Not Disney Cruise-line Characters"...

My daughter LOVES the princesses. I hope we get to see a lot of them. She also likes Mickey and Minnie and Winnie the Pooh and his cohorts.

On my seven day cruise there were at least five (maybe more) "Meet the Princesses" photo opts, and we peaked into the kids club and they had a "Dance with the Princesses" party for the younger kids.

On board... I can't say for sure if I every saw them.

However not being Disney characters???? Then those pictures of me with Piglet, Pooh, and Tigger are figments of my imagination??? Crystal Palace Pooh Character Dinner????? :p

I am assuming that you actually meant "Not Disney Cruise-line Characters"...

Winnie the Pooh is owned by the A.A. Milne family. Disney paid for the rights to use the characters in film and at the parks.

Peter Pan was on the Magic when I sailed on her last week (April 13). Several princesses were there, including Cinderella, Snow White, and Tiana. There were only two appearances of the princesses as a group during this 7-night cruise, and my oh my, were the lines long!

DS (5) was most excited to see Pluto; until then, I didn't realize that he was even aware of his existence; he had never mentioned him. He also enjoyed seeing Goofy.

DD (3) was scared of the animal characters, but she loved the princesses. She also took to Jack Sparrow, which surprised me because she had never seen him nor heard of him before. Her favorite character is Tinker Bell, and I was disappointed that she was not aboard; but my little girl shrugged it off.

Archived