Pasta Demonstration

Hello, all. I have a quick question. I tried searching but I couldn't come up with an answer. When I was on Serenade, they had a pasta making demonstration. It was $10.00 and included a 4-course lunch in Portofino's. I was curious if this is common on other ships as well. I will be sailing on Freedom in September and I am really hoping that they will have this available. If any of you have been on Freedom recently and know that this normally takes place, I would be very happy to hear it.

I have raved about this to others and think that this was an event that was MORE than worth the expense. BTW...if any of you are on any other ships and they offer this (on Serenade it was on one of the flyers that they passed out when you boarded the ship), I would STRONGLY recommend this!!!

Thanks for your help and I hope you all have great cruises ahead!!!!!

We also did the pasta demonstration/lunch this past January on Serenade and loved it but that was the first time I'd heard of it. Our waiter at dinner the night before told us about it and signed us up. I'd definitely be interested in knowing if it was available on other ships too. :)

It was really informative and the lunch was great too! :D

I was on the Freedom in March 2011 and the class was offered. It was a nice class and a great lunch. Keep an eye out for the class in the Cruise Compass or inquire at Portifino's.

Thanks! You've given me a little hope :). I'll be sure to check at Portifino's upon boarding.

This was available on Freedom in June, 2011. My son, daughter-in-law, and I went and really enjoyed it. Plus, I thought it was a good deal!:D There was also paired wines available for an additional $10.

I didn't think it was advertised very well in the Cruise Compass. My son was the only one who noticed it.

Sherri:)

This was available on Freedom in June, 2011. My son, daughter-in-law, and I went and really enjoyed it. Plus, I thought it was a good deal!:D There was also paired wines available for an additional $10.

I didn't think it was advertised very well in the Cruise Compass. My son was the only one who noticed it.

Sherri:)

Thanks for the information. I really hope they have this on Freedom in September. I can't stress what a great deal it was!!!

We did this on Freedom in February. The chef, who was French, showed us how to make ravioli and had special ravioli trays and a special roller for the task. he showed us different kinds of fillings for the ravioli, even a dessert filling of chocolate! He showed how to cook the hand-filled ravioli and demonstarted different ways to wrap thhe raviloi.

Then we ate a lunch which was OK for what we paid. I think some different kinds of wine were offered also, for an additional price. Not alot of people were there. For one thing there isn't much capacity for a big crowd. There may have been twenty or twenty-five people.

Hello, all. I have a quick question. I tried searching but I couldn't come up with an answer. When I was on Serenade, they had a pasta making demonstration. It was $10.00 and included a 4-course lunch in Portofino's. I was curious if this is common on other ships as well. I will be sailing on Freedom in September and I am really hoping that they will have this available. If any of you have been on Freedom recently and know that this normally takes place, I would be very happy to hear it.

I have raved about this to others and think that this was an event that was MORE than worth the expense. BTW...if any of you are on any other ships and they offer this (on Serenade it was on one of the flyers that they passed out when you boarded the ship), I would STRONGLY recommend this!!!

I'm on Serenade in May and will definitely be looking for it. Thanks for the heads up!

We went to the pasta making class w/4 course lunch on the Freedom in October 2011. It was awesome and I would do it again in a minute!

What did they serve for lunch?

You had a choice of a couple of different options but I remember that I had the salad, Carpacchio Con Scaglie Di Parmigiano for an appetizer, a FANTASTIC ravioli for the main dish and Tiramisu for dessert. All was terrific!

I was on the FR last Oct and didnt hear about it.......too bad,sounds like a good deal.

Itreally wasn't advertised hardly at all. If it hadn't been for the flyer that a couple of employees were passing out when we boarded the ship I would have never known about it.

Itreally wasn't advertised hardly at all. If it hadn't been for the flyer that a couple of employees were passing out when we boarded the ship I would have never known about it.

Thanks for the heads up........if I ever get back to the FR,I'll check it out.

Our waiter on Serenade (Fernando) was the one who told us about it when we were at dinner the first night. It was scheduled for the next day and he offered to sign us up for it. If he hadn't mentioned it, we wouldn't have been there since we didn't see it advertised anywhere.

There were only five couples who attended but it sure was a great deal and the food was excellent. In addition to the salad, entree and dessert there was also a tray of canapes given to each table with about four or five different things to try.. crackers with duck and other different things. You got breadsticks and bread as well along with a balsamic vinaigrette to dip the bread in.

I'd definitely do it again if we ever have it offered on another sailing. It really was informative and we both enjoyed the whole presentation. :)

We just did this on our FOS cruise last week and loved it. My chef wannabe DD was able to assist Chef Eddy. :o Following demo, lunch was great: choice of appetizer, fresh pasta, their great tiramisu for dessert. Felt it was well worth the $10 pp.

We just did this on our FOS cruise last week and loved it. My chef wannabe DD was able to assist Chef Eddy. :o Following demo, lunch was great: choice of appetizer, fresh pasta, their great tiramisu for dessert. Felt it was well worth the $10 pp.

Where do you sign up? We will be on the Freedom soon and would love to do this!

Where do you sign up? We will be on the Freedom soon and would love to do this!

When I did this there were flyers being handed out with a number to call for reservations. If you don't see one of the flyers, I would suggest stopping by Portifinos to see of you could make reservations there as soon as you board the ship. Good luck!

When I did this there were flyers being handed out with a number to call for reservations. If you don't see one of the flyers, I would suggest stopping by Portifinos to see of you could make reservations there as soon as you board the ship. Good luck!

Thank you :D

Archived