Parking in San Diego

There are many parking lots near the port.

Google 'San Diego Airport Coupons'. With the coupon the rate is around $10/day. Check to see if any have monthly rates.

The dock and the airport are within sight of each other.

There is parking right across the street from the cruise terminal. However, your best bet may be to take advantage of a nearby hotel's "stay, park and cruise" package.

Most hotel packages won't cover 28 days. We've made it work by booking a 14 night stay on both ends, but some hotels only cover 7 days and charge extra for each additional night. Best bet - call the local number for the hotels and ask what they can do for you. It helps if you're a member of a hotel "frequent guest" program.

There is parking right across the street from the cruise terminal. However, your best bet may be to take advantage of a nearby hotel's "stay, park and cruise" package.

I am not sure the parking lot you are talking about still exists. The main one that used to be there is a construction site now.

You might be able to get the Holiday Inn parking lot through CheapAirportParking.org, otherwise look at Laurel Parking (http://www.laurelparking.com )

We are planning out our travel arrangements for our cruise out of San Diego in march 2013. We have discussed a road trip, but have no idea where to leave our car for 28 days . Open to suggestions

Thank you

Barbara

The cheapest parking lot I know of near the port is the Park & Go. You can book it on-line for $9 day instead of the regular price of $10. For 28 days though that will still be a lot of $$.

In Reno, NV we have a Hyatt Place Hotel near the airport. At this particular Hyatt you can leave your car for as many days as you like. In the past we have left our car for over 20 days with no problem. Their room + free parking rate is a little higher than the regular room rate (maybe $25+ more?). I think we may have paid about $120 for the night. They offer transportation to the airport and pick you up on your return.

You might check on-line to see if there is a Hyatt Place near the airport or cruise port and call to see if they offer a similar package.

Other hotels near our airport include free parking for up to 5 nights and then it is about $6 per additional night.

Hope this helps,

Molly

Most hotel packages won't cover 28 days. We've made it work by booking a 14 night stay on both ends, but some hotels only cover 7 days and charge extra for each additional night. Best bet - call the local number for the hotels and ask what they can do for you. It helps if you're a member of a hotel "frequent guest" program.

You are quite correct, I know some which only will cover 7 days so you end up paying for the extra days but it is usually at a discounted rate. The OP just has to do the math and see what works best for them. Here is a link to what they call "cruise friendly" hotels which I found quite useful recently.

http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/780

• 1 month later...

We have a recommendation for parking in San Diego. A-1 Self Storage - Downtown - San Diego. They stored our car for a month (inside, secure storage) for about $90. This included charging up our battery if needed. The customer service was fantastic. It is located about 7 blocks from the cruise terminal and they can see the ships when they pull in. We called them from the ship and they had the car ready for us when we arrived.

We have a recommendation for parking in San Diego. A-1 Self Storage - Downtown - San Diego. They stored our car for a month (inside, secure storage) for about $90. This included charging up our battery if needed. The customer service was fantastic. It is located about 7 blocks from the cruise terminal and they can see the ships when they pull in. We called them from the ship and they had the car ready for us when we arrived.

Hi Hayesworld!

May you be well.

We're going on the Statendam Panama cruise from San Diego Oct. 26 2012(back 11/23) & were wondering if you could give us more info on that A-1 place.

We live in AZ & would drive to San Diego for the 28 day cruise- intrigued by "inside, secure storage", would a Chrysler minivan fit in there?

keep on cruising! thanks.

Noumea

Here is the website for the A-1 Self-Storage location near the cruise port that includes long-term vehicle storage:

http://www.a1carstorage.com/

They do not provide a shuttle service, but you can walk there from the cruise ship terminal, or it would be a short cab ride.

A-1 is great, but I wouldn't/couldn't walk one mile with luggage for a one month trip.

http://g.co/maps/ugrgx

You are close to the airport so getting a cab shouldn't be that hard. I'd have a cab company number ready to call.

A-1 is great, but I wouldn't/couldn't walk one mile with luggage for a one month trip.

You are close to the airport so getting a cab shouldn't be that hard. I'd have a cab company number ready to call.

Best bet is to drop off the luggage at the dock. Your passenger(s) can stay there or get back in your car. Go to the parking, then either walk or take a cab back to the ship. Might as well free yourself of your luggage first.

Archived