Does Serenity area allow women to sunbath topless?

rydan

Ok so I must have read you wrong, it really did sound to me like you were saying people wanted to topless sunbath just to show off their "assets"

And I really believe most of the women wanting to sunbath topless are doing so to tan so their clothes won't show tan lines.

I over reacted to the burka comment and I'm sorry, the whole female

oppression thing is just horrible and I feel so bad for the women that have to live like this, and I probably took it too seriously.

Carole

LOL yes, you misread me or didn't go far enough back. I'm all for people sunbathing themselves however they want to. *I'm modest and stay out of the sun but that doesn't mean I think others should be like me.

Let it all hang out if you want:)

I know just about everything has been addressed and then some, but I just want to address the OP and some responses regarding not wanting to go topless in front of her kids. I think I understand the concern. (OP: correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't believe the OP thinks it's somehow wrong for her (or anyone else's) children to see "the girls", but I know that in the case of my sons, (and, for that matter, my daughters) at some point they would have been just mortified. For some reason, at a certain age, extreme modesty/overactive self-consciousness kicks in, and what parents wear, look like, or act like is suddenly of supreme importance and cause for embarrassment that is to be avoided at all cost.

Perhaps that is why the OP concerned with topless sunbathing with her kids around.

Just an FYI, we were cruising with our 18 year old son and 21 year old daughter and their friends. I informed them what I would be doing and where I would be located so they could avoid me and the embarrassment.

Since only my daughter and her beau were old enough to go up to Serenity they simply stuck to the other side, no harm, no foul.

If per chance some one's precious snowflake did wander up and saw my breasts, well they shouldn't have been up there is my thought. I figure if a man of God didn't have a problem with me tanning them then peace be with us all:p

Just an FYI, we were cruising with our 18 year old son and 21 year old daughter and their friends. I informed them what I would be doing and where I would be located so they could avoid me and the embarrassment.

Since only my daughter and her beau were old enough to go up to Serenity they simply stuck to the other side, no harm, no foul.

If per chance some one's precious snowflake did wander up and saw my breasts, well they shouldn't have been up there is my thought. I figure if a man of God didn't have a problem with me tanning them then peace be with us all:p

Are you talking about the old funnel deck tops optional or Serenity? Serenity has never been topless that I have known.

I think that both men and women can sun bath topless and bottomless. I don't remember seeing anything requiring shoes or hats. :D

I think it was discontinued because the dancers would hog all of the lounge chairs and there was no place for the men to sit and pretend to be reading. The men complained so the topless area was eliminated to free up more chairs for those men that wanted to utilize that deck to read. :rolleyes:

Plus with the larger ships passengers were probably complaining that they could view that deck from other ships while port. :eek:

And truthfull DaDiva if a kid saw "the girls" unless they are boys of a certain age,( which will be finding ANY and all pics he can of boobies )I truly think it's more mom that's gonna fall apart, the kids will probably not even pay attention to your baby feeders than to someone drinking a coke.

As far as the kids on the water slide, they are probably too interested in the slide and the excitment of that to look over at a sunbathing deck.

But for those that feel their children will be traumatized for life, please don't take them to the Costa Rican port, because they have a very traditional Indian tribe that is in tribal dress there, and the women do not wear any clothing on the breast area.

Of course if you think the child can withstand the horror of seeing the womans bodies, there is SO much culture and learning experiences here, I'd take any child in my family and call it education.

JMO, Carole

We have been to several AIs with our 2 boys. First time we took them, they were about 6 and 7. When the first topless woman walked by the older one said rather loudly - "Mom, that lady does not have a shirt on!".

Explained to him that was normal here. He said "Okay". And they were too busy having a great time to be even look up the rest of the week.

Maybe it was better that he was too busy, because these AIs had more than a fair share of 70 year old German women who did not use razors. Enough said.

I have no issues with topless sunbathing

If someone really has an issue doing this in front of their children in a public place...do it in private where the children aren`t

I have never seen this on a cruise...what the hell am I missing...lol

We have been to several AIs with our 2 boys. First time we took them, they were about 6 and 7. When the first topless woman walked by the older one said rather loudly - "Mom, that lady does not have a shirt on!".

I have to laugh, cause our first "family" trip was to FDR's in Jamaica- a real "family" AI, which was right next to a nude beach/resort. (which we didn't know when we booked) My girls were 4/7 at a time. We were sitting on the beach, watching them dig in the sand, when 2 guys walk buck naked out of the water. They came up to us, and began talking about where we were from, the weather, etc. The guys weren't doing it for shock value - they were just chatting. Their junk was swinging in the breeze, literally at my girl's head levels. After a few minutes, they said goodbye, and I asked my girls if they saw anything unusual. Neither of them noticed anything!:eek: DH and I still laugh to this day about how our kids were so innocent! (alas, they no longer are, at ages 21/24!)

I'm talking about Serenity. She asked about Serenity and I answered that on my last two cruises I had no issues going topless in the Serenity area and was in fact joined by many other ladies (stated in an earlier post)

There is nothing that says you can't sun topless. I was a frequent visitor to the Funnel deck and wondered myself about Serenity so I decided to try it out. No issues.

Gracious I may have over stated many but there were at least three right around me but no it was in no way a non traditional cruise. How rude of you to imply that. I clearly said I was cruising with MY FAMILY. I didn't even know the other ladies, I was simply answering a question posed by a another CC member.

Perhaps the other ladies were just comfortable when they saw someone else doing it...

Did you see the one's that look like little pirates ?? How cool.

To take them off, just put a layer of lotion over them and they will peel away without the "ouch" .

OK, how cool would it be for Carnival to start selling them with thier logo ??? Talk about advertising. !!!!!!!

;)

LOL, Thanks for tip...I will try that next time....

You may be on to something, Carnival pasties? Mmm...well I guess that would mean, yep, you guessed it, another Lido contest. Let's see, we could suggest "Twirling Tassels Contest", ???:eek:

That ought to put a cork in all the Hairy Chest Contest naysayers!!!;)

And the judges are????:p

Happy Twirling, I mean Sailing,

Gracious I may have over stated many but there were at least three right around me but no it was in no way a non traditional cruise. How rude of you to imply that. I clearly said I was cruising with MY FAMILY. I didn't even know the other ladies, I was simply answering a question posed by a another CC member.

Perhaps the other ladies were just comfortable when they saw someone else doing it...

It was not my intention to imply anything and I was not rude. You were very open about your experiences and so I asked a question based on the content of your posts.

But also flamed in the process. Snide and Snarky remarks were uncalled for.

The bad responses were from those who have no self confidence and think everyone wants to see boobs which is a joke in itself. Ccl got rid of the topless deck a few yrs ago when slides got higher on the list

The bad responses were from those who have no self confidence and think everyone wants to see boobs which is a joke in itself. Ccl got rid of the topless deck a few yrs ago when slides got higher on the list

I forgot to mention one of my friends growing up had man boobs bigger than the girls and he had to have a support to were shirts that fit. What makes this thrd funny is how long and the number of ideas rep. As far as kids they think nothing of it till older and our society has made them think diff. :)

I have no issues with seeing topless women. ;) The more the merrier.

But I think OP's question was quite charged and had an attitude of being ready to go on defensive. That's why she received some of the answers she received. And reading her follow up posts I am now pretty sure she did.

All for topless and there was a topless deck on Elation when I sailed her in '07. It was mainly dancers up there, and MY MOM:eek:. It was fine and I don't know why they d/c'd it as many ships that cater to a European market have them- it's not the end of the world :rolleyes:.

are you a nurse? just asking. :D

How about nursing women. Would the nay sayers object to a bare breast if it was being used as intended, to feed a baby.( yea I know, no one is paying to bring an infant onboard. But just suppose!:D)

How about nursing women. Would the nay sayers object to a bare breast if it was being used as intended, to feed a baby.( yea I know, no one is paying to bring an infant onboard. But just suppose!:D)

Can of worms opened!:D

I nursed all of my kids, in public but so discretely one would have to be looking very, very closely indeed to be aware of it, but I've heard on forums, inteviews, and the like, some people - women, even - declaring that nursing in public is "disgusting" and should be relegated to the bathroom where other "bodily functions" are performed. Jeesh.

Archived