Does NCL have an Upgrade Fairy?

clean1owner

With RCCL, if you are very lucky you will get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy and be rewarded a free cabin upgrade. As part of your online booking process, you can designate your upgrade preferences.

Does anyone know if NCL has their own Upgrade Fairy?

With RCCL, if you are very lucky you will get a visit from the Upgrade Fairy and be rewarded a free cabin upgrade. As part of your online booking process, you can designate your upgrade preferences.

Does anyone know if NCL has their own Upgrade Fairy?

Yes there is a fairy. Free upgrades are not so usual unless you either have booked GTY in a very popular category or prices drop after final payment and you ask for one yourself when the higher categorys price is same or lower than what you have already paid.

In very lucky situations the fairy calls about a week before departure and offers higher cat cabin for fraction of the actual cost and this is called "upsell", these calls are far and between but most that get the call are extremely happy cruisers. :)

We hope and pray for the upsell fairy to call before every cruise :)

I got the upsell fairy before my Hawaii cruise. Inside to a balcony! Couldnt have asked for a better cruise to be upsold on! :D

We were upsold from Mini-Suite to the family penthouse suite (used to be called an "AB" suite - can't remember what it is now). We've been hooked on the suite life ever since! Still holding out hope for our next sailing on the 21st! We're very happy with our current cabin... but would make our 10th anniversary so much more special if we got that call...

Yes there is a Up-Sell Fairy. On one Cruise they called my TA two weeks before my Cruise and offered me a Up-Sell from my Mini suite to a two Bedroom Penthouse Suite. Then one week before I was to leave they called my TA and offered me the Owners Suite. Of course I went for it. My last Cruise they offered me the Forward Penthouse for my AFT Penthouse and that Forward Penthouse was the best place to be for the Panama Canal. I think they start with the BAlconeys and the Mini Suites.:p:p:p

I understand that the upsell is "fraction" of the cost but like how much of a fraction? I booked a Balcony (cat BB) Is it like an extra $100 for the week? $500?

For us it was 300$. That was from inside to a balcony. Im figuring that was 150$ per person..

Just out of curiosity.... has anyone ever heard if NCL upgrade fairy upgrade passengers to the Garden Villas? We are booked in a DOS and dreaming "What if" we got the call from NCL. Hey, we can dream can't we? :D

Not too long ago somebody mentioned in another thread that their cruise sailed with both Garden Villas empty. So the passengers were offered tours of the Villas and one-night stays were auctioned off. I think the OP said the winning bids were somewhere between $500 and $1,000. Maybe this is their standard practice instead of upselling the Villas? I dunno.

Just out of curiosity.... has anyone ever heard if NCL upgrade fairy upgrade passengers to the Garden Villas? We are booked in a DOS and dreaming "What if" we got the call from NCL. Hey, we can dream can't we? :D

They did upsells to GVs but not anymore as they apparently got too many complaints from the ppl that paid the list rate and felt that their exclusivity was tampered with.

We got an upsell to a GV on the Star's Mexican Rivera cruise in 2009. We were originally in a balcony and paid to change to a forward suite. Then we received a call from the fairy with an offer for the GV about 2 weeks before our cruise. We were sailing with friends anyway and we jumped on the offer. The final cost was less than $1500pp. The experience was just amazing. It was our 1st suite and we've been hooked ever since. :D

Has anyone ever called NCL to see if an upsell was available?

You can have your TA call to see about an upgrade but the Up-sell Fairy got tired of everyone hogging up her lines and no longer accepts incoming calls for upsells.

I believe in the Upsell Fairy! We sail on the Epic TA Miami-Barcelona (11 days) on Saturday, and we got the call yesterday at dinnertime. We were offered an upgrade from our el cheapo inside cabin to a mini-suite for an additional $350. Thus we will enjoy an 11-day cruise for about $675 each when all is said and done. You can't stay at a Holiday Inn and eat at McDonalds for that.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of the Upsell Fairy and NCL!

I have never gotten "the call" but I am always happy to hear when someone else does! We are booked in a penthouse suite in the haven on the Epic for January 2014..maybe when the time comes we will get "the call" to upgrade to a Deluxe Owner's Suite..A girl can dream can't she? If we don't I will still be happy cruising in the Haven..it will be my first time!

• 2 weeks later...

Friends of us recently cruised on Norwegian Jade, they had booked 3 mini suites next to each other.

They checked in and then went for lunch, in the middle of their meal they were paged to contact guest services. When they did they offered them a free upgrade to Garden Villa 14'000.

At first they didn't even realize that the huge living room was part of the suite but thought that it's a shared lounge for all the suites or so. :-)

They even got the free limousine transfer to the airport at the end of the cruise.

• 1 year later...

I am bumping this OLLLLLLLLLLD thread because I oh so wish we'd get a call from the upsell fairy for our Nov. 9 cruise.

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa With Balcony.

17027 DECK 17

17025 DECK 17

17022 DECK 17

17020 DECK 17

17021 DECK 17

17019 DECK 17

17012 DECK 17

17013 DECK 17

17010 DECK 17

17003 DECK 17

17000 DECK 17

16031 DECK 16

16025 DECK 16

16023 DECK 16

16021 DECK 16

This many are still available. Yes, it's still 90 days out but I can dream. :)

I am bumping this OLLLLLLLLLLD thread because I oh so wish we'd get a call from the upsell fairy for our Nov. 9 cruise.

The Haven 2-bedroom Family Villa With Balcony.

This many are still available. Yes, it's still 90 days out but I can dream. :)

You have loads of time to dream. enjoy!