E-post cards

LaurieCM

We will be on the Coral Princess on Tuesday- I hear that you can send free e-post cards- Where is this available and is there a limit on how many you can send? We will be on the ship for 2 weeks and I'd like to send a message or 2 home, but don't really need to buy an internet package.

We will be on the Coral Princess on Tuesday- I hear that you can send free e-post cards- Where is this available and is there a limit on how many you can send? We will be on the ship for 2 weeks and I'd like to send a message or 2 home, but don't really need to buy an internet package.

Go to internet cafe, log into free Princess site and voila! You can send as many as you desire without ever buying anything.

Are these available only from the internet cafe or are they accessible using wifi? Thanks in advance.

Available on WIFI also. Just go to Princess.com without signing in to your onboard account.

The e-postcards are available in the internet area of the ship, through the Princess website. I've used the postcards to remind our airport ride of our arrival time at home.

Is this available on all Princess ships? We're going on the Ruby 4/15. Thx!

This is fun to do, they had 4 e-cards to choose from on our last cruise....you need to know your friends email address...as in .com vs .net and of course the other things that make e-mail addresses unique. As far as I could figure out, they did not send the email back to me when I made a mistake on that "dot" address thing.

And yes you do save minutes on your account to just tell folks you are fine and having a great cruise!

On the ship?

I have had no problem accessing Princess.com from my netbook on the ship.

Yes, it wouldn't work on the Pacific. I never tried it in February on the Grand, but I will make the attempt on the Diamond.

Does anyone know if sending the e-cards go someone puts them on a Princess email distribution list?

I sent a lot of e-cards during my November trip. No one told me they got any

email from Princess.

Sali

So, do the e-post cards get delivered or not??? I want to use at least one to remind my brother to pick us up when we get back.

Even though I send regular email, I know the cards I sent got through. My daughter thought it was the cutest thing.

On the ship?

I have had no problem accessing Princess.com from my netbook on the ship.

Recently on the Sapphire there was a problem accessing the free Princess website but no problems with sending e-cards.

They were aware of this situation which had been problem for several weeks & were seeking a solution. This problem affected everyone...those using the ship's computers or using personal Internet accessible devices. :(

Although it was possible to use all functions of the Princess website if you were signed in and using up valuable Internet minutes. :confused:

Yes the ecards got to the people I sent them to. However, I was asked if those people got email literature from Princess because of the addresses on the ecards I sent. My answer was no they didn't get the extra email from Princess but they DID get the ecards .

Sali

So, do the e-post cards get delivered or not??? I want to use at least one to remind my brother to pick us up when we get back.

They definitely get delivered. I used the e-postcards on the Emerald for a couple of days when they went through a WiFi upgrade and no one with an Apple device could log on. Unwilling to burn through internet minutes composing my daily "We're alive, trust you are the same" emails to my mom, I used the e-postcards for free. She's never mentioned getting mailings from Princess, but I wasn't sure...

Archived