Switching cabins after final payment?

Yes you can change cabins after final payment. The price difference they will give you in room credits they still keep what you paid to them already. Make sure you get new luggage tags.

Not sure what you mean by room credits but after final payment you get nothing except possible upgrade. OP just wants different room locations, same category.

Yes you can change cabins after final payment. The price difference they will give you in room credits they still keep what you paid to them already. Make sure you get new luggage tags.

You can change rooms within the same category at anytime with any price changes that may have occured not being a factor at all.

Ok say a category G was priced at $799.00 at the time of booking and you paid that off in full. A month late the price dropped to $599.00 same category but the cabin location you see is better for you and you want to change. The difference is $200.00 they can apply that to your room as credit that you can spend on the ship as you see fit. You have a $200.00 + plus credit to your room charges , that you have even before you sail.

After final payment, there are no credits given back to you. You can change room to another in the same category or you can upgrade to another category if that category has dropped to what you paid or you want to pay the difference but there are NO credits after final payment anymore.

nancronin

After final payment, there are no credits given back to you. You can change room to another in the same category or you can upgrade to another category if that category has dropped to what you paid or you want to pay the difference but there are NO credits after final payment anymore.

We just got one on our Freedom cruise with out a category change that is comming up.

This is not correct, after final payment, no refunds or onboard credits are given per rccl. I just checked.

This is per rccl:

If you read our Best Price Guarantee policy on our website, as of 05/17/11, we no longer do onboard credits, or refunds after final payment date.

Ok say a category G was priced at $799.00 at the time of booking and you paid that off in full. A month late the price dropped to $599.00 same category but the cabin location you see is better for you and you want to change. The difference is $200.00 they can apply that to your room as credit that you can spend on the ship as you see fit. You have a $200.00 + plus credit to your room charges , that you have even before you sail.

No OBC after final payment date.

correct

nancronin

We just got one on our Freedom cruise with out a category change that is comming up.

Were you after final payment date?

Yes after final payment We were in Rio at the time.

Sorry:confused: Not understanding what being in Rio has to do with getting OBC after final payment?

Are you US booking? If so and the final payment DATE has passed - you made final payment - your price dropped - I would check to be sure about that OBC cause according to the changes made in the last several years your not entitled to OBC with a price drop after final payment DATE.

Yes after final payment We were in Rio at the time.

After final payment or after final payment date???

Making final payment has nothing to do with the price drop policy, it´s the final payment date, set by the cruise line that matters.

It was NOT A U.S. Booking it was a Bazil Booking thru one of Rccl preps. in Rio in South America. I think that is where the confusion is . I guess they have a differen policy down there or something. Sorry to get everyone upset about this.

OK I see I can switch cabins to another in the same category, but what if the cabin is now higher priced than what I originally paid? Do I have to pay the difference?

As long as you stay in the same category you will not be charged more. I would suggest however to call to have it done. If you booked directly and try to do it on line it may apply the new price.

It was NOT A U.S. Booking it was a Bazil Booking thru one of Rccl preps. in Rio in South America. I think that is where the confusion is . I guess they have a differen policy down there or something. Sorry to get everyone upset about this.

So sorry - different rules in the US - no OBC - thanks for clarifying:)

OK I see I can switch cabins to another in the same category, but what if the cabin is now higher priced than what I originally paid? Do I have to pay the difference?

No you will not be charged

Archived