Good hotels at Port Canaveral?

Hey all. We are cruising out on the FOS on May 13th & have always stayed at the Radisson at the Port. The pool is great & we know the staff pretty well & have always enjoyed staying there in a 2 room suite with 2 king beds. Now we findout that room is no longer available for the cruise package & we would are looking to for some input for other options. The Residence Inn next to it looks nice but we haven't stayed there before. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. It is very good and highly recommended on this board. The Residence Inn is highly recommended, as well. You would be better off posting on the "Florida Departures" forum.

The Residence Inn is a very nice hotel. We like it better than the Radisson. We have stayed in the 2BR, 2 bathroom units as well as just the 1BR, 1 bath.

I think that you have to pay for the shuttle though. Sorry I can't remember for sure.

Rob & Beckys mom,

I think you are speaking of Ft Lauderdale, not Pt Canaveral.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. After I posted I wondered if I posted in the correct forum. I haven't posted alot on the site. Love the site though. It helps me get pumped for the cruise. Thanks again.

We enjoy staying at Embassy suites on 17th street. Free "managers special" from 5-7 (free booze!) & a great breakfast in the morning.

This is in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), not Port Canaveral which the OP asked about. (Although I agree that it's an excellent choice in that area! We had a wonderful experience there!)

This is in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), not Port Canaveral which the OP asked about. (Although I agree that it's an excellent choice in that area! We had a wonderful experience there!)

I love Embassy Suites. We stay there alot if we cut the drive into 2 days.

Well I know I am gonna be the odd ball out here, but I prefer to stay near the famous pier. I stay at the Holiday Inn Express for my cruises or just for a couple nights vacation. The rooms are clean, it's right next door to a little shopping plaza with a Publix and Beef o Brady's. Plus the hotel offers a small covered pool, buisness center, free breakfast with good food and the rooms have king or two queens with flat screen tv, mini refrig., coffee maker and if I remember correctly a microwave also. It has a traffic light to cross the street and the pier and beach is two blocks over. The pier on the weekend's is really hopping and is a great place to see the sunset and grab a drink. Oh and yes they do have a park and cruise package with a shuttle, but we always just drive as it's only 8min. to the terminal and we would rather walk off the ship to our car. :)

Last stay at this Holiday Inn Express- April 2011 and Sept. 2011

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. After I posted I wondered if I posted in the correct forum. I haven't posted alot on the site. Love the site though. It helps me get pumped for the cruise. Thanks again.

The mods will likely move it to the Florida Departures board because its not RCI specific so you might wanna look for it there if you leave the board for a while and come back. It will be showing as "moved" here in this forum.

To answer your question, any of the hotels next to the Port come highly recommended around here but I like to stay in Cocoa Beach myself. Its only abouit 5 miles south of the Port.

I got the "park and cruise" package at LaQuinta Inn North Atlantic Ave for 89.00. This will be my second time staying there. Its an older hotel but very nicely refurbished with a very friendly staff and a great breakfast. They also have an awesome Asian place and sushi bar on the premises.

We enjoy staying at Embassy suites on 17th street. Free "managers special" from 5-7 (free booze!) & a great breakfast in the morning.

This hotel is in Ft. Lauderdale not Cape Canaveral.

We too like to stay in Cocoa beach and find the extra 5 minute drive to the port is so worth the beach or near beach location. I never understood why it was so important to be the closest hotel to the ship.

We’ve had good experiences at the DoubleTree, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, La Quinta. We’ve stayed at the Radisson (once) because that was all I was reading on these boards. We stayed at the Quality Suites and will likely not return there. We also stayed at the Holiday Inn ( we got on priceline) and we will not return there either

Please see the “I work in Port Canaveral” thread on the Florida departure boards as it is LOADED with good info.

Enjoy

M

Stayed at the Courtyard last Fall there. Really nice place. Got the package that includes pickup from the Orlando airport, room, transfer to ship and transportation back to Orlando. Thought it was well worth the money and the hotel was in excellent condition.

Hey all. We are cruising out on the FOS on May 13th & have always stayed at the Radisson at the Port. The pool is great & we know the staff pretty well & have always enjoyed staying there in a 2 room suite with 2 king beds. Now we findout that room is no longer available for the cruise package & we would are looking to for some input for other options. The Residence Inn next to it looks nice but we haven't stayed there before. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If you are in fact sailing from Port Canaveral, my wife and I have stayed at the Ron-Jon Resort 5 minutes from the port. This is a time share that offers overnight stays. I'm not sure if they have availability or a minimum number of nights. Prices were reasonable when we stayed there. Nice pool and access to the beach which is a few hundred yards away. They have a web site. Look up RonJon resort

Tom

I never understood why it was so important to be the closest hotel to the ship.

Some people say because they like to wake up and see the ship. As early as i wake up on boarding day, that would only be torture to me! :p I actually love NOT being able to see the ship when I wake up and that excitement I get when I first can catch a glimpse as Im headed to the Port to park.

Im sure all the hotels close to the Port are nice but I just rather be where there is more happening. Cocoa Beach is a great place to stay pre cruise!

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard. The reason why was because I had a Marriott GC from CC points. We used Travelynx to get from the airport to the hotel and to the port the next day.

There is nothing wrong with the Marriott. It is a great place to stay. The only thing was that since we didnt have a car, we walked around and that was a pain. It wasnt too far to walk to the Surf Shop. It just was hot and we were tired.

What I would do differently next time is rent a car from the airport so we can drive to dinner and the beach for the evening, etc.

Fishlips is a great bar/restaurant at the Port. Great views of the ships coming and going. That is where the best Port Canaveral webcam is located. We took a cab there from the Courtyard and really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we booked the Residence Inn. Really looking forward to it as we have always stayed at the Radisson. Thanks for everyones help. We are also going to try Fishlips. We went to Rusty's last cruise & it was great so probably go there first night & Fishlips the second night. Thanks again everyone.

Archived