I'm back!

I'manewbie

I'm home sweet home! The house still doesn't have a 12th level with all you can eat delicious food and there is a boatload of laundry to do, but it feels great to be home. Hope to cruise with all of you in the near future!

so glad the rest of your trip was good! VERY rough start, but NCL was excellent as always in making up for their mistakes! there is always a silver lining:)

i told my mom about your trip, the day your first post was published, shes been asking about you, literally every day since, i cant wait to tell her the rest of the story.

thanks so much for keeping us updated

On our last port day - in Cozumel - the staff of the Star lined the gangway to greet the passengers back to the ship. There was music and laughter and a row of chefs wearing their tall hats spelling out W E C A N ' T S A I L W / O Y O U. I asked one of the staff if this happens every cruise and she said "No Madam' date=' this is the first time". I hope it won't be the last - it was a great way for NCL to show their appreciation and the staff seemed to be having a blast too.

[/quote']

When reading your other post, I kept thinking to myself, this lady is so composed and has so much determination and strength. I would have every emotion possible at that point from crying to mad at myself to throwing my hands up in the air and giving up. I commend you.

Then I had to chuckle when you kept talking about the big ass luggage you were hauling around. I felt so bad that no one bothered to help you and the way they treated you. :( But you finally let out the frustration. Good for you! :D

About coming back from the port with the staff lined up...this just happen to us as well, so it couldn't have been the "first time" they've done it. We were in Cozumel on the Pearl about 3 weeks ago and was along side of the Spirit and the same thing happened. The ships staff was lined up along with the chefs and their big hats, the music was playing loudly and everyone was dancing and giving us high-fives. It was AWESOME. It was the best feeling ever getting on the ship. I think they should ALWAYS do this in port getting back on the ship. If this is a tradition they are starting, I hope it continues!!! :p They were dancing with my 3 year old and playing with her. She loved it, but yet didn't know what to make of it. I video taped it but wish I would have taped walking all the way down it. It was amazing!

So glad you are back and it didn't divert you from cruising again. Hoping for many more "happy" sailings in your future! :)

Thanks for sharing your story. I admire your strength...you showed your kids that you can do anything -what an amazing inspiration to them! And to us!

I hope I'm not asking a duplicate question...did you have travel insurance? Did it pay for your flight to Belize? And just out of curiosity, how much did that ticket cost?

Welcome home!

We didn't have travel insurance though I doubt it would have helped. The ticket was $529 on American Airlines - we made the reservation on the laptop computer that the help desk had. The decision to buy the ticket was made in a flash. If we had gone the alternate route of me staying in Tampa (you'd have to calculate in hotel and meal $$) I don't think my husband and sons would have enjoyed a minute of their cruise. At least knowing I would arrive in Belize, they felt free to enjoy themselves. My big worry (and one the rest of the family was oblivious to since they did zero trip planning) was what would happen if there was rough water and the Star was unable to call on Belize - fortunately, it all worked out. In case you were wondering why i didn't fly to roatan - the help desk advised against it because i'd have to fly to the mainland of Hondourus and then find a way to get to roatan. They said it would not be safe for me to travel on the mainland - good to know.

What a great story and adventure you had. Glad all turned out good and you were able to enjoy some of your cruise. You are a testiment to all women to be strong and push on even when at the time it seems impossible. Thanks for sharing your story and glad all turned our well and you were able to enjoy your time with your family. I am traveling on the Star this coming weekend .

We didn't have travel insurance though I doubt it would have helped. The ticket was $529 on American Airlines - we made the reservation on the laptop computer that the help desk had. The decision to buy the ticket was made in a flash. If we had gone the alternate route of me staying in Tampa (you'd have to calculate in hotel and meal $$) I don't think my husband and sons would have enjoyed a minute of their cruise. At least knowing I would arrive in Belize' date=' they felt free to enjoy themselves. My big worry (and one the rest of the family was oblivious to since they did zero trip planning) was what would happen if there was rough water and the Star was unable to call on Belize - fortunately, it all worked out. In case you were wondering why i didn't fly to roatan - the help desk advised against it because i'd have to fly to the mainland of Hondourus and then find a way to get to roatan. They said it would not be safe for me to travel on the mainland - good to know.[/quote']

Thanks for the details. I'm so happy for you that it all worked out!

Archived