Do you bring your own beach towels?

jlk806

Or just use the ship ones? I know you can take one off the ship, but Im just wondering how many people just bring their own? We are doing a dolphin swim as a shore excursion and a beach day so we will definitely need towels while off the ship. Just wondering what all of you pro cruisers would do so I dont unnecessarily overpack (because I will do that anyhow:rolleyes:)

Or just use the ship ones? I know you can take one off the ship, but Im just wondering how many people just bring their own? We are doing a dolphin swim as a shore excursion and a beach day so we will definitely need towels while off the ship. Just wondering what all of you pro cruisers would do so I dont unnecessarily overpack (because I will do that anyhow:rolleyes:)

Use the ship towels! Pack a beach bag, and use the ship's towels. We did a dolphin swim excursion, and that worked really well for us.

Have a great trip.

I guess I am the odd one here, but we do bring our own if going to the beach. I buy the really inexpensive ones so I can toss them if want to.

Why do I do this? For one thing the ship's towels are really heavy and when they are wet they are even heavier. So I wouldn't want to lug them around the port the rest of the day. Secondly, I have seen the ship's towels left behind by others and if you don't return them to your cabin you will be charged for them. To me it is just easier to bring some cheap ones or old ones along.

While the poster above makes a good point about the weight and cost of losing one, I'd rather not take up the extra space and weight of bringing my own towels. I've always used the ship's towels. Besides, they are big and really absorbent.

I always bring my own beach towel on cruises -- I like having a second towel that is different from the cruise towels, so it's easy to spot while on deck or on excursions, rather than looking just like everyone else's towel.

That said, I'm only packing one towel for myself, so I can understand it being cumbersome to pack multiple towels for a large family.

Erin

The towels from Carnival are very thick and don't make for easy packing along to the beach.

We brought our own towels and used them for the pool areas and the beach. They were thinner and smaller, but did the job.

By having our own it pretty much guaranteed we wouldn't have someone walk off with our Carnival towel on the ship by the pool.

Plus we brought some clothes pins to clip the towels to the chairs on our balcony and let the warm sun and sea breeze dry the towels and bathing suits within a few hours.

If driving to port, I have a really thin towel with a pocket on the side I take with me for excursions. It fits much better into my small beach bag. If flying, I just use the ship towels, so I don't take up the space in my bag with towels.

At first we brought our own cheap towels but the humidity is so high they take a long time to dry. It's easier to let the cabin steward take the wet ones and bring back dry.

We tried the Towel Bags you can by on a lot of beaches, but you have to dump everything thing out of the bag to make it into a towel. They work well if you just need something to hold some sun screen and sunglasses, or to hold wet swim wear if you change before continuing your day in port. But they still need time to dry when you're back.

I bring cheap thin ones which take up no space or very little in our suitcase - I can only fit one or maybe two of Carnivals at the most in our beach bag as they are so nice and fluffy and heavy suckers. I use them around the ship but no way am I lugging those puppies off the ship.

Nope!!!! Just take care not to loose the ones provided:D

Ship's towels for us

We never have any qualms about losing them - there are plenty to be found just lying around the ship with no one around early in the morning!!

Why did you have to post that.

That is why I love chair hogs. Can always pick up a few extra to take on shore and not be worried about losing it. Now the secret is out. :D

I bring my own. It doubles as a blanket on my long flight since the airlines don't provide blankets anymore.

Also because taking the cruise one off the ship makes me a nervous wreck worrying that I will lose it and that's a lot of money to pay for an ugly towel that I have lost!!