Pre-dinner canapés

Astro Flyer

In a letter from Princess they say that "new this month" they will be offering Pre-dinner canapés "on sea days of select voyages"...has anyone experienced this yet?

It's offered "in featured bars between 5 p.m. & 8 p.m." with items such as Skewered Beef Yakitori, Puff Pastry & Blue Cheese Twists and Parmesan Bruschetta. It doesn't indicate whether these are complimentary or not however they would be an upgrade from the current bar snack options for a pre-dinner drink. :)

I sail later this month & it would be a nice option to have if my cruise is one of their "select voyages". ;)

In a letter from Princess they say that "new this month" they will be offering Pre-dinner canapés "on sea days of select voyages"...has anyone experienced this yet?

It's offered "in featured bars between 5 p.m. & 8 p.m." with items such as Skewered Beef Yakitori, Puff Pastry & Blue Cheese Twists and Parmesan Bruschetta. It doesn't indicate whether these are complimentary or not however they would be an upgrade from the current bar snack options for a pre-dinner drink. :)

I sail later this month & it would be a nice option to have if my cruise is one of their "select voyages". ;)

I wonder if this fare will also be served in the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge?

I hope they are better than the ones you get when you are in a suite.:mad:

I wonder if this fare will also be served in the Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge?

Based on their description it appears this may be different than during the daily Platinum/Elite/Suite cocktail party. We won't know the answer until somebody experiences it and posts on Cruise Critic.

If those in suites are as unappetizing as for elites on formal nights, they'll sound much better than they'll actually taste. Hopefully they'll be better & a nice addition to a Princess cruise. :)

We were in the atrium bar on deck 7 on the Star last month when they offered a hot canapé one night. I saw it only one night as we were there only because we were avoiding the Captain's Circle party. The other nights, we were in Skywalkers for the Platinum/Elite goodies. There were no hot hors d'oeuvres there.

We were in the atrium bar on deck 7 on the Star last month when they offered a hot canapé one night. I saw it only one night as we were there only because we were avoiding the Captain's Circle party. The other nights, we were in Skywalkers for the Platinum/Elite goodies. There were no hot hors d'oeuvres there.

Thanks, I'll check to see if it's offered on my cruise later this month.

We had these appetizers served to us on the Sapphire to Hawaii last Christmas. We would go to the Wheelhouse Bar everynight before dinner. I think it might have been a trial run. They were delicious and we looked forward each night to seeing what they were serving. We had each of the described appetizers over the course of two weeks.

I'll definitely check it out and let you know after our Ruby cruise next week!!

That would be nice to know because I don't know if my Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess at the end of month would be one of their "select voyages" or not.

Isn't that the truth. On a 4 day cruise it's ok - love the chocolate strawberries but after a week - no way and then on the longer cruises - you get to the point that you can't stomach looking at them anymore but I still like to order them because we usually have guests in for a drink and many love them. Certainly wish they would change them - love having a little something with my pre-dinner drink.

Maybe this is a way to boost drink sales. I wouldn't mind buying a drink to get a really good appetizer.

On the Coral in February, we were served hot, tasty appetizers - and offered refills - in both the Wheelhouse and Patisserie. It wasn't every night but I can't remember if it was only on sea days or not. There were no hot appetizers in the Elite Lounge on the evenings we were there.

Carol

On the Emerald a couple weeks ago, the Platinum/Elite/Suites cocktail hour in Skywalkers had really good appetizers and a great cheese tray every night. The guacamole dip was fabulous and was served with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese and tortilla chips on the side! It was better than our dinner that night. :D

On the Emerald a couple weeks ago, the Platinum/Elite/Suites cocktail hour in Skywalkers had really good appetizers and a great cheese tray every night. The guacamole dip was fabulous and was served with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese and tortilla chips on the side! It was better than our dinner that night. :D

Chips and dip being better than the dinner being served in the dining room. Shocking...

The only canapes I like are the chocolate covered strawberries or the ones that look like little tuxedos. The other ones just go straight in the trash. As an Elite passenger for a while now I always order the strawberries on formal nights. I was surprised when I first traveled the Ruby Princess that they are not on the list of deluxe canapes. Ok...what is higher then deluxe??

I must say that those canapes sound very appetizing. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived