Just off of Millennium!

AviGirl

Just returned from another great cruise… our first time on Millennium! We decided to hop on this 5 nighter last minute, we needed some downtime after having worked some really long hours on a special project for work and there's nothing more relaxing to us than a cruise on Celebrity. Our work has us very busy and travelling a total of 5 months a year so the opportunity to do nothing for several days is always very welcoming…

Millennium is a lovely ship… I consider her a classic ship. Dh and I both truly adore the S class ships but Millennium has a charm to her and I was glad to see her before the refurb. Yes, some updating is required but nothing stood out and kudos to her dedicated staff for keeping her as clean and lovely as possible.

Day one: April 2 we arrived at the Miami port approximately 1pm, check-in was flawless and our room was ready. We were in C2 on the 8th floor. It was perfect… slightly smaller balcony than we're use to, but still perfect. I spent some time in the ship's library and picked out two books. We took advantage of the 20% discount the first night and ate at Olympic - we were very impressed. The food was fabulous and the services was impeccable. DH and I prefer to eat at the specialty restaurants during our cruises and last December on Eclipse we ate one night at Murano… food was fabulous but we found the service to be overly snooty, however at Olympic we were greeted very warmly and it continued through-out the meal.

Day two: Sail day. While DH slept, I got up at 6am, walked several lapse's around the deck then went to the 7am stretch class in the gym... it would have been really nice if it was held somewhere outside but I still enjoyed the class. After, I went to the Aqua Spa Cafe for some Muesli (my favourite) then spent some time in Persian Gardens. I'm a big fan of PG and utilize it every cruise, however, I prefer PG on the S class ships… I really love the heated loungers with the big window. I did enjoy the Turkish Bath on Millennium though. After PG, I went swimming in the Solarium pool and read for a bit. This was my morning routine every day. Around 9:30 I'd go back to our room to wake dh up and off to breakfast. We attended the Captain Club's gathering as this was our first cruise as Select - a very nice touch, Celebrity! The rest of the day was lounging on the balcony until dinner. We ate dinner in the MDR and while there was nothing "wrong" with the food or service, we decided that we would prefer to eat our remaining dinners in Olympic and bought the 3 dinner package.

Day three: Roatan, Honduras. We stayed on the ship and relaxed. Dinner at Olympic didn't disappoint. I had the sea bass and dh had the lobster thermador.

Day four: Cozumel, Mexico. Dh and I love mexican food and couldn't pass up the opportunity to have lunch in Mexico. We stopped at a hotel just steps away from the pier and enjoyed the Mexican platter for two - way more food than we could finish but we did quite well considering :). Back on the ship and rested until dinner.

By this time, the staff at Olympic knew what we liked and made some special meals off the menu… when we arrived that evening, we had our regular table by the window waiting and didn't order a thing, they had it all prepared for us… seafood linguine for appetizer, the lobster bisque and chateaubriand for entree. All dishes were extraordinary!

Day five: Sail day. Relaxed all day, went to the brunch buffet, I finished the second book, we played some trivia and had a nap. They really outdid themselves at Olympic this evening. Again, we didn't order a thing… we sat down and they brought us a seafood salad, lobster bisque (had it every night - the best lobster bisque ever) and the most delicious a seafood plate as the entree! We absolutely adored the waiters at Olympic… Putu, Alexjandro & Bojan. They were kind, funny, professional, and such a joy. They completely spoiled us!!

Our room stewart Eddy and his assistant were wonderful… always with a smile, always willing to help. We've never had a bad cruise on Celebrity and have a cruise booked for December on Reflection!

After dinner each night dh and I would walk around the track on deck 11... it's something we do on every cruise but there were quite a bit of teens on this cruise who took over a couple of areas during the evenings... they were quite loud and rowdy which would take away from of the serene aspects of the evening walks.

We chose early disembarkation and was off the ship by 7:15 to catch our flight. Like I wrote earlier... just another great cruise on Celebrity! :)

Thank you for the great review, appreciate you posting your experience.

Did you by any chance have Glen from Mumbai as your server while you dined in the Olympic? We are doing a B2B in June and enjoyed Glen last year -- hoping he is there again for this upcoming cruise.

Karen

Thanks for the great review. We were on deck 8 in a C2 as well. Wonder if we saw you. We were on the port side 8065 and 8067 and had 3 kids with us!

Will get my review up soon. Thinking of making a photo slideshow to go along with it.

It was a great cruise, and we got so lucky with the weather!

THANK YOU for sharing your experiences! I agree that she is a lovely ship, as I was fortunate to spend 10-nights on her doing a B2B this past Nov/Dec. I would not hesitate to cruise her again even before she begins her Solsticization later this month.

For anyone who is interested here are some pictures I took during my short time on her:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57377062@N04/sets/

I am also embarking on April 16th for my 3rd Millennium trip and my first 5 day cruise. Was wondering which night is the formal night? I would assume the evening of the 17th or Tuesday, but I am not certain. David

hi Lisa,

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing trip (except for the teens but I guess that's a hazard of traveling during spring break right :o). We had a similar experience in Normandie - loved it so much that we ended up eating there 3 nights of 7!

Hope we get to meet sometime!

Thanks for your comments everyone... I know my review isn't as exciting as others who were more active but we really had a wonderful time relaxing! I am now fighting a headcold that started two days ago but I'll blame the woman couldn't stop caughing behind me on the plane. :rolleyes:

Italy52: No… never met Glen from Mumbai but Putu, Alexjandro & Bojan were fantastic! Lucky you… enjoy your b2b in June!

Cruiser82: You will love it!

CarolinaMamma: I do remember you and your family… we were just a few doors down in 8076! You have two boys and a girl, right? Would love to see your photos… this is the first cruise that I never took any.

Bigred08046: Yes, the refurb will be completed by then. We are considering Alaska in September… I would love to see the changes they made.

dmwnc1959: Thanks so much for the photos!!

VoyagerII: Yes, the formal night was the Tuesday (the first sea day).

librarylady19: Hi Sandy! I was a wonderful break, thanks. I have a good feeling that we will meet one day… our cruise schedules are too similar not to. :) Are you cruising this Dec?

Phxazzcruisers: We really lucked out with weather, didn't we? I would love to read your review when you come back from the wine cruise next month!!

Hi! We're leaving tomorow morning on the 4-night! Looking forward to just relaxing this cruise too. We just got done with a very busy season here at work, and we're celebrating our anniversary a month late.

I'm so glad you mentioned the Muesli! It's my favorite too, and I'm happy to know where to find it!

Do you remember the name of the hotel where you shared the platter? We're not going to do a lot of exploring in Cozumel this time, but would like to find a place close to the ship with good food for dinner.

Thanks for your review! :)

Bigred08046: Yes, the refurb will be completed by then. We are considering Alaska in September… I would love to see the changes they made.

Come and join us on the 7th. I'm really looking forward to it :D

Hi! We're leaving tomorow morning on the 4-night! Looking forward to just relaxing this cruise too. We just got done with a very busy season here at work, and we're celebrating our anniversary a month late.

I'm so glad you mentioned the Muesli! It's my favorite too, and I'm happy to know where to find it!

Do you remember the name of the hotel where you shared the platter? We're not going to do a lot of exploring in Cozumel this time, but would like to find a place close to the ship with good food for dinner.

Thanks for your review! :)

I'm excited for you Rhonda! That's so funny because we were celebrating our anniversary a month late too!

The Muesli... Oh, I could eat that stuff all day! I tried making it at home a few times but there's no muesli like Celebrity's muesli! lol They also have it in the main breakfast buffet.

I don't remember the name of the hotel but it's right off the pier, you can't miss it. It's a big white building. You can even see it from the ship... the patio where we had lunch looks like a big hut. The mexican patter we order was about $40.00 and way more food than we could eat... but really good food!

Come and join us on the 7th. I'm really looking forward to it :D

Oh I wish, I wish, I wish we could!

Archived