Upgrade fairy struck this afternoon

Keep your fingers and toes crossed.....family members had an obstructed OV on Crown in May and were upgraded to a BB Carib balcony!! What an upgrade!!!! :D:D

That's awesome! I'd be happy if they'd just bump me up to something with a window...hahaha.

So, what's the time line for the fairy's appearance? is it not a bit TOO early for her to be making the rounds?

Over at the roll call there's like 5 posters total so we will all get upgraded to our own dining rooms (staterooms are so 1990's :))

So, what's the time line for the fairy's appearance? is it not a bit TOO early for her to be making the rounds?

Over at the roll call there's like 5 posters total so we will all get upgraded to our own dining rooms (staterooms are so 1990's :))

On our upcoming cruise, we just passed the 60-day-out mark last week, the deadline for paying in full and/or canceling without losing more of your deposit. My guess is, this sailing date hasn't been selling as well, so they're bumping people to higher categories within the same cabin type, so they can then run sales on the lower category rooms to try and fill the ship.

I really wish I could get an upgrade. I have to get a handicapped cabin, so I'm checked "no upgrade". Too bad one can't get a handicapped guarantee; so I might end up in an accessible balcony. But I really am satisfied with the ocean view cabin that I can get.

That certainly would be nice. How are you enjoying all this wild weather?

Yeah, me neither really, and it's not like it's a better or bigger cabin...but I think it's just a psychological 'win' to get an email saying you've been upgraded a couple of categories. lol

I actually prefer being on a higher deck. I have been on Aloha before and I think it is my favorite deck.

I actually prefer being on a higher deck. I have been on Aloha before and I think it is my favorite deck.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I can see certain perks of being on higher decks. We've never been picky about where we are on the ship anyway, just get me on the boat! But out of curiosity, what do YOU like about being on a higher deck?

Yeah, the more I think about it, I can see certain perks of being on higher decks. We've never been picky about where we are on the ship anyway, just get me on the boat! But out of curiosity, what do YOU like about being on a higher deck?

I like the quick, easy access to the buffet for that first coffee of the morning. Also the close proximity of the upper open decks for viewing the sail in and out of ports. :)

We're in an obstructed OV :eek: on the Star in June 17 and I have seen no sightings of the fairy yet. Maybe if we lose a few lifeboats/tenders (who needs them in Alaska anyway we can swim to shore :p) otherwise...

I had an obstructed OV for Alaska in July a couple years ago and loved it! All my family had balconies, of which I joined them on... but it was so dang cold that year!!! You could be outside no longer than 8-10 minutes before running back in to warm up for 20 minutes. I guess we didn't get good weather.

I am on the Star for an Alaskan cruise in June. I had an inside cabin on the Plaza. She still kept my in an inside but 7 decks higher.....to Aloha. I am very happy with this one. This makes 3/5 cruises I have been upgraded. I wonder if being a single fare as anything to do with it?

I would think that your experience of getting upgrades has more to do with your original booking cabin location. When Princess offers last minute low price fares they are using lower category cabins and move folks up to unfilled higher category cabins to make openings.

I really don't know but I just like being higher deck. I do think it is quieter.

I am on the Star for an Alaskan cruise in June. I had an inside cabin on the Plaza. She still kept my in an inside but 7 decks higher.....to Aloha. I am very happy with this one. This makes 3/5 cruises I have been upgraded. I wonder if being a single fare as anything to do with it?

Congrats! Lucky you! I hope I get an upgrade too.

Archived