Is this going to be a problem?

MicheMommy

I was just filling out our online checkin for our upcoming cruise, and realized that I had listed DH's name as his shortened "nickname" (you know, like Phil instead of Phillip or John instead of Johnathan) when I made the bookings. I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem for NCL or not since his passport and DL both list his full name? If it is, will they let me change it if I call in?

Thanks for any help!

I was just filling out our online checkin for our upcoming cruise, and realized that I had listed DH's name as his shortened "nickname" (you know, like Phil instead of Phillip or John instead of Johnathan) when I made the bookings. I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem for NCL or not since his passport and DL both list his full name? If it is, will they let me change it if I call in?

Thanks for any help!

If you booked through a travel agent, they will have to make the change for you.

Thanks steamboats. I actually did screw up when I originally booked the flights - I forgot to put his middle name and it's listed on his DL. :P Luckily, I noticed as I was clicking that final submit button (you know, 1 second too late). I was able to call in and get it taken care of since I called w/in 24 hours of the booking. Otherwise I would have had to pay a $100 change fee just to add his middle name! Seriously, maybe I shouldn't be in charge of booking things. :P

And I did call NCL and they changed it on the cruise docs right away so all is well.

Names should always match to a T.

DH just got the business at SeaTac airport. He showed them 2 photo id's as well as his face. They all matched. Surprise! But he doesn't use his first name, just the initial, which is how the ticket was written.

Passport has all three names spelled out. It took 2 TSA guys to decide if he was who he said he was! They just weren't sure -- is it him or not?? If they only knew how stupid they look when they do these things. They were even using the little eyeglass thingy to check for a forgery. Good Grief! :D:D:D

Archived