Water at Dinner

hawkers

Please help. We have only cruised on Princess where unlimited iced tap water is served at dinner. Is the same available on Celebrity? We are looking at booking a Meditteranean cruise in 2013 and wondering if only specialty water is available. I do see that drink packages include these but would like to know if tap water is readily available. Thanks in advance.

Please help. We have only cruised on Princess where unlimited iced tap water is served at dinner. Is the same available on Celebrity? We are looking at booking a Meditteranean cruise in 2013 and wondering if only specialty water is available. I do see that drink packages include these but would like to know if tap water is readily available. Thanks in advance.

There will be plenty of water for your table, of course you can still order Specialty water. Mic:D

The water is good. It includes ice. No need for bottled water unless you really love it. I have my cabin steward/butler fill my water container daily with ice water. There is also a nice pitcher in each cabin which is filled often. You can get ice water at all meals and at any bar....no charge. Enjoy!!

Ice water or ice tea are served free of charge.

Do you know if drinks other than iced tea are complimentary at dinner? On other cruise lines there was lemonade available and I like to have that at dinner with the water when available. Thanks!

I wouldn't do that. They have enough to do without running around to get punch and lemonade just for me. That would just throw off the service for everyone else.

It is not a problem, they will send an assistant waiter. They are HAPPY to do anything for you to make your voyage special. I have seen them bring lemonaide for several people in the MDR. Please do not be shy. They want your trip to be special

Believe me I'm not shy. We've have almost 70 cruise credits with Celebrity and know that the dining room staff is really stretched now and I wouldn't consider taking an assistant waiter out of the dining room to fetch something from the buffet. It would be a detriment to all the other diners' service.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start any drama with my question. I think it was either Royal Caribbean or Carnival that had pitchers of lemonade in the dining room so I assumed it was something they prepared there and didn't have to make a special trip to the buffet to get. If that's not how it is on X I may not ask them for it.

If you know that each night you would like lemonade, one way is to tell the server right away the first night -- from then on, the assistant can make the run up to the buffet ahead of the beginning of the dinner service and the lemonade will be on the table waiting for you. He or she will probably bring down two glasses, so you'll be able to quickly get a refill. That shouldn't interrupt any other duties the assistant would have. The same goes for any "standing order" -- ask on the first night for iced tea to be ready for you each night, or a cup of coffee with dinner as opposed to after dinner. The more they know about what you want, the easier it will be for them to fulfill your wishes and make your dinner memorable, which is their goal.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to start any drama with my question. I think it was either Royal Caribbean or Carnival that had pitchers of lemonade in the dining room so I assumed it was something they prepared there and didn't have to make a special trip to the buffet to get. If that's not how it is on X I may not ask them for it.

No drama. It is really not a big deal for them. I know some of the wait staff from many of our cruises and it is absolutely not a problem for them.

Please do not hesitate to ask.

Archived