How to get to Versailles

marcb71a

It's very easy to do it on your own (and much cheaper). Go into a Metro/RER (subway) station and take the RER "C" train to the Versailles-Rive Gauche station (you'll need a Zone 4 ticket). From the Versailles-Rive Gauche station it's about a five minute walk to the palace. It's beem a couple of years, but as I recall the fare was less than 4 Euros.

It's very easy to do it on your own (and much cheaper). Go into a Metro/RER (subway) station and take the RER "C" train to the Versailles-Rive Gauche station (you'll need a Zone 4 ticket). From the Versailles-Rive Gauche station it's about a five minute walk to the palace. It's beem a couple of years, but as I recall the fare was less than 4 Euros.

Ditto, that is how we got to Versailles. You could get a guide which has the advantage of pointing out lots of interesting tidbits. We used Rick Steve's audio tour and thought it did a pretty good job (and it is free :p).

You can get a train directly from Montparnasse Station to Versailles. Just watch which train you take. We ended up on a milk run going (by mistake) and a much faster one to come back.

Very, very easy to do on your own.

Easy to do on your own. If you are going in the summer when there a crowds, go early. We also bought our tickets in a travel agency opposite the train station in Versailles which saved on one queue when we actually got to the palace. I also seem to recall that it would have been useful to buy the return train ticket when we arrived rather than waiting until the end of the day when the train station was packed.

I would love to go again.

Archived