Live from the Crown

RhondaPerr

We are just leaving Curacao in route for Aruba! It seems there are passengers missing! Tonight is dancing under the stars! I made a comment on my last cruise, that the day I got upgraded to the Penthouse Suite I would join the Pop Choir so singing I am lol! I think it would be bad karma not to :). Love the Penthouse, especially the huge completely private balcony! There has been some choppy Water, But not enough to get sea sick! Food has been very good! Love breakfast in Sabatinis for Suites! The Sanctuary was worth every dime! Not having to fight for a chair has been wonderful! Good shows, beautiful weather, terrible internet! The staff in the Sanctuary make you feel so spoiled!

More later!

We are just leaving Curacao in route for Aruba! It seems there are passengers missing! Tonight is dancing under the stars! I made a comment on my last cruise, that the day I got upgraded to the Penthouse Suite I would join the Pop Choir so singing I am lol! I think it would be bad karma not to :). Love the Penthouse, especially the huge completely private balcony! There has been some choppy Water, But not enough to get sea sick! Food has been very good! Love breakfast in Sabatinis for Suites! The Sanctuary was worth every dime! Not having to fight for a chair has been wonderful! Good shows, beautiful weather, terrible internet! The staff in the Sanctuary make you feel so spoiled!

More later!

Thanks so much for the update!! Can't wait for our turn!

Kim

More later!

we are also booked in a penthouse in a couple weeks on the crown and were curious as to what time you got to the sanctuary to book it and was it crowded? also any more about the penthouse since i really could`nt find any good pics on any sites. thanks and have a great time. did you mean passengers missed the ship?

I have some pictures but Internet is really slow! Will post them when I get back! You will like the Penthouse Suite! You do feel more movement though being in the back of the ship! We got to the port around 11 and waited about an hour to board, and then went directly to the Sanctuary! We have used it every day since we have late seating!

Yes, last night they were paging people in the cabins not sure what the outcome was! We are pulling into Aruba now! The other great perk is breakfast in Sabatinis for Suites! Where we are heading now! :)

we are also booked in a penthouse in a couple weeks on the crown and were curious as to what time you got to the sanctuary to book it and was it crowded? also any more about the penthouse since i really could`nt find any good pics on any sites. thanks and have a great time. did you mean passengers missed the ship?

Thanks Rhonda for the updates from the Crown - we sail in 10 days!!

Can you tell me if they are offering Zumba on sea days??? Also, what about warm canapes in the lounges before dinner - are those being served?? There were some reports here on cc that they were trying this out.

Thanks again & enjoy those sea days!:D

Can you tell me if they are offering Zumba on sea days??? Also, what about warm canapes in the lounges before dinner - are those being served?? There were some reports here on cc that they were trying this out.

We were on the Crown March 31-April 7 sailing and I can tell you that they were offering Zumba on sea days; I believe it was at 9 a.m at one of the pools (did not love having a room right below the Lido deck on those mornings, lol).

They didn't have Zumba in the beginning of March on the Crown so I guess they just started it. It was on the Emerald last Nov.

Ok have to be quick before Internet fades out again! No sign of Noro! Zumba just about every day! They also have Ballywood but we have not tried it! Shows are longer than 30 minutes! Do not know about the hot appetizers, we have not made it upstairs yet! They left 4 young ladies in our last port. People said they saw them screaming and running but the ship had waited a good amount of time!

Incredible weather in Aruba, did the lighthouse and beach tour! Be warned if you do that make sure you have aqua shoes! The bottom has sharp coral and rocks! While we were having breakfast in Sabatinis the Captain walked in and sat at a table nearby! We have not eaten in Horizion Court at all! The Sanctuary will serve lunch for $3.00 service charge!

Now it's 2 days at sea!

Ok have to be quick before Internet fades out again! No sign of Noro! Zumba just about every day! They also have Ballywood but we have not tried it! Shows are longer than 30 minutes! Do not know about the hot appetizers, we have not made it upstairs yet! They left 4 young ladies in our last port. People said they saw them screaming and running but the ship had waited a good amount of time!

Incredible weather in Aruba, did the lighthouse and beach tour! Be warned if you do that make sure you have aqua shoes! The bottom has sharp coral and rocks! While we were having breakfast in Sabatinis the Captain walked in and sat at a table nearby! We have not eaten in Horizion Court at all! The Sanctuary will serve lunch for $3.00 service charge!

Now it's 2 days at sea!

Enjoy your sea days :)

Srpilo

Andrea, I was just reading the posts and noticed yours since we are on the same sailing. I do like they had Zumba on the Crown but not happy about the location. In November on the Emerald we had Zumba 4 out of the 10 days. The first day was at 9 on the upperdeck by the pool. Not good. We were in the very hot sun and everybody looked like they were having a heart attack. ( and I do zumba all the time ). We complained and it was moved to the atrium. Too crowded for the small space. Then we were moved to Club Fusion which was the best. Then they moved us back to outside by the pool. Club Fusion was available all 4 days, so for zumba to be moved all over the ship was not right.

Sali

Internet is going to drive me bonkers! Curaçao is very pretty! It has been built up a lot since I was first there! We did not take any tours, walked to the main part which was ten minutes from the ship and did some window shopping! We did not find the people very friendly! Some people we spoke to were less than thrilled with their tours!

Rhonda enjoying your live review, just a few questions, was the dining room open for lunch on the first day and was it open for lunch before getting into Curacuoa(?). Are you doing Anytime Dining if so how long is the wait time for around 7-7:30 pm?

Sorry can not answer your questions! We did not eat lunch till we came back! We have been eating in the Sanctuary! We looked for an open dining room when we boarded and were told Horizion Court! We are traditional late seating so have no idea about anytime!

Rhonda enjoying your live review, just a few questions, was the dining room open for lunch on the first day and was it open for lunch before getting into Curacuoa(?). Are you doing Anytime Dining if so how long is the wait time for around 7-7:30 pm?

We were on the Crown last week. We had no waits at all for Anytime Dining.

Love sea days but too many choices! First breakfast, then the hypnotist is doing a relaxation seminar, then pop choir, then sanctuary, or dancing or exercise, maybe a massage, Captains Party, MUTS! OMG! It's very stressful deciding lol! Oh and then lunch....Do I want to exert myself and walk down to the International Cafe? Perhaps I should lie down and think about it

Ok here is the scoop! You can book it for the week, but you need to go immediately there or you will get aced out! People lined up at 6:30 am this morning to try to get in for the day! The secret is definitely out and I think the race to get in is going to get tougher! I talked to a supervisor who told me he did not know of any policy changes any time soon!

Archived