P&O Cruises (Au) Launches Papua New Guinea Cruises!

This has already been posted over on the P&O Cruises ( Australia ) forum, but I know not everyone checks that forum, so I thought it would not do any harm in posting this here as well...

P&O Cruises Launches First Dedicated Papua New Guinea Cruises

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

P&O Cruises has added exotic Papua New Guinea to its great range of Pacific destinations, with the cruise line announcing new cruises visiting the remote islands and towns of spectacular Milne Bay.

In a first for P&O Cruises, Papua New Guinea will feature in two dedicated itineraries, with Pacific Dawn sailing from Brisbane to the turquoise waters of Milne Bay, where it will visit the local capital Alotau as well as the beautiful white sand beaches of Doini Island and the culturally-rich Trobriand Islands, also known as the Islands of Love, along the northern straits of the Bay.

Read More ......

Source: Cruise Industry News

Whooooo! about time for some new ports of call! :D, maybe a good excuse to try the Pacific Dawn!

This has already been posted over on the P&O Cruises ( Australia ) forum, but I know not everyone checks that forum, so I thought it would not do any harm in posting this here as well...

Whooooo! about time for some new ports of call! :D, maybe a good excuse to try the Pacific Dawn!

PNG could certainly benefit from the tourism dollars. We've been crying out for new itineraries...maybe include the Solomon Islands as well?

Lovely to see new itineraries to Papua New Guinea, which holds a unique fascination for many Australians.

"A highlight of the new 2013-14 program, the Papua New Guinea sailings are priced from $1049* per person quad share for a nine-night cruise, with the maiden cruise to Milne Bay in October 2013 timed to coincide with the sacred Canoe and Kundu Festival where local communities compete in canoe races, costume display and cultural performances.

The short break cruises start from $529 per person quad share for a three-night cruise from Sydney."

Noticed prices still quoted pp quad share -

$1049 x 4 for 9 nights

$529 pp x 4 for 3 nights

I haven't noticed prices quoted per quad share anywhere else in the world.

Why do you think Carnival Australia quotes prices per quad share in Australia?

Lovely to see new itineraries to Papua New Guinea, which holds a unique fascination for many Australians.

"A highlight of the new 2013-14 program, the Papua New Guinea sailings are priced from $1049* per person quad share for a nine-night cruise, with the maiden cruise to Milne Bay in October 2013 timed to coincide with the sacred Canoe and Kundu Festival where local communities compete in canoe races, costume display and cultural performances.

The short break cruises start from $529 per person quad share for a three-night cruise from Sydney."

Noticed prices still quoted pp quad share -

$1049 x 4 for 9 nights

$529 pp x 4 for 3 nights

I haven't noticed prices quoted per quad share anywhere else in the world.

Why do you think Carnival Australia quotes prices per quad share in Australia?

do you have a link to where you got these prices from please?

• 2 years later...

Hi do you know of anyone that has been on a PNG cruise regards kathy

Hi do you know of anyone that has been on a PNG cruise regards kathy

Yep, I know "bazzaw" and a few other have done the PNG cruise. (if you do a search of this forum, you should be able to find a few posts on PNG.)