Sea Princess has MUTS

can786

Well. My kids are excited about it - holidays are about kids - and Princess is supposed to be the most family-friendly line. So I'm chilled....

Well, at one time, in the not too distant past, Princess limited the number of kids onboard. So, yes, they are now trying to attract families. This is another discussion that comes up with every MUTS thread. Some of us that have cruised Princess, and others, before they all started trying to attract families, liked things as they were! Holidays are NOT just about kids! :eek: I seldom travel with kids on a cruise, and would prefer there not to be an over-abundance of kids on my sailings! Again, I like kids, have grown ones, and grandkids. I've enjoyed cruising and vacationing with them. I don't want to everytime, so prefer it to be quieter when we go with adults only. Pretty simple! :)

I have to say, there were 600 kids on my last cruise, stupidly (on my part!)taken during spring break. They were well behaved, no problems, and it was a great cruise. I would choose not to take that chance again! :D

Well. My kids are excited about it - holidays are about kids - and Princess is supposed to be the most family-friendly line. So I'm chilled....

Holidays are about kids??? Who said so?? And as for Princess being the "most family-friendly line" I would have my doubts on that one!

Bob, thanks for reply and quote. I enjoyed them and agree there does need to be a balance.. I do find it interesting that you used on-board E-mail on 12/30/04 to" Check in From the Grand" .....Maybe after you watched a movie on MUTS...Looks like you tried but were not able to escape completely as you mentioned.

Sharke_boy...you should change your name to Sleuth_boy, or PI_ Boy. LOL

Bob, thanks for reply and quote. I enjoyed them and agree there does need to be a balance.. I do find it interesting that you used on-board E-mail on 12/30/04 to" Check in From the Grand" .....Maybe after you watched a movie on MUTS...Looks like you tried but were not able to escape completely as you mentioned.

I gotta have my Cruise Critic and coffee! :) I usually like a smoke with my coffee but that might ruin someone's vacation.

Hmm, wonder if the internet was used with the brain working or NOT working:D

Working better than the one used to make that statement.

It's a reference to Hitchikers' Guide to the Galaxy, which incidentally opens tonight. (Yay!) One of the themes of the story is humankinds' love of pointless technology - at the time it was written it was digital watches, but, you know, advances have been made. I'd expect that today Mr. Adams would have much to say about cell phones.

I gotta have my Cruise Critic and coffee! :) I usually like a smoke with my coffee but that might ruin someone's vacation.

You're right Spongerob...smoking next to me would ruin my vacation. So I would much prefer you to have CC with your coffee. Thanks!

According to today's Cruise News Daily, the Sea Princess has left dry dock in preparation for her first voyage as the newly renamed Sea Princess, complete with MUTS. It doesn't say anything about the exact placement or how it looks.

Like rock climbing walls are now on all Royal Caribbean ships, Movies Under The Stars will be on all Princess ships? Is that true?

I am not very interested in MUTS but then again do not attend the stage shows either. MUTS wouldn't really bother me or not bother me...I would most likely just tune it out. However I must say, if the seas were particularly rough a viewing of something like Das Boot could be quite exciting!!!

I have a little bowl on my desk with a sign that says "Have a valium, Take a valium"

Everyone take a deep breath.

Barry

Why? I'm tired of being told to, "Chill out, a day of cruising is better than a day at work." This is my money I'm spending, in exchange for a high quality vacation. If Princess thinks that playing movies during the day and night complete with sub-woofer thumps can replace improving staff-to-passengers levels, food quality, and overall value from their upwardly mobile pricing, they've got another thing coming, at least as far as my vacation dollars are concerned. I don't mind that MUTS is put in place on ships designed to appeal to the entry-level cruisers or cross-overs from other mass market lines, but when you take a great ship like Sea Princess and put a feature on board that is objectionable to many of those who appreciate that class of ship and style of cruising she is known for, it is time to make a strong statement.

Princess execs, it stops here, or I do. I've got a good 40 years of cruising left in me - more if I'm lucky. And I can afford to do it in style. Do you value my business - or do you want those who can't afford Disney? Your call.

I haven't experienced MUTS-yet. We are on the Sea Princess in November and I'm not looking forward to being bombarded with noise and video day and night. How do I know I won't like it? Well, I haven't eaten worms but I know I don't like them either.

One of the best things about cruising is the the ability to just sit on deck and read a book near the pool. I love the Sun class ships, but there isn't enough room to get away from the MUTS intrusion.

Whatever happened to the art of conversation that we need constant artificial stimulation in the form of MUTS?

I was just on the Dawn Princess and have booked the Sea Princess for 06.

I really have know first hand knowledge of MUTS but it seems to me there are many other locations to sit around "A" pool if you choose to. Forward and the Oasis. So move. Seems clear. Like them adding another bar. Oh my god another place to drink. Another food establishment. Oh why now I will eat to much. The band playing by the Riviera bar was not that good so maybe the MUTS will be better. Also the Sea Priness intinerary is port intensive. Get off and take a tour during the day. At night the deck was empty as it was an older crowd so who will MUTS bother then?

Relax and enjoy it. Things change and it seems Princess is trying to make it a better cruise. Want them to stop trying to please the customers?

I promise you it will not bother me or my wife. Some of the GOF's bothered me more than a MUT's will. :mad:

PS: AC stands for Automatic Corrector...

Princess execs, it stops here, or I do. I've got a good 40 years of cruising left in me - more if I'm lucky. And I can afford to do it in style. Do you value my business - or do you want those who can't afford Disney? Your call.

Something tells me that Princess execs are not lying awake at night wondering how to keep your business.

On that, we can agree. :)

The thing that bugs me in all this is that Princess is (was?) known for being able to please a people with a broad range of expectations. I can't help but feeling that Priness is moving away from those who appreciated their near-premium service. Even Carnival is reported as having better food and dining room service. Why be content to pay more and get less?

Something tells me that Princess execs are not lying awake at night wondering how to keep your business.

Actually, they may have scheduled a priority meeting as soon as they read over this thread to keep the small minority of loyal passengers happy who want it their way with no change and no families on cruises.:rolleyes:

Don't know why some insist that there is only one pool on the sun class ships when they know this is not true. And don't tell me no different because the same thing was being debated when they decided to add Movies under the Stars to the Grand. If they had 10 pools on these ships, the same few will still be complaining...........Something tells me maybe some folks are getting too old for cruising and need to take a land vacation.

Kudos to Princess for their well thought innovation......THE MAJORITY LOVE IT!!

I think some of us are suffering from serious denial. As also said previously, when someone comments extreme negetavity to something they absolutely have no knowedge of, makes you wish you NEVER wind up being on the same cruise with such miserable folks. Some just "can't wait and see for themselves"

Ourlol - btw, what is your experience on Movies on the Stars?

We are booked on the Sea Princess 20 Aug 05 sailing date. This will be our 14th cruise with Princess...however, we have not sailed with them since the Grand princess in 1999. We have been cruising with NCL and HAL the last 5 years. So it will be interesting to us to compare the standards of Princess today with those of 6 years ago. Some of the opinions of the people in this forum feel those standards have deteriorated over the last few years. If that's the case, why continue to cruise with Princess when there are plenty of other lines out there? We'll advise you of our opinion after the cruise. And yes, that review will include our opinion of MUTS...good or bad.

So far my experience of MUTS is zilch. I will undoubtedly experience it first hand on the Grand in July... whether by the pool or passing through the area.

I think you will find, my MUTS comments on these boards so far, have amounted to some "tongue in cheek" Christmas Carols on the subject (when I wasn't necessarily expressing MY views) and an eeeKKKK :eek: when having read the sound could be heard some distance away from the ship. So far I don't think I have expressed a view either way. Someone will soon pick me up if I have.

FYI - My view is that the concept would probably have had some merit if used in the way in which I had initially thought it would be profiled i.e. only during the evening. Then, I suspect I would be tempted watch a film. It is the idea of it playing continuously throughout the day that puts me off. Funnily enough when I asked my kids whether they welcomed the introduction of the TV screen - they were horrified by the idea.

I will just have to suck it and see.

Some of the opinions of the people in this forum feel those standards have deteriorated over the last few years. If that's the case, why continue to cruise with Princess when there are plenty of other lines out there?

This is the same question that pops in my mind and this question has been raised before on a MUTS discussion. They are known to put themselves above others and continue to speak about the value and affordability they have to cruise in style with the old tradition of cruising. But yet, they are still here. Don't get it.

Archived