Sailing next Monday and need a good read

rnvattes

I also concur The Stephanie Plum series. One For The Money is a great easy and entertaining read. The Hunger Games is great but sad. I just bought 50 Shades of Gray and started reading it last night. It is not my typical type of of book but there is sooooo much talk about it I could not help myself:eek:

Another fan of Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford series.

Bob Morris fans might like Tim Dorsey's series with Serge A Storm - off the wall characters and plots that take place in Florida. Atomic Lobster takes place on a cruise ship out of Tampa

Currently reading Michael Oher's I Beat the Odds: From Homelessness to the Blind Side and Beyond. True story - inspirational and an easy read.

Any of the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich! They're light hysterically funny mysteries! :)

Ditto, loved this series, still didnt see the movie though. You dont have to start with one, they are designed to be able to get the gist of the characters no matter where you start.

Easy read and laugh out loud moments, grandma is a hoot!

Skinny Dip by Carl Hiaasen

Atomic Lobster by Tim Dorsey

Tricky Business by Dave Barry

All are funny, fast reads and involve cruises to some extent. Enjoy!

I second Hiaasen and Barry!!! or you can try A Salty Piece of Land by Jimmy Buffet :D

Another fan of Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford series.

Bob Morris fans might like Tim Dorsey's series with Serge A Storm - off the wall characters and plots that take place in Florida. Atomic Lobster takes place on a cruise ship out of Tampa

Currently reading Michael Oher's I Beat the Odds: From Homelessness to the Blind Side and Beyond. True story - inspirational and an easy read.

Thank you. I love Bob Morris and am dismayed that he hasn't written any more Zack Chasteen books. I look forward to reading Tim Dorsey.

Looking for something "junkfood" and easy to enjoy during our vacation.

And yes, I've been advised to bring 50 Shades of Gray... but it's sold out everywhere and I don't Kindle/Nook (I prefer actual books).

Ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

Ann Coulter has a new book out.

Hit B&N first thing when they opened today and was able to get a copy of Fifty Shades of Gray!

:D

Also grabbed Little Bee, which has been on my list for a while. Hitting the library later to see if I can grab a couple of other "beach reads" that have been hard to get

:) 5 days!

Stephanie Plumb books are awesome! They are perfect vacation books. I re-read the first one before seeing the movie. They get lighter as the series goes on.

King's 11/22/63 is a really good read. Not typical King. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is a wonderful book. The 2nd one is also good, but I didn't care so much for the third in the triology.

The Gray books (50 shades) are VERY racey, but I like that! If you are a prude at all you probably won't like them. I'm surprised no one has mentioned that in all the posts I've seen about these books lately. I'm on number 2. :D:D hee hee

Skinny Dip , by Carl Hiassen. It is a great cruise book - about a husband who throws his wife off a cruise ship, and the events that unravel afterward. I couldn't put it down, and dh also loved it! Try it - has humor, suspense, twists and turns.:)

I give a second to Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I could not put it down. In the same vein as Queen Victoria Demon Slayer and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Just in case you think I have no standards ... Sense and Sensibility and Sea monsters was not good.

Who knew this would become a whole genre?

Skinny Dip , by Carl Hiassen. It is a great cruise book - about a husband who throws his wife off a cruise ship, and the events that unravel afterward. I couldn't put it down, and dh also loved it! Try it - has humor, suspense, twists and turns.:)

Yes...Skinny Dip or any of Carl Hiassen books. He is a genus who nows how to portray the real Florida. I think . Goode suggestion michele.

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly.

You won't be able to put it down. A chronological examination of the politics, emotions, and logistics of taking the life of an American President and the manhunt that ensued.

I was amazed at the lack of security and the nonchalant attitude that prevailed BACK THEN concerning the protection of an American President.

Old favorites that would be very appropriate for a cruise:

THE BOUNTY TRILOGY

Mutiny on the Bounty

Men Against the Sea

Pitcairn's Island

Looking for something "junkfood" and easy to enjoy during our vacation.

And yes, I've been advised to bring 50 Shades of Gray... but it's sold out everywhere and I don't Kindle/Nook (I prefer actual books).

Ideas? :confused:

Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/11-22-63-Stephen-King/dp/1451627289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328380487&sr=8-1

Excellent book.

Yes...Skinny Dip or any of Carl Hiassen books. He is a genus who nows how to portray the real Florida. I think . Goode suggestion michele.

After hearing about the book and reading about it on Amazon I just ordered it for myself:). It sounds great and I can't wait to get it!

Archived