Oosterdam in Vancouver, BC this morning....

....waiting for us to board...:D

We were there about the same time you took this picture. DH camera battery ran out about 10 minutes after taking a picture of the ship. Now just waiting for the time to board. Can hardly wait.

LOVE the Oosterdam! My favorite ship so far!

I wish I was able to come out and see the O yesterday, sometimes when I'm on the SkyTrain going to work I can see the cruise ships but only if they're on the OTHER side of the pier.

I'll be saying hi to her on May 5th! .. not as a passenger but in the summer months I like to go to Canada Place and watch the ships sail off to Alaska.

LOVE the Oosterdam! My favorite ship so far!

I wish I was able to come out and see the O yesterday, sometimes when I'm on the SkyTrain going to work I can see the cruise ships but only if they're on the OTHER side of the pier.

I'll be saying hi to her on May 5th! .. not as a passenger but in the summer months I like to go to Canada Place and watch the ships sail off to Alaska.

When my husband was alive we used to go to the Pan Pacific for a cocktail to watch the ships sail to Alaska. Sometimes we'd be able to have a quick visit with a crew member at the cruise ship centre before or after their shore leave.:D

When my husband was alive we used to go to the Pan Pacific for a cocktail to watch the ships sail to Alaska. Sometimes we'd be able to have a quick visit with a crew member at the cruise ship centre before or after their shore leave.:D

What a lovely memory:). When my dad was still alive my parents used to drive down to Stanley Park every weekend and watch she ships sail under the Lions Gate Bridge.

What a lovely memory:). When my dad was still alive my parents used to drive down to Stanley Park every weekend and watch she ships sail under the Lions Gate Bridge.

I love to do both of those things with my BF. We've got reservations at the Pan Pacific for breakfast the next time Oosterdam is in Vancouver. We also love going to Stanley Park and walking along the seawall and sitting under the bridge at 5:30 when the ships sail underneath.

In 2010 we couldn't wait for our sailaway from Vancouver on the Oosterdam, we watched lots of ships sailaway from Vancouver to Alaska, and we couldn't wait until it was OUR turn. Anyways, when we finally got on our ship and it was sailaway time, I got sick with a migraine. Biggest letdown ever.. I spent my long awaited sailaway chugging ginger ale and throwing up in my stateroom.

:mad::mad::eek:

Archived